What happened at Newcastle wasn't down to me

Dave

The state of that team was down to a myriad of factors, we were better under Keegan, he's a better manager, but not even he could work miracles with that squad. A squad that was considerably better off after allardyce got rid of some shite and brought some new players in. There is no argument some of them were shite (roz, smith, geremi) but at least 5 of his players were performing at the end of the season. Its for that i think, why the hatred towards the guy, why do people think he was to blame for it all? You do remember the list of names he got rid of and how difficult it was to find replacements and the circumstances he was working under? How much do you think Beye is worth after his season in the prem? If someone came in for him? Makes up for Smith at least.... well, maybe not...

I'd like to see the links to those saying we were going down. Was it Harry-Noway and that other mong by chance? :lol:

It'd be nice if he showed any humility whatsover regarding our rubbish season, don't you think?

The way he speaks it's like he genuinely believes he did nothing wrong in his time here. He got himself sacked, why was that?

Because if he did right now, he would hurt his future job plans. Would you admit on your CV that you weren't good enough ?

Something about him learning from his experience here would probably be a good thing in many employers' minds IMO. Not saying he should admit to not being good enough.

It'd be nice if he showed any humility whatsover regarding our rubbish season, don't you think?

The way he speaks it's like he genuinely believes he did nothing wrong in his time here. He got himself sacked, why was that?

Because if he did right now, he would hurt his future job plans. Would you admit on your CV that you weren't good enough ?

Something about him learning from his experience here would probably be a good thing in many employers' minds IMO. Not saying he should admit to not being good enough.

He he went out and said he was to blame for the problems but he's learn't from that and it won't happen again, he would have about as much chance as I do of getting another job.

If I were him, I would be blaming circumstances also, until I landed a job a big as Newcastle. The likes of Sounness, Allardyce, Roeder and Guillet all still want to manage top teams, if they admit that the problems they had at Newcastle were their own fault no other big club will take a chance on them. That's why you always see these ridiculous statements, take them with the pinch of salt they deserve.

that is a fair point like, he's not going to put himself down, just make us look bad to make himself look better.

i think the only ex-nufc manager (in my lifetime) who admitted he ballsed up and did well after leaving was probably big jack.

Obviously he's not going to make himself sound like a bad manager, but the fact is he showed his incompetence at managing a big club...he proved the England selectors right in being wary of appointing him because of his limited vision of how the game should be played. This is the exact reason why Man U or Arsenal aren't ever going to chase him, and why he's now being considered as 2nd choice to Shearer for a club like Blackburn.

This is his level, a small time club, happy to cause a few upsets. Good luck Sam wherever you end up, but stop bleating about Newcastle because you blew it. Don't blame US for other big clubs not giving YOU a chance.

He he went out and said he was to blame for the problems but he's learn't from that and it won't happen again, he would have about as much chance as I do of getting another job.

If I were him, I would be blaming circumstances also, until I landed a job a big as Newcastle. The likes of Sounness, Allardyce, Roeder and Guillet all still want to manage top teams, if they admit that the problems they had at Newcastle were their own fault no other big club will take a chance on them. That's why you always see these ridiculous statements, take them with the pinch of salt they deserve.

Again, I'm not saying he should explicitly admit he was to blame for everything that went wrong. Something along the lines of 'things didn't go quite as I'd planned at Newcastle for various reasons, but that experience only makes me want to do better next time' would be much easier to stomach than his 'I'm brilliant, fuck all to do with me like' shit.

Again, I'm not saying he should explicitly admit he was to blame for everything that went wrong. Something along the lines of 'things didn't go quite as I'd planned at Newcastle for various reasons, but that experience only makes me want to do better next time' would be much easier to stomach that his 'I'm brilliant, f*** all to do with me like' s***.

Dave, give it up, you lost this one. You win some you loose some, just move along ;P

Seriously though, that's just not in Sam's nature, one of his percieved qualities is his overriding self confedence which borders on the arrogant tbh. It would be like Samson getting a short back and sides for BS to admit he screwed up to any degree.

In terms of the Keegan vs Allardyce references, i think Allardyce would have got a few more points in them first nine games. Keegan was doing it the Allardyce way (playing Butt n Smith n Duff, dodgy tactics and subs, etc) - but even more badly.

However... i don't think Allardyce would have got more points by the end of the season; because he wouldn't have had the nouse or the balls to switch to that 4-3-3.

If that makes sense?

The whole Allardyce thing makes me feel sick cos i always thought he was gonna be the man to sort us out. I'm not disappointed that he's gone, don't get me wrong, just the whole 'era' makes me feel queasy.

The worst thing is you just know he genuinely believes what he's saying and doesn't think it's in any way his fault.  He has an ego to match the size of his fucking fat head.

Hope he gets that Blackburn job.  They will lose Bentley and Santa Cruz and he will fail miserably.

The state of that team was down to a myriad of factors, we were better under Keegan, he's a better manager, but not even he could work miracles with that squad. A squad that was considerably better off after allardyce got rid of some s**** and brought some new players in. There is no argument some of them were s**** (roz, smith, geremi) but at least 5 of his players were performing at the end of the season. Its for that i think, why the hatred towards the guy, why do people think he was to blame for it all? You do remember the list of names he got rid of and how difficult it was to find replacements and the circumstances he was working under? How much do you think Beye is worth after his season in the prem? If someone came in for him? Makes up for Smith at least.... well, maybe not...

I'd like to see the links to those saying we were going down. Was it Harry-Noway and that other mong by chance? :lol:

I just wasn't under the illusion that Keegan would not be faced with a serious relegation battle ;), in the wake of Allardyce's and Keegan's respective late too late departures and arrivals which in turn left KK very lttle time to manoever in the transfer window, which is relevant given that KK was brink of fielding a weakened first XI with the African Nations' Cup just around the corner. Keegan simply didn't have the necessary cattle at his disposal, certainly the quality needed to hasten the process of getting this team to play effective-attacking, 'deck playing' football again.

Agree with Mick though. For the remainder of the season Big Sam would've continued to have the team play in survival mode, even more so in the relegation 6 pointers which followed that tough run of games against teams that were also sitting in the mix. Not employing a set of decent naturally-minded attacking outfieders - ie. Owen, Martins et al - to chase a result in what players' would've felt were winnable games would have just magnified the lack of morale/confidence which at that stage - ie. prior to his sacking - had engulfed the team.

Keegan sending the team out in those '6 pointers' i speak of with the attitude of 'grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck' was a significant factor as to why we escaped the drop. It would've been a mucher closer shave with Big Sam at the helm, it would have come down to the final fixture set imo.

Obviously he's not going to make himself sound like a bad manager, but the fact is he showed his incompetence at managing a big club...he proved the England selectors right in being wary of appointing him because of his limited vision of how the game should be played. This is the exact reason why Man U or Arsenal aren't ever going to chase him, and why he's now being considered as 2nd choice to Shearer for a club like Blackburn.

This is his level, a small time club, happy to cause a few upsets. Good luck Sam wherever you end up, but stop bleating about Newcastle because you blew it. Don't blame US for other big clubs not giving YOU a chance.

Agree 100%.