Newcastle reserve

ATB

uho :celb:

First NUFC match for the season. let be that it´s just the reserve team.

Line-up etc for the game :pow:

The best player will probably play at Saturday. any thought who that might be.

I'm going to go along tonight, think we'll have a very young side out.

Forster, Taylor, Tozer, Morris, Lough, Danquah, Marwood, Doninger, Ferguson, Donaldson, Godsmark.

:thup:

I'm going to go along tonight, think we'll have a very young side out.

Forster, Taylor, Tozer, Morris, Lough, Danquah, Marwood, Doninger, Ferguson, Donaldson, Godsmark.

:thup:

Nice on, thanks.

It was men against boys in front of Kevin Keegan, Terry Mac, Chris Hughton, Richard Money, Jeff Vetere, Arthur Cox and many more as we lost 6-2!

Ryan Donaldson opening the scoring with a nice finish slid under the 'keeper after a quick free kick but they soon equalized following Fraser Forster dropping a cross under pressure, possibly a foul but when we ball was played back into the mixer Benfield equalised. Benfield then took the lead after Ryan Donaldson gave the ball away with his back to goal on half way but back we came and a good ball from Danquah set Jonny Godsmark away who beat a few men in the box before firing past the Benfield 'keeper. It was soon 3-2 to the home side following another mistake by Fraser Forster, a long ball forward caught him out of position and he was lobbed by the Benfield player, very good finish to be honest, it was soon 4 and 5 following some shocking defending most notably by Callum Morris as we went in to the break 5-2 down. The second half didn't get much better as Benfield increased their lead with a goal past half time substitute Ole Soderberg. One moment of madness nearly saw Benfield score a 7th, Soderberg throwing the ball out only for it to hit Danquah on the back of his leg, Soderberg then picked the ball up but the referee gave a free kick for a back pass, Danquah hasn't even been looking so it certainly wasn't an intentional back pass, Benfield take a quick free kick and the ball is in the back of the net, referee is about to blow his whistle to get the game under way from the centre spot again until he finally notices the linesman on the far side has his flag up for off side!!!

I heard Money talking to Vetere afterwards and he wasn't very happy at all. I also spoke to Robbie Elliott who is now a fitness and conditioning coach and some bloke called Kevin Keegan.

who was the young kid who was introduced to vetere half way through the first. Looked like he was with an agent or something. dark lad with dread locks.

Lualua and edgar were also there

Yeah Edgar had his dog with him!!

I spoke to Keegan briefly, just to wish him all the best really. I was sat next to Hughton, Money and Vetere in the stand during the first half.

What were they saying?

Not an awful lot, that I could here. To be honest, I wasn't paying much attention to them. I was sat there, and these three blokes sat down, then after a while I twigged that they had southern accents and Hughton said something about "we've all been around Football for a long time" and then I realised who they were. But they weren't saying an awful lot, probably deliberately since they were sitting in a public stand.

Second half, I went and stood over the other side of the ground (I often do that, as I go and watch Benfield a fair bit) and I noticed that Hughton was standing with Keegan and Terry Mac.

who was the young kid who was introduced to vetere half way through the first. Looked like he was with an agent or something. dark lad with dread locks.

He did indeed, and he went and got Robbie Elliott and some of the other coaching staff a cup-a-soup from Snack Attack, only there weren't enough cup-a-soups left to go around so I think Elliott did without.

He did indeed, and he went and got Robbie Elliott and some of the other coaching staff a cup-a-soup from Snack Attack, only there weren't enough cup-a-soups left to go around so I think Elliott did without.

You must have been near me, I was stood to the immediate left of our dug out just to the left of Robbie Elliott and Mark Hulse, the two physios had the soup.