Enrique for Zigic?

Kaizero

When is a bid ever "confirmed"? The only reason stuff ever comes out is if someone goes flapping their gums to the rags and even then, most of the time it's absolute nonsense.

You can see a player going into SJP on Sky Sports and still have nothing "confirmed" from the club. It's also usually in at least one clubs' best interests to keep any bid quiet. Surely this is basic stuff?

The Smith deal was tied up pretty quick from rumours aswell wasn't it?

There has been a lot of talk about this Arda Turan fella.

Its good to talk, its even better to act.

Emres transfer came out of nowhere as well - in fact i cant really think of too many long drawn out pursuits last summer. In fact Modric himself didnt get a mention till it had been found off that Croat geezer.

Its still 8th June. We don't know what actions the club have taken.

Only 23 days till the transfer window opens though  :frantic:

You never know, KK might be back off holiday by then and start being the NUFC manager.

i wouldve wanted us to make at least some of our transfers before the euros. regardless of prices going up and all that, it can be difficult to buy if players are involved as they want to concentrate on the tournament or their coach has banned agents from the camp. then it is only one week from the end of the euros and start of pre-season training, and even during this time players might be on holiday and not want to interrupt a visit to barbados or the maldives to jet into tyneside.

Yep he should definitely not be allowed a holiday.

Although maybe the club sent him on holiday so the nasty Vetere and Wise can complete their evil transfer schemes while he is away.

Yep he should definitely not be allowed a holiday.

Although maybe the club sent him on holiday so the nasty Vetere and Wise can complete their evil transfer schemes while he is away.

When he gets back he'll probably need a few days off due to the stress of flying.

Guest Heneage

Enrique has looked better in his first season in the Prem than Evra did in his and look how with a full pre-season he came on a scum United.  Our squad is paper thin and left back has been an issue for years KEEP ENRIQUE!

Key.

Fergie knows it, likes to get his players in before the window even opens.

But who the fook is Fergie, what does he know?  :razz:

He's the manager of the biggest club in the world, with almost limitless funds and a succession of great players banging his door down to sign for them. Spot the difference. ;)

Dunno bout "Limitless fuds" Last i heard they were just managing to pay off the loan debt per season.

Guest Heneage

Yep, how dare he have a holiday! :lol:

Needs a holiday after having 3 years off.

If that was me i'd be at every game, working 24-7 to better the club, SBR style.

I agree added to the fact he's had since january to identify targets.

If that was me i'd be at every game, working 24-7 to better the club, SBR style.

OR more realistically when the season finishes work to get one or two KEY signings made then take a relaxing holiday before completing the squad building late june to early july

you'll not talk any sense into these people TT - we've done the same thing year in year out in the transfer market so why could we/would we possibly do anything different given our prior "successes"?

it's ostrich time...the "look at you panicking 'cause we've not signed anyone on 9th june" brigade will say the same thing until the last day of transfer window guaranteed...at 23:58 august 31st they'll be saying "there's still time man"

not one of the people ridiculing you/me or whoever, not a single one, can offer me a satisfactory answer for us not making sure a signing or two is in the bag early on - tells it's own story....

No way they get Enrique, or do we really fancy buying 2 LB's, make an offer if they say no move on. I don't know much about him but is he another one thats a player purely down to his height?

OR more realistically when the season finishes work to get one or two KEY signings made then take a relaxing holiday before completing the squad building late june to early july

you'll not talk any sense into these people TT - we've done the same thing year in year out in the transfer market so why could we/would we possibly do anything different given our prior "successes"?

it's ostrich time...the "look at you panicking 'cause we've not signed anyone on 9th june" brigade will say the same thing until the last day of transfer window guaranteed...at 23:58 august 31st they'll be saying "there's still time man"

not one of the people ridiculing you/me or whoever, not a single one, can offer me a satisfactory answer for us not making sure a signing or two is in the bag early on - tells it's own story....

What a load of bollocks.

If we're still in this position at that time on that day, there's no way people won't be livid. No fucking way.

Why would we do any different this season? New owner, new chairman, new manager (that they appointed). Let's see, eh? Oh, and last summer ended up being pretty damn good in the end IMO, so I don't know where you're coming from in terms of the most recent reference point.

You give me a satisfactory answer why 17 other clubs in the Premier League haven't signed anyone yet and I'll show you why we haven't.

In fact who has signed players? Chelsea - not quite comparable is it? Spurs - only one player we weren't in for with a record-breaking bid. Liverpool - slightly less problem getting players for them methinks.

What a load of bollocks.

If we're still in this position at that time on that day, there's no way people won't be livid. No fucking way.

Why would we do any different this season? New owner, new chairman, new manager (that they appointed). Let's see, eh? Oh, and last summer ended up being pretty damn good in the end IMO, so I don't know where you're coming from in terms of the most recent reference point.

You give me a satisfactory answer why 17 other clubs in the Premier League haven't signed anyone yet and I'll show you why we haven't.

In fact who has signed players? Chelsea - not quite comparable is it? Spurs - only one player we weren't in for with a record-breaking bid. Liverpool - slightly less problem getting players for them methinks.

The club apologists will still be out in force a few days before the window closes, then when it does be unhappy when we've not done what we've needed and probably say 'I saw it coming'.