So, Is Ashley Struggling To Shift ST's?

Crumpy Gunt

Not renewing , sat in level 7 , being moved to the corner.

Had to put up the same hopes and dreams year in year out but now thats it.

We seem to have the only billonaire that spends no money.

Good riddance, we don't need flakey glory hunters like yourself.

So why do you think all these "glory hunters" that "glory hunted" are now deserting the club

Surely the measure of how a company performs is reflected in its audience/income/ticket sales etc

Genuine question ?

not nececelary......plenty clubs have been supported poorly after good seasons......blackburn,bolton and boro for example

I don't really consider we should be competing at the financial level of those 3 clubs, its a long time since we did this.

where did i say we were competing with those ?

just pointing out that your premise of "how a company performs" etc is flawed

So why do you think all these "glory hunters" that "glory hunted" are now deserting the club

Surely the measure of how a company performs is reflected in its audience/income/ticket sales etc

Genuine question ?

not nececelary......plenty clubs have been supported poorly after good seasons......blackburn,bolton and boro for example

I don't really consider we should be competing at the financial level of those 3 clubs, its a long time since we did this.

I don't think it is. Witness half the city wanting to support the club and buy tickets during Keegans first period. This is what Newcastle should be aiming for, all the time.

Keegans here again, so go for it. It's the same manager.

Genuine question ?

I don't think it is. Witness half the city wanting to support the club and buy tickets during Keegans first period. This is what Newcastle should be aiming for, all the time.

Keegans here again, so go for it. It's the same manager.

the same manager ?

the same name maybe but not the same man.

Genuine question ?

There's a lot of our fans who have only known top flight football and (relatively) good times, who don't understand what supporting the club is about. They just went along with their mates and when one of their mates wraps in, they all follow suit and go shopping with their lasses on a saturday instead. These are the flakey tossers I am on about.

What I really can't understand is that these same people sat through the shit served up by Souness. Roeder and Allardyce, yet are jacking in now when we have Keegan back.

There are people who genuinely cannot afford it anymore and there are also people, who have fallen out of love with the what football has become. I have no problem with these folk.

One comment on the main site is someone claiming to have cancelled their season ticket at the box office, citing Joey Barton as their reason.

From my perspective anyhow, less STs mean better seats for me next season.

Guest BooBoo

People not renewing because of Joey Barton?  ;D

Out of my match going circle, i think everyone is still renewing although i think more than a few have said its more out of habit than anything. You definitely hear things like "I really enjoy the craic and a few pints with the lads" more than "i really enjoy the 90 minutes of football".

I am only aware of one lad not renewing and he sold his season ticket to someone just before christmas last year.

His reasons were that he always went in late cos he was in the pub, went downstairs for a pint before half time and always missed the start of the 2nd half and then always left early to go back to the pub.

He's decided to cut out the middle man and just watch the terrorist tv in the pub instead and save himself a fortune on the season ticket.

I knocked my season ticket on the head. Wasn't happy about the whole game 39 thing, was less happy with the pay extra or commit for 3 years slant.

I wont miss my old small Grey plastic seat (the sofa at home is far superior). I had given up pre-match drinks for most games, it is post-match I will miss, guess I will be Blue lining or getting a gold number 58 bus to NE1 on weekends for post match messiness.

At least fixtures moves are aimed for my benefit as a SKY/Setanta customer.

Moving the family enclosure & creating a singing section in areas that by choice people wouldn't normally want to sit is fooking genius as well.

I've heard some lame excuses but Game 39  ???

If that's the extent of your loyalty to Newcastle United then I say enjoy yourself elsewhere, I'd prefer the old days of 30,000 diehards supporting the club and the city rather than pad it out to 50,000 with people who don't really care.

I realise those running the club may have a different view.

I'd remind anyone that being a true Newcastle supporter is not a fashion choice but a lifetime commitment. For better or for worse.

Guest elbee909

I knocked my season ticket on the head. Wasn't happy about the whole game 39 thing, was less happy with the pay extra or commit for 3 years slant.

I wont miss my old small Grey plastic seat (the sofa at home is far superior). I had given up pre-match drinks for most games, it is post-match I will miss, guess I will be Blue lining or getting a gold number 58 bus to NE1 on weekends for post match messiness.

Moving the family enclosure & creating a singing section in areas that by choice people wouldn't normally want to sit is fooking genius as well.

If that's the extent of your loyalty to Newcastle United then I say enjoy yourself elsewhere, I'd prefer the old days of 30,000 diehards supporting the club and the city rather than pad it out to 50,000 with people who don't really care.

I'd remind anyone that being a true Newcastle supporter is not a fashion choice but a lifetime commitment. For better or for worse.

Well, he is saying he's going to enjoy himself elsewhere.  Someone else who values it more will take his seat instead.  That's what you want, isn't it?

