Anyone signing this week?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seb Larsson

your never going to convinve me that he can help us break into the top ten.  Was OKAY at Brum last year, and couldn't break into a fairly shocking Sweden squad at the euros.  We'll see though

His freekicks and corners alone would get us at least another 10 goals a season as his delivery is so superb and we have some dangerous finishers who would really appreciate a quality delivery into the box every now and then.

Someone might feel he was just okay at Birmingham but that was Birmingham though, a pretty ordinary team. It's hard for players who try to play quality football to really shine in such teams. Put the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka around him and I would imagine he would look a lot better. I think this is something we ought to remember.

absolutely, if Solano/Laurent taught us anything it's that a good option for deliveries is like having an extra man on the field, despite flaws in other aspects of that man's game

Speaking of Laurent...I was watching a video of him on youtube. He was absolutely immense for us at times, and I just wish he was more consistant. He would be worth having back just to show the rest how to take a corner or a free-kick. Get him as coach... :razz:

Seb Larsson

your never going to convinve me that he can help us break into the top ten.  Was OKAY at Brum last year, and couldn't break into a fairly shocking Sweden squad at the euros.  We'll see though

His freekicks and corners alone would get us at least another 10 goals a season as his delivery is so superb and we have some dangerous finishers who would really appreciate a quality delivery into the box every now and then.

Someone might feel he was just okay at Birmingham but that was Birmingham though, a pretty ordinary team. It's hard for players who try to play quality football to really shine in such teams. Put the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka around him and I would imagine he would look a lot better. I think this is something we ought to remember.

absolutely, if Solano/Laurent taught us anything it's that a good option for deliveries is like having an extra man on the field, despite flaws in other aspects of that man's game

Speaking of Laurent...I was watching a video of him on youtube. He was absolutely immense for us at times, and I just wish he was more consistant. He would be worth having back just to show the rest how to take a corner or a free-kick. Get him as coach... :razz:

I would urge anyone in doubt over Robert's influence to watch the 03-04 season highlights, unbelievable he was. 12 goals, god knows how many assists. Very consistent that season, but we know who and what happened next, c***

I also think the Barry, Bentley, Berbatov, Adebayor and Hleb moves, which seem to be drawing closer, could also set off a chain reaction of transfers as players will become available as these people move clubs.

Agree with that like, how long has the Barry situation been going on now?

Seb Larsson

Break into the top ten? I'd be bitterly disappointed if we didn't do that with no signings whatsoever, tbh. Last season was an utter abortion and we were only six points off. And four were gifted to Derby County.

Guest neesy111

Seb Larsson

Break into the top ten? I'd be bitterly disappointed if we didn't do that with no signings whatsoever, tbh. Last season was an utter abortion and we were only six points off. And four were gifted to Derby County.

yeah thts my thoughts exactly, we went 3 months with out a win ffs, if we won 4 of those games thats another 10-12 points, which would of put us well into the top 10

this does not count the 5 points we dropped v derby

with the squad now top 8 is achievable especially not being in europe as well

Seb Larsson

aye, and the say the league is better in 2008, if we played like that in 2003 we'd be down, no doubt in my mind. 10th is hardly miles away

Seb Larsson

To be fair, 99% of his corners were absolute trash.

Seb Larsson

at least 10% of his corners led to goals, fact

Seb Larsson

Putting "fact" at the end of the sentence doesn't actually make it fact. Nice try though.

Guest neesy111

Seb Larsson

Putting "fact" at the end of the sentence doesn't actually make it fact. Nice try though.

the fact that he in 2 of his 4 seasons had more assists than our whole team last season, shows the shambles of the quality in our midfield

Seb Larsson

the fact that he in 2 of his 4 seasons had more assists than our whole team last season, shows the shambles of the quality in our midfield

Absolutely. I loved Robert, and we've missed him big time. All I'm saying is that his corners were frustrating at best.

Guest neesy111

Seb Larsson

Absolutely. I loved Robert, and we've missed him big time. All I'm saying is that his corners were frustrating at best.

still a whole lot better than Geremi's.  Can anyone remember the last time we scored from a corner??

still a whole lot better than Geremi's.  Can anyone remember the last time we scored from a corner??

Better than Emre's too.

Didn't Beye score from a corner this season? :D

Faye against ManU? Was a corner, wasn't it?!?!

Better than Emre's too.

And Cacapa from a corner

Better than Emre's too.

And Cacapa from a corner

What really worried me about our corners last season was how often they led to a quick attack on our goal, starting with Bolton away

Seb Larsson

look it up mate

A mate of mine knows a fella who works for Chelsea (on the player contracts side of things) and he was saying that all it takes is one big transfer to set the ball rolling. Because most transfer deals are paid in installments, loads of teams effectively owe each other money and most deals are actually offset against that money already owed. This then frees up capacity for more deals to happen elsewhere.

He explained it much better than that.

A mate of mine knows a fella who works for Chelsea (on the player contracts side of things) and he was saying that all it takes is one big transfer to set the ball rolling. Because most transfer deals are paid in installments, loads of teams effectively owe each other money and most deals are actually offset against that money already owed. This then frees up capacity for more deals to happen elsewhere.

He explained it much better than that.

So basically there is not enough hard cash flowing within the football transfer system then until some club/some one pumps in hard cash to kick start the transfers !!!!!!!!

Seb Larsson

Was only down to Lagerbäck who opted for his older players all over the pitch. Should have started ahead of Alexandersson and Elmander. Larsson would be a good signing, was more than "okay" at Birmingham last season.. but don't know if we need him? Beye at RB and Gutierrez/Milner/Geremi at RM...

Seb Larsson

Was only down to Lagerbäck who opted for his older players all over the pitch. Should have started ahead of Alexandersson and Elmander. Larsson would be a good signing, was more than "okay" at Birmingham last season.. but don't know if we need him? Beye at RB and Gutierrez/Milner/Geremi at RM...

Geremi is never a winger, ever. And Gutierrez is just as apt on the left as he is on the right. But tbh, as a lot of people have said - particularly as the Guthrie signing came about - it's not like we 'need' them for the first team; it's about having a squad with good depth.

Seb Larsson

Seb is arguably the best winger in Sweden, only reason he didn't play was because he's not "experienced" enough. I said that this would be the case before the Euros, even though he impressed all of Sweden with his pre-tournament friendlies.

I'm still not sure we "need" him though, there are certainly more important gaps for us to fill. That said, for a decent fee, I would be happy with Larsson, as he's versatile, technically gifted, young and would bring the same positive attitude as Guthrie. 

Seb Larsson

Geremi is never a winger, ever. And Gutierrez is just as apt on the left as he is on the right. But tbh, as a lot of people have said - particularly as the Guthrie signing came about - it's not like we 'need' them for the first team; it's about having a squad with good depth.

this

plus the fact he's better than Milner. He'd be our best winger if he came here

Seb Larsson

this

I think you should reserve that comment until we've seen Spiderman. :pow:

Seb Larsson

this

I think you should reserve that comment until we've seen Spiderman. :pow:

that's insane! for a very costly second i forgot we had Spiderman, ridiculous in itself because my dad is going to be his kit sponsor this season