Article from today's Telegraphy

Big Geordie

"Great article. This is what all Newcastle fans want (except NE5/Leazes Mag) - a recognition from the man at the top at Newcastle United that his time is up and that his days of pulling the wool over the eyes of the fans with trophy signings and waffling about Geordie power are over. Shepherd out.

Posted by Gemmill on October 24, 2006 9:17 AM"

Gemma take the board wars national. tongue.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Agree entirely with that, the non-appointment of M'ON for me has put the last nail in the coffin for Shepherd. No blame goes to Roeder, he is doing what anyone would in his position, trying his best which unfortunately is not good enough, but we all knew that before he took over, how come the chairman didnt?

Posted by Colin MacKay on October 24, 2006 12:14 PM

:) Went a bit overboard with the comma's like  :lol:

force him to work for us at the point of gun?

Who knows if that was the case? Who knows if he was approached in a manner that would have given him enough confidence to take on the job. All i know is that hes not the manager and the person i would blame for that is Shepherd until i know otherwise.

you really think after Soumess there was anything that FF could have said to have persuaded MON? Note that not a single person on here ever believes anything coming out of his fat gob, but you expect top managers to do so....

Thats all very true dont get me wrong, but again it all boils down to the fact that if FF hadnt made all these stupid decisions we could have had M'ON here, judging by M'ONs character he would have loved this challenge but of course FF was there to complicate the situation..

We were never going to get MON!, as I have said before he was openly critical of Fat Fred when they sacked Sir Bobby. So there was no way we were going get him while Shepherd was still at the helm.

Guest Gemmill

"Great article. This is what all Newcastle fans want (except NE5/Leazes Mag) - a recognition from the man at the top at Newcastle United that his time is up and that his days of pulling the wool over the eyes of the fans with trophy signings and waffling about Geordie power are over. Shepherd out.

Posted by Gemmill on October 24, 2006 9:17 AM"

Gemma take the board wars national. tongue.gif

:cool:

Guest Geordiesned
Great article Henry. It sums up exactly my feelings and the shambles that Shepherd has presided over. It is criminal the way he has destroyed our club all the while reaping huge personal rewards. I, like the vast majority of Newcastle fans, despise this man and pray and hope that he sells up soon; which is after all the only way we will be rid of this clown.

Posted by Sned on October 24, 2006 3:46 PM

:cool:

Crap article as usual.

I can never understand why some people are stupid enough to place so much credence on stuff written by people who don't automatically know more about football than them, they just have a supposed flair for writing about it.

Fact is, Winter knows diddly squat about Newcastle United. Diddly squat.

Credit to Winter that he doesn't seem to be a lying sod like many of his colleagues in the press, but he still writes shite, nevertheless.

Guest Geordiesned

Crap article as usual.

I can never understand why some people are stupid enough to place so much credence on stuff written by people who don't automatically know more about football than them, they just have a supposed flair for writing about it.

Credit to Winter that he doesn't seem to be a lying sod like many of his colleagues in the press, but he still writes shite, nevertheless.

Pot. Kettle. Black. :lol:

Crap article as usual.

Would much rather listen to Winter talking about NUFC than you any day of the week.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Crap article as usual.

wtf?

Crap article as usual.

wtf?

As in Winter never played the game, probably went to a rugby playing school and writes for the tory's very own propaganda paper. Why should we listen to him? What he said that resonated was 'shepherd out'. Everything else in the article is just pure journalism. I do agree with him but i can see why you could think 'fuck off you opportunistic c*nt'

Crap article as usual.

wtf?

As in Winter never played the game, probably went to a rugby playing school and writes for the tory's very own propaganda paper. Why should we listen to him? What he said that resonated was 'shepherd out'. Everything else in the article is just pure journalism. I do agree with him but i can see why you could think '**** off you opportunistic c*nt'

Hadn't really thought of it in that way, more that I see all journalists as liars who will do anything to sell a paper. It's their job, ffs. Beats me why people put them on a pedestal is all I'm saying. Most of them know less than the average fan.

Crap article as usual.

emot-yawn.gif

Crap article as usual.

Would much rather listen to Winter talking about NUFC than you any day of the week.

Hmmm  blueconfused.gif

I'm sure you would, but why would Winter want to talk about me anyway?

A suprisingly reasoned article which will appeal to those who want Shepherd out. He mentions the extortionate salary FS takes without disclosing its purpose. He (by default) praises the Hall legacy without commenting on Douglas Hall.

In short, about what should be expected from the British media, but not from the Telegraph.

As a Board supporter (its allowed) I would have been delighted to read something that justified advocating FS's dissapearance, but sadly just regurgitated pap.

NUFC is a high profile club for various reasons, mostly wrong ones, but I don't recall any in depth änalysis when Spurs poached management, no wringing of hands as Harry Rednap played musical clubs or condemnation as Jose Mourinho proved he can't tell time in English.

We are a current journalistic flavour - live with it.

Crap article as usual.

emot-yawn.gif

Again, Pot. Kettle. Black.

Guest The Fox

You should realise with HTL, if anyone writes an article that questions his hero Freddie, particularly if they do not come from the area, then its rubbish. Nothing rubbish about it, perhaps he would like to highlight the incorrect facts rather than make generalisations

Of course anything HTL posts is well thought out and probably over the head of the rest of us dummies. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif