KK: "Lots to talk about in 10 days..."

Filflop1

Keegan speaks.

Not going to buy for the sake of it.

Doesn't want to have to pick a team and find it difficult to choose between two players who are pretty much the same in terms of style and ability.

Is looking for added spark to ignite the players he's got, rather than overhauling the team.

Doesn't want anyone still here to leave.

Lots of press nonsense with 'insiders' and such like.

Given staying and in good shape, with Harper, Forster and Krul expected to put in a huge challenge. Is pleased with the goalkeepers here.

http://forumspile.com/No-Darth_Vader.jpg

Tbf, he isn't going to say "I wish Smith would fuck off" no matter how much he thinks it.

Keegan speaks.

Doesn't want to have to pick a team and find it difficult to choose between two players who are pretty much the same in terms of style and ability.

Is looking for added spark to ignite the players he's got, rather than overhauling the team.

Given staying and in good shape, with Harper, Forster and Krul expected to put in a huge challenge. Is pleased with the goalkeepers here.

Tbf, he isn't going to say "I wish Smith would f*** off" no matter how much he thinks it.

It wouldn't kill him to say it every once in a while.

Keegan speaks.

Tbf, he isn't going to say "I wish Smith would f*** off" no matter how much he thinks it.

It wouldn't kill him to say it every once in a while.

Like at training each morning.

Keegan speaks.

I have to agree, I'm very happy with the goalkeepers here as well. It's a few of the other positions which are the fucking problem. I'm sure KK knows this and his "Not going to buy for the sake of it" sounds ominous. He said that in January and no one came in.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Im not going to buy for the sake of it = I havnt got the money to get the players i want therefore i'll go with what i have got plus a few guthries otherwise known as cheap squad-fillers

Keegan speaks.

Assuming these quotes are real, here's my view on them.

Not buying for buying sake is all well and good but when you have a squad as thin as ours you simply have to buy otherwise we'll be relying on academy kids more often than not.

The team doesn't need a spark, it does need an overhaul, sorry to say I don't agree with him here. It's aging in parts and lacking in quality in other areas.

So if he doesn't want anyone else to leave then why has he been trying to sell Emre and Ameobi ?

TBF the goalkeeping situation is about the only area that we can be content with atm.

I love KK but these comments are not exactly inspiring me.

A synopsis I've read elsewhere says that he doesn't want to buy for the sake of it - meaning that he is looking for better qulaity than we already have.  We've apparently been knocked back by a few, but encouraging signs on a few as well.  He's going for youngish players too.  Not my take as I've not seen it - but a much more encouraging perspective methinks

If we have no money why did we bid £16.8m for one player?

We are obviously bidding for big players, just not doing enough to get the deal done or the players concerned have other options.

Guest stjamestoon

Did he delete his post?

I did, thought i had read wrong..anyway who did we bid that for? I cannot remember ever officially bidding that for anyone recently..

Did he delete his post?

I did, thought i had read wrong..anyway who did we bid that for? I cannot remember ever officially bidding that for anyone recently..

we've only officially bid for 3 players since the end of the season......spiderargie,guthrie and modric.

Guest stjamestoon

Did he...? Missed that...I heard we were linked..never saw or read anything about it..Just that he signed for spurs...was a done deal..

Did he...? Missed that...I heard we were linked..never saw or read anything about it..Just that he signed for spurs...was a done deal..

You mustn't have been on here then very much cos there's a bloody 60 odd page thread on the topic !!

A synopsis I've read elsewhere says that he doesn't want to buy for the sake of it - meaning that he is looking for better qulaity than we already have.  We've apparently been knocked back by a few, but encouraging signs on a few as well.  He's going for youngish players too.  Not my take as I've not seen it - but a much more encouraging perspective methinks

He's used this line many times before and I don't agree with it. Take RB for instance, we need more cover here, under this we need to be looking for a better player than Beye. Well good look finding one, that'll come here and fits within our budget. In some instances we should be looking for players who are not as good as what we have but have the potential to be better than them.

He kind of contridicts this also by bringing in Guthrie, I don't know much about the lad but surely he didn't buy him to go right into the first team ?

Im not going to buy for the sake of it = I havnt got the money to get the players i want therefore i'll go with what i have got plus a few guthries otherwise known as cheap squad-fillers

That is not the case at all, if you watch the interview, or read the two lines below that.

Decent little video, he sounds confident enough to me. :thup:

He says quite clearly that he's looking to bolster the squad ('why let more leave, that'd mean we've not strengthened at all') but that he's looking for GOOD PLAYERS that pick themselves for the first team.