Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

It'd be daft to lose a player we want for £700k, but then it'd be daft to just cave in to their demands - especially if the agent is right and they're playing silly buggers about it. We need to strike a balance here, and I hope the failure to land Modric (for one?) tells them this.

Throw in Shola?

Surely we should be trying to get CLOSER to their valuation?

Guest sicko2ndbest

New Quotes - nothing seems imminent

Coloccini Could Walk Out On Depor - Agent

Fabricio Coloccini's agent has stated that the Deportivo defender may unilaterally cancel his contract with the club and walk out to join Newcastle unless a deal can be done.

Marcelo Lombilla has been infuriated by the Galician club's stance over a bid from the Premier League outfit after they raised their asking price once an offer had been made.

According the Argentinian's representative; Depor wanted €12m and he informed Newcastle who then lodged a bid of that amount only for the valuation to to rise to €14m.

"(Depor president Augusto) Lendoiro needs to come and say what he means. One day he says a million will be enough, ubt you know that means a million and a half, for sure," Lombilla told AS.

"For Coloccini is awful that he may miss out on the contract of his life."

If no deal can be reached in the next few days, then Lombilla believes that the player will be left with no choice but to invoke Article 17 of FIFA's regulations and walk out.

"We do not want to do that, but they are pushing us very close to the edge," the agent added.

Coloccini has been left out of the club's trip to Venezuela in order to stay behind and negotiate his next move and a deal could now be sealed this week.

Coach Miguel Ángel Lotina was said to be infuriated that the defender could leave, but has received assurances that he will be able to spend the fee on new players.

"There are various players that we could look at, but the ones we like most do not play in Spain," he said. "We have a few ideas, but we will have to wait and see if Coloccini's move is confirmed or not first."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

His agent has given an ultimatum to Lendoiro, that he agrees to the 11+1 million € deal or that he goes to FIFA and invokes article 17, he has given him until the first of august (Friday). A four year deal has been agreed between player and Newcastle subject to the deal going through.

"My responisbility is to the player, not to the club nor to the president"

Guest sicko2ndbest

What suprises me about this is who has received the bids. I thought the bid was issued to the club and they then accepted it or not. Why has the bid been put to the agent?

I know agents nogotiate wages and fees before the bid is accepted these days to speed the transfer up. But why havnt we gone straight to Depor. It does seem as though we are attempting to be a bit underhand

Sounds promising, if indeed he is any good. His rep suggests so but i have not seen anything like enough of him play live/TV to comment further. Wheres Guillem Balague when you need him?

Guest sicko2ndbest

His agent has given an ultimatum to Lendoiro, that he agrees to the 11+1 million € deal or that he goes to FIFA and invokes article 17, he has given him until the first of august (Friday). A four year deal has been agreed between player and Newcastle subject to the deal going through.

"My responisbility is to the player, not to the club nor to the president"

Dont think their president sounds like the type to takes to threats too kindly

It was the agent who presented the bid to Lendoiro, he was quoted as saying words to that effect...

Apparently Lendoiro had told the agent that if he could negotiate a bid of 10 million the player was free to go, went back on is word and we have the present situation which is also a bit "deja-vu" with the Luque deal...

It'd be daft to lose a player we want for £700k, but then it'd be daft to just cave in to their demands - especially if the agent is right and they're playing silly buggers about it. We need to strike a balance here, and I hope the failure to land Modric (for one?) tells them this.

but it seems like it isn't just £700,000 as when we budge up their chairman seems to do that aswell.

He's a typical argentinian centre back; Tough tackler, good in the air, no fear and can bring the ball out of defence. He's not huge but is very strong and determined, a very consistent performer, doesn't really make any clangers...

The closest comparison I could make would be Vidic from man yoo. Very similar...

Guest Flair

Overall in his career he has scored 16 goals in 216 games. That is better than some of our midfielders and strikers for that matter.

Guest neesy111

i'm hoping that with coloccini threatening will force depo's hand, into reaching a comprimise, but i wouldn't want us to give in to them as i can't believe if we met there asking price then they put it up

is everyone confident that he wants to come though, that's a positive step?

Guest neesy111

Heard a little bit of info that we've offered him absolutely stupid wages, which kinda goes against what people are claiming re cutting costs.

well, it depends for what players you want

coloccini is top CB and would instantly be our first choice defender, but offering stupid wages for squad players, thats something different

Heard a little bit of info that we've offered him absolutely stupid wages, which kinda goes against what people are claiming re cutting costs.

coloccini is top CB and would instantly be our first choice defender, but offering stupid wages for squad players, thats something different

Well let's just say it's more than what we're "reportedly" offering Owen.

Guest Flair

Very much doubt that.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Very much doubt that.

no chance!

Guest Flair

Shut the duck up.  ;D

Guest sicko2ndbest

"reportedly" is in quotes, because that amount is bollocks too. ;)

Your quacking up if you believe he will be on more than Owen

for ducks sake

Sounds like the deal is pretty close. Deportivo are probably stalling in the hope some other team comes in like Spurs (as usual). If Coloccini is sold on the idea of coming here now - and he might well be with Spidey recently signing - this should go through IMO.