England Game Tonight v USA, Who would you pick?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest Nufc4Life

Hopefully will be a bit more entertaining than usual but i doubt it.

Am heading down the pub for it to hopefully get a better atmosphere, won't hold my breath mind.

We;ll probably win it 1-0 with a late Terry header.

You know, I can't even name the majority of the USA squad, but I'm looking forward to this game. I honestly want to see just how far away we are from you.

England, Spain and then home for Argentina will give every one a pretty good feel for how the team will fare going forward.

Hopefully will be a bit more entertaining than usual but i doubt it.

Am heading down the pub for it to hopefully get a better atmosphere, won't hold my breath mind.

We;ll probably win it 1-0 with a late Terry header.

Maybe he'll cry tears of joy, the soft cunt.

I eat, sleep and drink football and i'm Newcastle United till i die, and all that jazz - but i find it very, very hard to care about England nowadays.

I feel absolutely no affiliation to any of the players; Terry, Ashley Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney - all wankers. The last manager was a fucking joke and a wanker to boot, and the new one is Italian. The guys who orchestrate how the national team is run are a joke and a bunch of wankers aswell; Brian Barwick - a mega-wanker. Generally, the entire setup is littered with underachieving, overpaid, whinging, arrogant wankers. On top of things, almost every single fecking game is boring as fuck.

And don't throw similarities to Newcastle at me, because that is extremely different. I don't really know why, it just is.

I'm disappointed we're not at the Euros, and i'd probably feel more than apathetic if we were there, but when Croatia knocked us out i did little more than roll my eyes and give a dry chuckle. We didn't deserve to be there. However, there is still a glimmer of support there, i'd rather we won tonight than lost, and hopefully something will happen to make me support England properly again. But at the moment... meh.

I eat, sleep and drink football and i'm Newcastle United till i die, and all that jazz - but i find it very, very hard to care about England nowadays.

I feel absolutely no affiliation to any of the players; Terry, Ashley Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney - all wankers. The last manager was a fucking joke and a wanker to boot, and the new one is Italian. The guys who orchestrate how the national team is run are a joke and a bunch of wankers aswell; Brian Barwick - a mega-wanker. Generally, the entire setup is littered with underachieving, overpaid, whinging, arrogant wankers. On top of things, almost every single fecking game is boring as fuck.

And don't throw similarities to Newcastle at me, because that is extremely different. I don't really know why, it just is.

I'm disappointed we're not at the Euros, and i'd probably feel more than apathetic if we were there, but when Croatia knocked us out i did little more than roll my eyes and give a dry chuckle. We didn't deserve to be there. However, there is still a glimmer of support there, i'd rather we won tonight than lost, and hopefully something will happen to make me support England properly again. But at the moment... meh.

Cock on.

Guest Nufc4Life

I understand what you're saying, can;t say thats how i feel myself, but i do see where you're comign from.

I dont necessarily like the players so much either, but it's England, i support the country not the players. The players will come and go but it'll always be England. It's the same with Newcastle as well, although admittedly i like a few more of the players.

I understand what you're saying, can;t say thats how i feel myself, but i do see where you're comign from.

I dont necessarily like the players so much either, but it's England, i support the country not the players. The players will come and go but it'll always be England. It's the same with Newcastle as well, although admittedly i like a few more of the players.

Thing is, and i've only once been to an England game when i was little, i just wouldn't feel right singing "Rooney! Rooney! Rooney!" He's not my player, if you know what i mean (like "Oba, Obafem!").

That's one of the main sources of apathy, or an example for why i am apathetic. If you see what i mean.

I don't support England.  It's not a decision I made or anything, I just really don't care about international football the same way I do Newcastle. 

This is basically it. I don't really know why the love for Newcastle is so much greater than England with me. I'm a football fan and England, technically, is my team. I just don't know; with NUFC it feels like it's actually mine, whereas with England's, it's kinda everybody's. :undecided:

Why is David Beckham still getting fucking games?

I like Beckham, a lot, he's one of my favourite all-time England players (back when i used to support them ;) ), but he is so blatantly finished. There really are so many better options.

I like Beckham, a lot, he's one of my favourite all-time England players (back when i used to support them ;) ), but he is so blatantly finished. There really are so many better options.

Probably because he'll be a lot fitter than the other options.

:shifty:

And your point is? Beckham is getting a game because he is a lot fitter than the other options who have only just finished a very long season for the most part. Capello said as much.

And your point is? Beckham is getting a game because he is a lot fitter than the other options who have only just finished a very long season for the most part. Capello said as much.

Stop coming at me with rhetoricals you mardy arse. :razz:  It was in reference to your "I don't fancy Beckham" comment. ;)

Stop coming at me with rhetoricals you mardy arse. :razz:  It was in reference to your "I don't fancy Beckham" comment. ;)

Apologies. I'm super, super stressed at the moment.