Anyone signing this week?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seb Larsson

your never going to convinve me that he can help us break into the top ten.  Was OKAY at Brum last year, and couldn't break into a fairly shocking Sweden squad at the euros.  We'll see though

Was only down to Lagerbäck who opted for his older players all over the pitch. Should have started ahead of Alexandersson and Elmander. Larsson would be a good signing, was more than "okay" at Birmingham last season.. but don't know if we need him? Beye at RB and Gutierrez/Milner/Geremi at RM...

Geremi is never a winger, ever. And Gutierrez is just as apt on the left as he is on the right. But tbh, as a lot of people have said - particularly as the Guthrie signing came about - it's not like we 'need' them for the first team; it's about having a squad with good depth.

this

plus the fact he's better than Milner. He'd be our best winger if he came here

I think you should reserve that comment until we've seen Spiderman. :pow:

that's insane for a very costly second i forgot we had Spiderman, ridiculous in itself because my dad is going to be his kit sponsor this season

Eh?

Seb Larsson

your never going to convinve me that he can help us break into the top ten.  Was OKAY at Brum last year, and couldn't break into a fairly shocking Sweden squad at the euros.  We'll see though

Was only down to Lagerbäck who opted for his older players all over the pitch. Should have started ahead of Alexandersson and Elmander. Larsson would be a good signing, was more than "okay" at Birmingham last season.. but don't know if we need him? Beye at RB and Gutierrez/Milner/Geremi at RM...

Geremi is never a winger, ever. And Gutierrez is just as apt on the left as he is on the right. But tbh, as a lot of people have said - particularly as the Guthrie signing came about - it's not like we 'need' them for the first team; it's about having a squad with good depth.

this

that's insane for a very costly second i forgot we had Spiderman, ridiculous in itself because my dad is going to be his kit sponsor this season

Eh?

?

Seb Larsson

this

Eh?

?

Mr Northern Rock?

basically, every player is sponsored by a company or whatever. Before every game you'll hear today's guests are so and so's kit sponsor etc

my dad is MD of Mott Macdonald who sponsored Shola last 3 years  :doh: and Bramble 2 years before that  :doh: :coolsmiley:.  He has the choice of either Duff, Spiderman or Harper this season. He was gonna go with Harps but I think I convinced him to go with Spiderman a couple of nights back.

basically, every player is sponsored by a company or whatever. Before every game you'll hear today's guests are so and so's kit sponsor etc

my dad is MD of Mott Macdonald who sponsored Shola last 3 years and Bramble 2 years before that  :doh:. He has the choice of either Duff, Spiderman or Harper this season. He was gonna go with Harps but I think I convinced him to go with Spiderman a couple of nights back.

Well looks like your dad's just gone and jinxed another player, thanks very much :)

my dad is MD of Mott Macdonald who sponsored Shola last 3 years  :doh: and Bramble 2 years before that  :doh: :coolsmiley:.  He has the choice of either Duff, Spiderman or Harper this season. He was gonna go with Harps but I think I convinced him to go with Spiderman a couple of nights back.

£3.50 for Bramble, so how much was Shola?

Guest 22bnw

The powers that be have set up the club to beable to identify and secure players for the club - if it doesn't work then they've wasted their time and their new structure is useless. Therefore I trust that we will bring all the players we need into the club this summer - I'm sure they know what they are doing.

Guest stjamestoon

Will we make it three signings in three weeks? :indi:

I wonder why has there been no photos for the press or anything yet? Hopefully we're waiting to present a few at once. ;)

Does anyone seriously think that we are going to sign anyone half decent..we all moaned at Mr Shepherd but at least he brought in some big-ish names. Mr Ashley doesnt seem to want any part of us so does anyone think he is going to splash the cash? I mean so far we have signed two unknowns....Who is seriously going to want to sign for us when teams like west ham mancity pompy everton are all as good if not better than us , in a better position with similar chances of suceeding.

Are we all a little too expectant of a big name? Can't see it personally.

I wonder why has there been no photos for the press or anything yet? Hopefully we're waiting to present a few at once. ;)

Does anyone seriously think that we are going to sign anyone half decent..we all moaned at Mr Shepherd but at least he brought in some big-ish names. Mr Ashley doesnt seem to want any part of us so does anyone think he is going to splash the cash? I mean so far we have signed two unknowns....Who is seriously going to want to sign for us when teams like west ham mancity pompy everton are all as good if not better than us , in a better position with similar chances of suceeding.

oh dear :doh:

Oh God, another one.

What someone realistic?

Man City, Pompey, Villa, Everton etc have one thing that we can't offer, and that's Europe. Yeah, it's a big loss, and it'll become very much a detrimental thing to the club's progress and player recuritment if we don't get back into Europe soon - but at the moment, Newcastle United is still an attractive proposition for incoming players.

As for them being much better sides and all that - it's a new season and a clean slate. Our first team isn't streets away from their's, squad depth maybe, but not first team.

And besides, i think we can get by without big names tbh. We did do under Bobby. Who was the biggest name we signed? Bellamy? Maybe? :undecided: I personally hadn't even heard of Robert either. There's something more natural about unearthing your own gems, like Bobby and Keegan did. Someone who becomes something at Newcastle, not someone who's made it elsewhere. Man City can keep their Ronaldinhos iyam.

If I'm not mistaken, Keegan said 10 days ago that we'd have something to talk about in 10 days. So I was expecting something today. But apparently, he was speaking of Berbatov to Man Ure.

Danny Guthrie man !!

The bit in bold I agree with, the rest is rubbish.

The bit in bold I agree with, the rest is rubbish.

He would actually have a decent talking point if he stuck to the: "There's no real evidence that  Ashley is prepared to spend" bit and not indulge in the overly negative crap surrounding it.

People like this give us pessimists a bad name ;)

If I'm not mistaken, Keegan said 10 days ago that we'd have something to talk about in 10 days. So I was expecting something today. But apparently, he was speaking of Berbatov to Man Ure.

Danny Guthrie man !!

Well, we've certainly been talking about that. My mistake.

Find it strange people calling Gutierrez an unknown name, maybe to those without the slightest bit of interest in football outside of England he is.

agree

also. why are people so concerned about what Keegan said 10 days ago? surly it was just something that popped out of him. don´t think he meant that we would have got a superstar in our ranks by now. and Jonas and Guthire is for sure something we have discussed :coolsmiley:

Find it strange people calling Gutierrez an unknown name, maybe to those without the slightest bit of interest in football outside of England he is.

agree

also. why are people so concerned about what Keegan said 10 days ago? surly it was just something that popped out of him. don´t think he meant that we would have got a superstar in our ranks by now. and Jonas and Guthire is for sure something we have discussed :coolsmiley:

:thup:

Saw this on the later news, got to say, nothing to get excited about. Literally just said "nothing much to talk about right now, hopefully there'll be more in the next 10 days/2 weeks." He didn't have a sly grin or anything either, best wait and see I guess.

Meant nothing, probably just trying to get the press to fuck off when he was doing something unrelated to NUFC.