Newcastle TV subscription service

James

Guest toonlass

Has the bloke who does the commentary for this got the most boring voice in the world? Its even more boring than the priest in Father Ted with the boring voice in the "lingerie section" episode. Jeez!

Guest Anth.Nufc

Anyone help... i paid for a subscription to watch the match against valencia i paid £17.99 i now cant log in i have this message:

09 Aug 2008 09 Aug 2008 Newcastle TV Special Offer, Followed By Annual Repeating Subscription £17.99 09 Aug 2009 Cancelled

Its still has my details and its still lets my click on 'my account'

Yet i never cancelled it im yet to check my bank account to see if the money has been taken :dontknow:

Guest Coubury

the presenter does go a bit overboard with the geordie accent like, joanass goooteeerez come to the diary room...

Its more like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanas lol

did someone not say he used to come on here..

• 1 year later...

Bah, I signed up for this last year at £17.99 and just got a charge to my debit card for £39.99 for this year.  No email no nothing.  I feel ripped off to be honest. 

Anyone ever managed to get refunded for this sort of thing?

Fortunately the card I paid with expired after I signed up last year so I didn't have it automatically taken off. I'm kinda reluctant to pay for it while MA is running things, but feel like I'm biting my nose off to spite my face because I really want to watch extended match/reserve highlights.

You probably should have checked the terms of the offer mate.

I am sure I did, but regardless it's a crappy practice this auto renew malarky.  At least an email telling me the new rate would have given me a chance to make a decision or not.  To just take a payment a year later is not exactly fair to be honest.

Bah, I signed up for this last year at £17.99 and just got a charge to my debit card for £39.99 for this year.  No email no nothing.  I feel ripped off to be honest. 

Anyone ever managed to get refunded for this sort of thing?

I signed up the season it was 12 pounds and at the end of that year got charged 40£. however they were only doing it for 17.99 for last season so I sent an email and got the difference back.

So unless they are doing it cheap again this year, nae luck. :)

In fact it says right there on the buy screen:

Annual Pass

12 months access for £17.99, followed by £39.99 annual rolling subscription unless cancelled.

Of course it does, I am not disputing that.  Even an email telling me that it was about to expire would have been enough.  That policy is designed to get people to forget so they can take your cash.  It is not on really.  I guess the trick is to pay and then immediately cancel.

Tried to contact them using the form on the website and

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

<[email protected]>

(reason: 550 5.1.1 Recipient not recognized: [email protected])

----- Transcript of session follows -----

... while talking to mx261.emailfiltering.com.:

>>> RCPT To:<[email protected]>

<<< 550 5.1.1 Recipient not recognized: [email protected]

550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>... User unknown

Nice one.  Sent one off to premiumtv instead.

I would be happy with paying £17.99 to be honest but £39.99 is too much. 

Plus there are no terms and conditions anywhere to be found that I can see.