Poor Portsmouth

Guest michaelfoster

Guest Jungle Barry

I remember Yakubu got "malaria" when he was at portsmouth, apparently it wasn't that at all but something quite nasty in and around the groin area which may or may not have been caught from a sailor on shore leave.

Perhaps Celestine is having the same problem

f*** off Grandad. :lol:

I would just like to make it clear that I am not related to a Jock.  :lol:

:lol: Aye, that'd be right...but rich coming from you when you've single-handedly sired half the population in Dundee.

This isn't meant as one of those "My Dad/Mum/Granddad/Sister/Room-mate/Pet tortoise got x disease, so you're not allowed to talk about it" posts, but someone I (vaguely) know got Malaria and died recently, so for purely foot-in-mouth type reasons it might be wise to hang fire with taking the piss. At least until you know he's not going to pop his clogs, anyway.

On the other hand, if you won't feel bad if he did, then go for it, it doesn't bother me, just thought you might like to know one possible outcome and save yourself some feelings of regret if it happened. :dontknow:

This isn't meant as one of those "My Dad/Mum/Granddad/Sister/Room-mate/Pet tortoise got x disease, so you're not allowed to talk about it" posts, but someone I (vaguely) know got Malaria and died recently, so for purely foot-in-mouth type reasons it might be wise to hang fire with taking the piss. At least until you know he's not going to pop his clogs, anyway.

On the other hand, if you won't feel bad if he did, then go for it, it doesn't bother me, just thought you might like to know one possible outcome and save yourself some feelings of regret if it happened. :dontknow:

He's in the Royal Hospital Chelsea, if you want to go and see him on his death bed.

:razz:

Ever taken malaria tablets? The side effects can be pretty hard core.

"Can be" as in one in a thousand? I've taken Malaria tablets and there was no problem at all. I would have thought any side effects weren't as bad as catching Malaria.

You'd think club doctors would insist that players took these obvious precautions.