Benwell lad,

Cant you understand that some people have had enough of the shit that goes on with the prem,  Lots of people love NUFC and always will. Not everyone can be a HARDCORE SUPA FAN LIKE YOU.

I'm pretty much sick of the premiership as it is and not sure how much more shit i can stomach. I'm giving it another go this season and will see what happens.

Personally i think on a whole, the premiership its owners and the players are 

is taking the piss out of the fans.

Benwell lad,

Cant you understand that some people have had enough of the s*** that goes on with the prem,  Lots of people love NUFC and always will. Not everyone can be a HARDCORE SUPA FAN LIKE YOU.

I'm pretty much sick of the premiership as it is and not sure how much more s*** i can stomach. I'm giving it another go this season and will see what happens.

Personally i think on a whole, the premiership its owners and the players are 

is taking the piss out of the fans.

First of all I agree with you about the corporate face of football and the way the Premiership is going. Sadly though that's the way it HAS gone, and like all change you either embrace it or get left behind.

Secondly, please don't patronise me with this HARDCORE SUPA FAN crap, I'm not, I'm just someone who through the accident of birth was brought up to support Newcastle who today are in much better shape than they have been for the majority of my supporting life.

It's everyone's choice whether to support our club or not, I certainly don't hold it against anyone who chooses not to and yes the manner in which football's rulers and indeed players behave often leaves a lot to be desired but citing the ridiculous game 39 proposal as a reason for no longer wishing to go to SJP is ...well.... a bit of a joke really.

So why get on The Spences case for packing it in then?

Not everyone is in the same boat as yourself.

I'm not on his case, I congratulate him for "packing it in" if it doesn't mean that much to him anyway.  I just found his reasons laughable.

Anyway probably best he says what he wants to himself rather than you tryng do it on his behalf.

What "boat" will that be then ?

Genuine question ?

There's a lot of our fans who have only known top flight football and (relatively) good times, who don't understand what supporting the club is about. They just went along with their mates and when one of their mates wraps in, they all follow suit and go shopping with their lasses on a saturday instead. These are the flakey tossers I am on about.

What I really can't understand is that these same people sat through the shit served up by Souness. Roeder and Allardyce, yet are jacking in now when we have Keegan back.

There are people who genuinely cannot afford it anymore and there are also people, who have fallen out of love with the what football has become. I have no problem with these folk.

Fair comment and I basically agree, but you also like me remember the days when we sold our best players to Liverpool and Spurs, especially the one who waved at the Kop wearing black and white and denied he was leaving ?

Things are a damn sight better than that, unless you think we are heading back towards such depths ?

Perhaps the club should set up a special Moaning Section.

perhaps you should write to the London tabloids complaining about the club again ?

I am only aware of one lad not renewing and he sold his season ticket to someone just before christmas last year.

His reasons were that he always went in late cos he was in the pub, went downstairs for a pint before half time and always missed the start of the 2nd half and then always left early to go back to the pub.

He's decided to cut out the middle man and just watch the terrorist tv in the pub instead and save himself a fortune on the season ticket.

lad 2 seats along from me spends half the match downstairs in the bar like. Don't understand this to be honest.

lad 2 seats along from me spends half the match downstairs in the bar like. Don't understand this to be honest.

He's probably getting a bit of peace and quiet until you move to the Moaning Section.

So why get on The Spences case for packing it in then?

Not everyone is in the same boat as yourself.

I'm not on his case, I congratulate him for "packing it in" if it doesn't mean that much to him anyway.  I just found his reasons laughable.

Anyway probably best he says what he wants to himself rather than you tryng do it on his behalf.

What "boat" will that be then ?

What boat is it?  The I'm king Leonidas "this is Sparta" Supa Fan talk.

Some people are getting fed up with pumping hard earned cash into the club.

But you seem to think that being an NUFC fan is like being a Spartan from classical Greece.

And The reason why I'm repsnding or him, is because he is at work and has no access to the internet.  AND

I'll bet there is other people out there who will also be packing it all in cos they are fed up.

And am sure some of them will just plain tell you to "fucking do one".

He's probably getting a bit of peace and quiet until you move to the Moaning Section.

odd, really, but I had a funny feeling it was someone fickle like you. Predictable response Ozzie. Must do better. Have you wrote to your cockney journo - the same one as last time - complaining about the price increases or anything yet ?

I'll leave you now. Nighty night.

Benny Lad - "We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of Newcastle United fans dies with it."

The old days happen every cup game Benny, although the numbers are often not as great as the 30,000 you mention.

I'd remind anyone that being a true Newcastle supporter is not a fashion choice but a feeling you have inside when a goal is scored, the team run out on the pitch, the pain of a goal against. It is not about stumping up cash & sitting in plastic seat for approx 95 mins at a time that fits the tv schedulers.