Sunday Gossip

Thespence

Guest neesy111

diouf having a medical at sunderland lol according to the bbc

they are signing some s*** players lyk

I think your the one talking s*** lyk.

Diouf is a player i actually woudnt mind seeing in a black and white shirt. Has a lot of flair, is good on the dribble and can terrorize other defenses at times. For 2,5 mill, we should be in there battling for him, mos def.

terrorize defences, fuck off, he couldn't hit a barn door last season ffs, the fact that only sunderland went in for him tells it own story

Guest neesy111

Moutinho will end up joining Everton, gutted but no we will get him..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/07/27/newcastle-season-tickets-sales-slump-as-toon-crisis-deepens-115875-20673758/

Newcastle season tickets sales slump as Toon crisis deepens

Mirror.co.uk, UK - 47 minutes ago

By Brian Mcnally, sundaymirror.co.uk 27/07/2008 The cloud of uncertainty hanging over Kevin Keegan has badly hit Newcastle United season ticket sales for ...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=104191

Newcastle boss Keegan: Milner, N'Zogbia staying

Tribalfootball.com, Australia - 28 minutes ago

Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan insists both James Milner and Charles N'Zogbia want to stay. "That's just speculation. None of those players have come to ...

we will be playing in front of 40,000 - 45,000 max next season, ashley needs to start putting more money in, or he could lose the lot

Why do people have this delusion that Ashley is just sitting around waiting to "open his cheque book" and if he did that players would fly through the door  Not signing a new player recently does not mean Ashley's making no money available..  No matter how much money is available we still need teams to accept bids for the players we want and then convince them to come here, its not a case of "right Kev there's £50 million I want to see three top players at the club by tomorrow".

If the rumours are true about Colloccini, we should all be very happy. Haven't seen the bloke put a foot wrong last season, a 100% player who is very consistent, and consistently Good!!

P.S. Favourite Spanish team is Depor (Noisiest fans by a long way)

Guest Flair

Why do people have this delusion that Ashley is just sitting around waiting to "open his cheque book" and if he did that players would fly through the door  Not signing a new player recently does not mean Ashley's making no money available..

:lol:

Guest neesy111

Why do people have this delusion that Ashley is just sitting around waiting to "open his cheque book" and if he did that players would fly through the door  Not signing a new player recently does not mean Ashley's making no money available..  No matter how much money is available we still need teams to accept bids for the players we want and then convince them to come here, its not a case of "right Kev there's £50 million I want to see three top players at the club by tomorrow".

it's because we have a very small squad, we should of bought players in before selling the likes of emre and rozehnal

i'm starting to get worried now, remember the fact that there will probs be 10,000 less season ticket holders mean's the club has even less money

the problem still lie's back to the high earners at the club, duff, smith etc, they are taking around 10 million a year in wages and do fuck all for the first team

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/07/27/newcastle-season-tickets-sales-slump-as-toon-crisis-deepens-115875-20673758/

By Brian Mcnally, sundaymirror.co.uk 27/07/2008 The cloud of uncertainty hanging over Kevin Keegan has badly hit Newcastle United season ticket sales for ...

Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan insists both James Milner and Charles N'Zogbia want to stay. "That's just speculation. None of those players have come to ...

we will be playing in front of 40,000 - 45,000 max next season, ashley needs to start putting more money in, or he could lose the lot

Firstly that's a "article" in the mirror, I think I've said enough there :)

But if its anywhere near true then on the positive side that means I'll be able to get to games whenever I want :thup:

If the rumours are true about Colloccini, we should all be very happy. Haven't seen the bloke put a foot wrong last season, a 100% player who is very consistent, and consistently Good!!

P.S. Favourite Spanish team is Depor (Noisiest fans by a long way)

I hope he's tougher than Luque.

Guest neesy111

Firstly that's a "article" in the mirror, I think I've said enough there :)

But if its anywhere near true then on the positive side that means I'll be able to get to games whenever I want :thup:

i wouldn't trust the mirror, but i know load's who haven't renewed, my dad after 22 years hasn't, had enough of paying stupid amounts to watch shit, stupid kick off times

i wouldn't of got 1 if i had to pay for it, simply not worth the hassle now

apparently quite a few have said there main reason was about barton, hopefully this will force the club to sell the shit

I think its a case of both players not wanting to come here and Ashley not being willing to blow fortunes on a player, if we do not meet the fee wanted by a club then thats that, if a player does not want to come here then that is also that.

