How much to get rid of Duff?

Parky

20 million

That's not far from the total we'll end up paying him once his contract is up :weep:  What kind of idiot gives a 27 year old a 5 year contract on £65,000 a week?  Especially for a player who's flopped at his previous club and clearly wasn't quite the player he used to be.  What a monumental waste of money.

As you can tell I'm worried we may not be able to get rid of Mr Duff..

Just how badly has this club been run. The mind boggles. At least Risdale at Leeds had them at the top for a while. I think Shepherd was hell bent on doing a financial Leeds type meltdown on us for sure if Ashley hadnt come along.

Comments from the Preston manager. How do you work that out then?

I really dislike Duff, he's fucking crap. I think he's right up there with Smith on the uselessometer.

Guest Coubury

I have a feeling Smith will come back into form next season dunno why lol

as for Duff hes fucked

I have a feeling Smith will come back into form next season dunno why lol

as for Duff hes fucked

Switch that round for me.

Haven't totally given up on Duff yet. Has more natural ability than the likes of Geremi and Butt, both of whom became acceptable under Keegan after looking as gash as anybody under Allardyce.

He's lost that burst of pace, of course, but I still think he has enough about him to be useful here - still wouldn't shed a tear if we got a decent sum for him, though, as he's probably on huge wages.

agree, even at his worst it's evident that Duff still has the technical ability and close control that made him special.. the problem, of course, is that he's scared to take on people and his acceleration is gone..

but what's his motivation to up his game?

we've all seen his house, we know how much he gets paid, he knows that there'll be always some club that'd pay him millions regardless of his form..

personally, i gave up on him after his first season and it'd be nice to sell him, even without bringing a replacement

agree, even at his worst it's evident that Duff still has the technical ability and close control that made him special.. the problem, of course, is that he's scared to take on people and his acceleration is gone..

but what's his motivation to up his game?

we've all seen his house, we know how much he gets paid, he knows that there'll be always some club that'd pay him millions regardless of his form..

personally, i gave up on him after his first season and it'd be nice to sell him, even without bringing a replacement

No motivation because he has a nice house and gets paid lots of money?  That would explain why ManU and Chelsea are so shit then.