6 + 5 = 2012

Crumpy Gunt

Fair enough. Arsenal are fucked TBH.

Not really if all these young english players who are coming through make it and Mr Wenger is confident they will.

I dont think it will happen with the laws on eu jobs etc etc

Watching the clip of Blatter on SSN earlier got the impression that this has come about because the Premiership is dominating the Champions League & UEFA don't like it.

Guest optimistic nit

Watching the clip of Blatter on SSN earlier got the impression that this has come about because the Premiership is dominating the Champions League & UEFA don't like it.

one fucking season :lol:

Guest Jawesome

More English footballers will be needed, better facilities will be needed locally.  Shit holes all around the country will be getting done up.  Council estates in Liverpool and Birmingham rejoice.

Guest optimistic nit

this will well and truely fuck up the sides below the big 4. Cocks!

Not really, I'd say it harms the top 4 more than anyone else.

well say it was in use this season, that means that 120 of the starting players would have to be english, 24 of which would be playing in the top 4. while barry, bently and such can just about be kept by villa and blackburn now, they'd be guarenteed first team football in the top 4, so would be off in a flash. the top4 would really need an english player for every position, and a couple others, so thats say 14, so we could end up with a situation where the 56 best english players are at top 4 clubs, leaving the rest of us to scrape the bottom of the barrell. england has a smaller area than the other european main leagues to capture players, so it would affect us the worst. and the value of an enlgish player, already overvalued, would take another hike.

you look at how lower league teams struggle to keep promising youngsters now, how bad will that problem be then?

i assume players like geremi would be ok, as he has english citizenship i think, after being in the country for 5 years. this could lead to exactly what uefa detest, big teams poaching players from the youth systems of smaller sides, and if english clubs managed to do this early enough, they could poach young italians at age 14 who would be english citizens by age 19, and would, i think then be able to play for our national team? (see cudicini).

it fucks up the top 4 as well, but they'll just react buy buying all the good english talent out there, and we'll be fucked.

Wouldn't this just raise transfer prices through the roof globally? Now a player is valuable for his skill and his nationality.

Aye, just imagine how much more someone like Walcott would go for.

Crap idea, so we all have to lower standards and we'll have players like Shola and Ramage (yes thank the Lord he's away) guaranteed a place while players like Oba sit on the bench? And we'll have to keep players like Chopra in case the quota is out of balance.

It stinks.

Guest Geordiesned

I don't understand why this keeps coming to the top of UEFA and FIFA's agendas. Haven't the EU long since said that it would be illegal?

How the fuck can this come into play.  Its basically stopping the human rights act of the EU

This is fucking Gay, super Dale Winton GAY!

The top four clubs will hoover up whatever talent is kicking about. 

The rest of the clubs will be scrapping about for the dreggs.

This is what happens when you let foreigners run things. FFS

this will well and truely f*** up the sides below the big 4. Cocks!

Not really, I'd say it harms the top 4 more than anyone else.

well say it was in use this season, that means that 120 of the starting players would have to be english, 24 of which would be playing in the top 4. while barry, bently and such can just about be kept by villa and blackburn now, they'd be guarenteed first team football in the top 4, so would be off in a flash. the top4 would really need an english player for every position, and a couple others, so thats say 14, so we could end up with a situation where the 56 best english players are at top 4 clubs, leaving the rest of us to scrape the bottom of the barrell. england has a smaller area than the other european main leagues to capture players, so it would affect us the worst. and the value of an enlgish player, already overvalued, would take another hike.

you look at how lower league teams struggle to keep promising youngsters now, how bad will that problem be then?

i assume players like geremi would be ok, as he has english citizenship i think, after being in the country for 5 years. this could lead to exactly what uefa detest, big teams poaching players from the youth systems of smaller sides, and if english clubs managed to do this early enough, they could poach young italians at age 14 who would be english citizens by age 19, and would, i think then be able to play for our national team? (see cudicini).

it fucks up the top 4 as well, but they'll just react buy buying all the good english talent out there, and we'll be f***ed.

Exactly! With all the good English players gone to the top 4 and with other clubs being forced to feature so many English players they would all be stuck with some extremely average players in their first teams.

Fancy having to play someone that is average or just sucks just because they are British?!

Even worse is the fact that this will make British youngsters even lazier as they will be even less motivated to really push themselves to make it. They will only do so much knowing they had a place set aside for them automatically.