All that though will not stop Keegan feeling like he is not being backed by the board, all this about 80 to 100 mill being spent blah blah blah, its not looking good mind we have a very very poor thing squad and if he wants us to win things then he HAS to give Kk the money to spend.

it's because we have a very small squad, we should of bought players in before selling the likes of emre and rozehnal

i'm starting to get worried now, remember the fact that there will probs be 10,000 less season ticket holders mean's the club has even less money

the problem still lie's back to the high earners at the club, duff, smith etc, they are taking around 10 million a year in wages and do f*** all for the first team

What's that got to do with making money available though?  Also to be honest losing the likes of Emre and Rozenhal leaves us needing just as many new players as before they left considering Rozenhal was out on loan and Emre never played.

Guest neesy111

the problem still lie's back to the high earners at the club, duff, smith etc, they are taking around 10 million a year in wages and do f*** all for the first team

What's that got to do with making money available though?  Also to be honest losing the likes of Emre and Rozenhal leaves us needing just as many new players as before they left considering Rozenhal was out on loan and Emre never played.

well there is money there, if there wasn't keegan would be out in shot

yes, but there we're still our players, so we could of used them next season, we got rid of another 5 players as well, even though i wouldn't of had them in the first team, they could be used for when injuries happen

i hope the club isn't banking on clubs to reduce their transfer terms when the end of the window happens, risky business

I think its a case of both players not wanting to come here and Ashley not being willing to blow fortunes on a player, if we do not meet the fee wanted by a club then thats that, if a player does not want to come here then that is also that.

All that though will not stop Keegan feeling like he is not being backed by the board, all this about 80 to 100 mill being spent blah blah blah, its not looking good mind we have a very very poor thing squad and if he wants us to win things then he HAS to give Kk the money to spend.

Who says he hasn't given him the money to spend?  Have we not had a 7 million bid for Aimar recently?, £16 million for Modric, £9 million for Woodgate and of course whatever its cost us to sign Guthrie and Jonas as well as numerous unconfirmed bids for players.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but I can see a big factor in season tickets sales dropping (if that's correct) is the membership scheme.

Plenty of people would be happy to pick which games they want to go to if they were guaranteed a ticket rather than committing to the lot in one go, even if it did work out cheaper per game.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but I can see a big factor in season tickets sales dropping (if that's correct) is the membership scheme.

Plenty of people would be happy to pick which games they want to go to if they were guaranteed a ticket rather than committing to the lot in one go, even if it did work out cheaper per game.

Touché.

Guest neesy111

my dad is gonna pick his games

i hate all these stupid kick-off times, sky have ruined the premiership now, but thats a different topic altogether

Who says he hasn't given him the money to spend?  Have we not had a 7 million bid for Aimar recently?, £16 million for Modric, £9 million for Woodgate and of course whatever its cost us to sign Guthrie and Jonas as well as numerous other unconfirmed bids for players.

This may be a case of we will offer 9mill even though the club asked for 15mill, we can look like we are making bids when we know fine well our offer will not be accepted. Making bids is not spending money, signing players thats spending the dosh. Yeah okay we should not be held to ransom by other clubs over players just because we have lots of cash, but on the other hand we need players and if you want a player a club wants to keep then they have the final say on the rpice. Beggers cannot be choosers and very soon we are going to end up begging clubs for players.

yes, but there we're still our players, so we could of used them next season, we got rid of another 5 players as well, even though i wouldn't of had them in the first team, they could be used for when injuries happen

i hope the club isn't banking on clubs to reduce their transfer terms when the end of the window happens, risky business

Rozehnal was a player we could have used as backup yes, but he obviously wasn't happy with that role.  Emre we couldn't have used next season because the man either can't or didn't want to play for us, he made 8 starts last season... 8!!

Guest Heneage

i hate all these stupid kick-off times, sky have ruined the premiership now, but thats a different topic altogether

Its annoying for me especially as I steward, the amount of times I went from nice 3pm onsaturday to 1 on Sunday was un-real.

