Brazilian turns us down

LooneyToonArmy

No quotes directly from him mentioning us like

---------------------------------------------

Coelho: I Turned Down Toon, Celts For Bologna

Brazilian full-back Dyego Rocha Coelho is excited to have joined Bologna, claiming that he chose to join despite interest from Newcastle and Celtic...

Defender Coelho has agreed to join newly promoted Serie A outfit Bologna from Corinthians.

The Brazilian right-back, who spent last season on loan at Atlético Mineiro, gained notoriety in his homeland after a harsh challenge on Cruzeiro starlet Kerlon - performing one of his ‘seal dribbles’ - landed him a 120 day ban.

The 25-year-old was set to move to Celtic in January but was sent back to Brazil after an unsuccessful trial period.

Now, though, Coelho has hinted that he wasn't keen on Celtic anyway and revealed that Newcastle were also interested in signing him.

Furthermore, he thinks he can get his career back on track in Italy and perhaps even add to the solitary Brazil cap he won five years ago.

Asked if he'd been approached by Newcastle and Celtic, he told the Corriere dello Sport: “It's true, but I wanted to play in your country and, I will not hide, my wife strongly wanted to move to Italy.

“It is a club with great tradition, which has won seven Italian titles and is known and respected in the rest of the world.

"Now I'd like to win my place back in the Seleção thanks to Bologna."

The Brazilian right-back, who spent last season on loan at Atlético Mineiro, gained notoriety in his homeland after a harsh challenge on Cruzeiro starlet Kerlon - performing one of his ‘seal dribbles’ - landed him a 120 day ban.

Went and found this on YouTube.  :lol:

Guest Heneage

Fine he'd have got battered in the EPL, hes not really a great defender, certainly not the best inn Brazils league.

Went and found this on YouTube.   :lol:

Harsh Challenge is a bit of an understatement !

The Brazilian right-back, who spent last season on loan at Atlético Mineiro, gained notoriety in his homeland after a harsh challenge on Cruzeiro starlet Kerlon - performing one of his seal dribbles - landed him a 120 day ban.

Went and found this on YouTube.   :lol:

did you watch any more of the seal dribble stuff?  his gets body checked in virtually every one!!!

Went and found this on YouTube.  :lol:

You could argue he was going for the ball

Guest Jawesome

Give a shit.  This Kerlon kid should stop fucking showing off.  Love him to come here and try that against Joey Barton, Alan Smith or big Abdul Faye.