The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

For some reason I can't bring myself to hate Shola... he always puts his all in for the team, he's just not that good. The problem is he needs an extra second to do anything, you just don't get that time in the premiership.

I don't agree. I always get the impression from him that he'd rather score than make a positive impact on general play. And the amount of times he ends up on the floor and stays there unnecessarily is a fucking disgrace

For some reason I can't bring myself to hate Shola... he always puts his all in for the team, he's just not that good. The problem is he needs an extra second to do anything, you just don't get that time in the premiership.

He was a million miles away from putting his all in for the team yesterday. Like someone said, lives in slow motion, stays on the ground unessaceraly, he really lacked effrot & application yesterday.

He was a million miles away from putting his all in for the team yesterday. Like someone said, lives in slow motion, stays on the ground unessaceraly, he really lacked effrot & application yesterday.

Nothing to do with the fact he failed a fitness test before the game but still player, the lazy cunt :lol:

Nothing to do with the fact he failed a fitness test before the game but still player, the lazy cunt :lol:

Does he fail a fitness test before every game then?

Nothing to do with the fact he failed a fitness test before the game but still player, the lazy c*** :lol:

So he must have failed fitness tests in 70% of all his other games? Because he was his usual self.

Does he fail a fitness test before every game then?

He mentioned yesterday, plus Shola has had this hip problem for years so it wouldn't surprise me if he has failed them before and still played, we already know he has played at times before when he hasnt really been fit enough.

Shola was shite yesterday, if he wasnt fit and felt the injury he should have said he couldnt play. He could have been worse injured like Barton was.

Btw: Xisco is now behind Martins, Owen, Viduka, Ameobi, Carrol and Løvendkrands.

Guest firetotheworks

Shola was s**** yesterday, if he wasnt fit and felt the injury he should have said he couldnt play. He could have been worse injured like Barton was.

Btw: Xisco is now behind Martins, Owen, Viduka, Ameobi, Carrol and Løvendkrands.

He did, and Kinnear told him he had to play.

Shola was shite yesterday, if he wasnt fit and felt the injury he should have said he couldnt play. He could have been worse injured like Barton was.

He did say he was struggling but was basically told tough shit, what else can he do? We have had enough players faking or making the most of injuries, I would prefer if more were like Shola.

Lad can't win though.

My heart sank down to my boots when he stepped up to take the pen in the midst of having an absolute nightmare game even by his excruciatingly poor standards - shouldn't Nolan be our regular pen taker?

Fair play to the lad, he put it away well.  If only he got a chance to put the ball down, take 30 seconds to decide what he wants to do with it and then take a shot in open play, seems like that's what he needs.

Shola was s**** yesterday, if he wasnt fit and felt the injury he should have said he couldnt play. He could have been worse injured like Barton was.

Maybe to many is like him, thats why we have a looooooong injury list?  Its ok if all the other strikers were injured, but we had 2 on the bench so it was no need to sacrifice another one.

I like the lad for trying, but sometime u have to think about the future and whats best for the team. :)

He did say he was struggling but was basically told tough s***, what else can he do? We have had enough players faking or making the most of injuries, I would prefer if more were like Shola.

Lad can't win though.

50 goals in 9 seasons, jesus

what strikes me about Shola is the fact that he played alongside Shearer for over 5 years he has no clue how to use his body whatsoever. You could stick Craig Bellamy on him, and he'd still be outmuscled and beaten in the air time and time again, it's incredible

Guest Howaythetoon

Shocking performance but massive balls to take and score that penalty knowing he'd get dogs abuse if he missed. I couldn't watch, I along with what seemed like the whole of L7 turned our backs. Immense feeling when it went in.

Shocking performance but massive balls to take and score that penalty knowing he'd get dogs abuse if he missed. I couldn't watch, I along with what seemed like the whole of L7 turned our backs. Immense feeling when it went in.

he was already getting dog's abuse. He's a striker and he's been in the team for 9 seasons now, so he should be taking that penalty

Guest Howaythetoon

he was already getting dog's abuse. He's a striker and he's been in the team for 9 seasons now, so he should be taking that penalty

I have to say, I never heard much to be honest where any of our players were concerned although it appears he and Butt got some stick during the game. I know there were moans and groans and I let off a few myself but I wouldn't class that as dogs abuse.

Ameobi hopes to kick-start Newcastle drop fight

Date: 02 February 2009

DERBY hero Shola Ameobi is hoping his 50th Newcastle United goal can kick start a successful fight against relegation.

Ameobi took his own personal tally against Sunderland to four goals when he struck Newcastle's equaliser in yesterday's Tyne-Wear derby at St James's Park.

Only Jackie Milburn (11), Albert Shepherd (6) and George Robledo (5) have more than derby goals to their names than Ameobi, who climbed off the treatment table to answer Joe Kinnear's SOS, with Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins and Mark Viduka all injured.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/Ameobi-hopes-to-kickstart-Newcastle.4935907.jp

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Ameobi aims to score 100 for NUFC

Feb 6 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

SHOLA AMEOBI wants to use Newcastle United’s bid for survival as a launchpad to reach a ton of goals for the Magpies.

The Nigerian-born striker made it 50 not out in black and white as he spared United’s blushes in the big one against Sunderland.

Now, going into the must-win encounter with West Brom, Shola is aiming to make tracks on 100 strikes for United.

After an agonising stint on the sidelines with multiple injuries, Ameobi announced his return by smashing home from the spot against the Black Cats.

He told the Chronicle: “I hope the next 50 won’t take as long to come!

“It’s been a tough few months. I had a problem with my calf, then my hamstring and ankle.

“I’m fit and, and can look forward now, with West Brom coming up where we need to get three points.”

The striker, who recently signed a three-year contract extension, found it impossible to conceal his delight after scoring his fourth Tyne-Wear derby goal.

That saw Shola become the first Toon player since Paul Cannell in the 1976/77 season to score in both the home and away derby fixtures.

Now he wants to stay on the goal trail, saying: “Long may that continue.

“Hopefully, we’ll get up that table too. There are 14 games left and we have to start winning.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/06/ameobi-aims-to-score-100-for-nufc-72703-22870163/