The Chronicle's latest earth shattering headlines

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

Thursday- "Watch us go under Keegan says Owen"

Friday- "We will get better says KK"

Saturday- "Why KKs the man for United by Big Al"

Monday- "KK will take us to Europe says Milner"

Even the Journal joined on today with "KKs still got the old magic says Beardsley".

Rivetting stuff, more please!  :clap2:

Even the Journal joined on today with "KKs still got the old magic says Beardsley".

Been going on for 2 weeks now. Proves Oliver etc have fuck all to feed on from within the Club.

Guest Stephen927

Been going on for 2 weeks now. Proves Oliver etc have f*** all to feed on from within the Club.

And long may it continue. :D

Guest BooBoo

Oliver generally seems to disappear at this time every year leaving Lee Ryder to drum up such tosh. Next to poor old Lee, Oliver looks like Hugh McIlvaney!

Oliver must be gutted that rent-a-quotes Taylor and Ramage are either on holiday or have buggered off.

Taylor's well overdue a 'St James' faithful can roar us up the league' article.

To be fair its not the journos' fault that there isn't really anything to report on. They have to put something on the back pages!

I have to say that I'm more than happy that our transfer business isn't being conducted through the media. I know a lot on here are in a state of blind panic that we didn't sign anybody the moment the window opened, but I reckon (hope) its because the people in charge of acquisitions might think its a bad idea to come out and announce that we have £100m to spend and we are interested in Deco/Crouch/Bentley etc. - not exactly going to get you a good deal from the selling club.

Same old same old, but I think its nice that the Ronnie Gill fools are having to guess at whats going on at the club, instead of seeming to hear about every move that was made. We are all waiting for the solid headline that reports we have signed a new player but we can only wait..

Guest Stephen927

I'm genuinely surprised to read he's 24.

I knew he wasn't old and still relatively young, but his hair throws me everytime.

Since the takeover by Ashley and then KK coming back,  The Chron don't have the same role anymore as NUFC's and the board's propaganda tool.

Ryder, is hopelessly out of his depth when oliver takes time out, reminds me a bit of a YTS trying to do a grown ups job. Oliver himself has little to feed on anyone. I get the impression that KK found out about him many moons ago and won't entertain him. He's probably still got a few contacts within the club, but nothing like he used to under the old regime.  I think now, when they want to leak something they leak it to the nationals. 

Guest Kenton Magpie

It actually says Dean AshTOON on the back page. :rolleyes:

Not 'wide of the mark' there

After reading that I came to the conclusion that it was all based on rumours the writer had read from other media sources. There is nothing new said. I heard Man U were supposedly interested in Ashton weeks ago. Same for Newcastle. I think the press just hope you've forgotten about a story then print it again. There was a 'What Owen thinks of Keegan' last week which I had major deja vu reading. I'm sure it contained Owen quotes from months ago.