The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

Still don't think Shola is at full match fitness his form seems to have dropped slightly.

Q: How do you know when Shola Ameobi is at full match fitness?

A: When he goes and gets himself injured again.

Guest The Libertine

he is consistent, i'll give him that much. the "double handball while controlling a simple pass" is vintage ameobi.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Apparantly Shearer has bought him a Nintendo DS and has got him on the brain training. Unfortunately there's nothing to work with, he makes Jade Goody (R.I.P.) seem as mentally sharp as Garry Kasparov.

I think if there's one positive from Shola's career as a footballer it's he has shown that a retard can thrive in the modern PL, truly he is a shining example for retards all over the world.

Andy Carroll was my man of the match and he only played for 20 minutes. He showed in that short time everything Shola Ameobi can't or rarely does: - Win headers, score with a header, hold the ball up, stay onside, don't foul the opposition players all the time, control the ball, etc.

I don't understand why it took Shearer so long to take Ameobi off but I doubt he'll have him in the starting 11 again.

next season will be his 10th here (correct me if i'm wrong!). Why.....jusy why are being so patient with that PIECE OF FUKCING SHIT!!!?? HE IS SOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING SHIT!! SHIT!! SHIT!! SHIT!!!SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!! :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave: :dave:

Guest Saint Andy

it was when he missed that header and looked happy that he had a chance, rather than pissed off that he missed that really annoyed me today.

I have no idea why he gets picked to play, I'd rather have some sort of 4-5-1 than a 4-4-2 with Shola.

Guest toonlass

He upped his workrate when he knew he was coming off. Did he think that every Geordie in the land hadn't noticed his lack of, well anything for the previous 60 odd minutes?

Guest eltsacwen

To good to be true. But with 8 strikers (Owen, Martins, Løvenkrands, Ameobi, Smith, Viduka, Carroll, Xisco) in the squad somebody has to go anyway and Shola should be the first to leave St James Park!

To good to be true. But with 8 strikers (Owen, Martins, Løvenkrands, Ameobi, Smith, Viduka, Carroll, Xisco) in the squad somebody has to go anyway and Shola should be the first to leave St James Park!

All very likely to be gone. I wouldn't dream of saying no to being shot of Ameobi or Smith, but we're going to need to be striker shopping before we start tearing up the squad.

HULL are planning a swoop for Newcastle strike star Shola Ameobi.

That should give away that it's all made up.

My computer crashed 18 time before it could even get the words star and Shola up on the screen at the same time.

Guest The Libertine

He upped his workrate when he knew he was coming off. Did he think that every Geordie in the land hadn't noticed his lack of, well anything for the previous 60 odd minutes?

the same way he played well for parts of matches earlier on this season because his contract was up in the summer.

Guest The Libertine

Shearer: "Shola work his socks off today, but without much success", just about sums his up :lol:

apart from the first bit.

The sad thing is, during his brief productive patch under Kinnear he was good in the air, held up the ball well, and actually did work his socks off.

Somehow since coming back from injury he's managed to unlearn all of those positive attributes.

Guest neesy111

The sad thing is, during his brief productive patch under Kinnear he was good in the air, held up the ball well, and actually did work his socks off.

Somehow since coming back from injury he's managed to unlearn all of those positive attributes.

has done it cross his whole career, has a good run then get's totally cocky and goes on an absolute stinker of a run

You would kind of hope that, with him being a local lad, in seeing Carroll, another local lad, come on and save the day, he would come out fighting and try and prove to Alan that he should be the first choice striker but I just dont see him having that kind of attitude or application.