Guest neesy111

Rozehnal was a player we could have used as backup yes, but he obviously wasn't happy with that role.  Emre we couldn't have used next season because the man either can't or didn't want to play for us, he made 8 starts last season... 8!!

well it depend's what positions do you think we need FIRST TEAM players for, we have imo a very decent first team, but we need backup as there's hardly none?

we need at least 2 more defenders, a playmaker and a striker imo

how many do you think?

Guest neesy111

Its annoying for me especially as I steward, the amount of times I went from nice 3pm onsaturday to 1 on Sunday was un-real.

yeah well i'm a student, so i need to work P/T but gonna have to find a very flexible job, if i can get to most games next season

Who says he hasn't given him the money to spend?  Have we not had a 7 million bid for Aimar recently?, £16 million for Modric, £9 million for Woodgate and of course whatever its cost us to sign Guthrie and Jonas as well as numerous other unconfirmed bids for players.

This may be a case of we will offer 9mill even though the club asked for 15mill, we can look like we are making bids when we know fine well our offer will not be accepted. Making bids is not spending money, signing players thats spending the dosh. Yeah okay we should not be held to ransom by other clubs over players just because we have lots of cash, but on the other hand we need players and if you want a player a club wats to keep then they have the final say.

Lets not start with the pretendy bid conspiracy theories..  Our bids for Woodgate, Modric and Aimar were accepted and while others weren't they were all genuine bids, there's no point in making them otherwise.  Especially when we've done all we can to keep our transfer business private.

BTW my point is money being available to spend and actually spending it are not the same thing..  Unless you go out and blow it for no reason other then to prove its there.. which is completely pointless.  That's why it grinds on me when people keep harping on about Ashley needing to make money available soon, as if the hold up in transfer business is because Ashley's looking down the couch for his cheque book..

well it depend's what positions do you think we need FIRST TEAM players for, we have imo a very decent first team, but we need backup as there's hardly none?

we need at least 2 more defenders, a playmaker and a striker imo

how many do you think?

Given, Harper, Krul, Forster

Beye, Top level CB, Faye, Taylor, Cacapa, Bassong, Enrique, Tozer, Kadar

Gutierrez, Guthrie, Butt, Barton, Milner, Geremi, N'Zogbia, Duff

Owen, Viduka, Martins, Promising target man, Smith, Ameobi.

The above should be more than adequate in my opinion.

This may be a case of we will offer 9mill even though the club asked for 15mill, we can look like we are making bids when we know fine well our offer will not be accepted. Making bids is not spending money, signing players thats spending the dosh. Yeah okay we should not be held to ransom by other clubs over players just because we have lots of cash, but on the other hand we need players and if you want a player a club wats to keep then they have the final say.

Oh common lets not get silly with this pretendy bid conspiracy theory..  Our bids for Woodgate, Modric and Aimar were accepted and while others weren't they were all genuine bids, there's no point in making them otherwise.

BTW my point is spending money and making money available are too very different things.  Money being made available does not equal all that money being spent unless you go out and blow it for no reason other then to prove its there.. which is completely pointless.

The fact is we are desperate for players and we are DESPERATE  can be called nothing else, if we go into the season with the squad we have now we are in big trouble and the January transfer window will come to late. I am not saying its easy to sign players, even with an offer being accepted I know its tough but it does not change the fact that there is a definite lack of players coming in.

Players like Arshevin and Turan are two players we should have had deals done for before the Euro's but we pissed about and now we have no hope of getting them,  its that kind of lack luster action thats fks me off the most.

Oh common lets not get silly with this pretendy bid conspiracy theory..  Our bids for Woodgate, Modric and Aimar were accepted and while others weren't they were all genuine bids, there's no point in making them otherwise.

BTW my point is spending money and making money available are too very different things.  Money being made available does not equal all that money being spent unless you go out and blow it for no reason other then to prove its there.. which is completely pointless.

The fact is we are desperate for players and we are DESPERATE  can be called nothing else, if we go into the season with the squad we have now we are in big trouble and the January transfer window will come to late. I am not saying its easy to sign players, even with an offer being accepted I know its tough but it does not change the fact that there is a definite lack of players coming in.

Players like Arshevin and Turan are two players we should have had deals done for before the Euro's but we pissed about and now we have no hope of getting them,  its that kind of lack luster action thats fks me off the most.

Pretty sure we'll get some players in, it's the quality that is more the worry.