Best Player from the current squad

EthiGeordie

Given is our best player. The only player in our squad who would get in/near a Premiership XI in my opinion, although some on here will disagree.

Outfield its a tough choice, but it would be Milner for me followed by Martins/Owen/Faye/Beye/Zoggy.  If we play to Martins strengths this year he/we should have a decent year. Martins has everything it takes to be a brilliant player, he just needs to find some consistancy, which Keegan can help him find.

Given is our best player. The only player in our squad who would get in/near a Premiership XI in my opinion, although some on here will disagree.

On last years form Given isn't even our best keeper never mind being the best in the Prem.

Every time I think of Given last season, I think of that goal at Middlesborough and how he watched it floating over the top of him without moving. It was blatantly going in, blatantly!

He probably signalled to the bench after that, he did that loads. Unlike the bionic Harper.

Just hope Given is back to something of his old self this season, I'd hate to see a player dedicating so much of his career to us fall so far so fast in quality.

Yeah Owen.

Martins nowhere near, he's too inconsistent.

Yes, in his striker's role, AND as our most valuable asset, there is no doubt that Owen is currently the club's best player - Martins is nowhere near as important to us..we would have gone down if Owen hadn't been in the side last season and Martins would NOT have kept us up on his own.

Yeah Owen.

Yes, in his striker's role, AND as our most valuable asset, there is no doubt that Owen is currently the club's best player - Martins is nowhere near as important to us..we would have gone down if Owen hadn't been in the side last season and Martins would NOT have kept us up on his own.

yeah, because that didn't happen the previous season..

Yeah Owen.

Yeah, Martins first season saved us big time. 16 goals in all competitions or something?

Yeah Owen.

bang on

Put Owen up front with Smith, he's back to a 1 goal in 4 man

Martins is comfortbaly our most effective player for me and the only one who could realistically get into just about any team

Yeah Owen.

Yeah, Martins first season saved us big time. 16 goals in all competitions or something?

17, not to mention the goals he created for others just by scaring the shit out of the opposition

beye + martin atm. with co-relation with the original question. if we talk about owen then we talk about owen at pool but not current time.

Even last seasons Owen is currently better than Martins. 

owen did look better when martin on his side....

you can quote me on this: if martins stays fit and the rest of the team play anywhere near a decent standard then martins is gonna be fucking immense next season for us

not saying owen won't be, but i think keegan will see in martins everything he needs to tear opposing teams apart - if he can get the midfield to play him into the right areas (as they did at the end of the season) and actually catch up to him to get on the end of his stuff we'll be in business

oh, and a lot of people are conveniently forgetting that it was awfully coincidental that once martins started hitting form so did owen in his AM role - perhaps using the space martins created for him?

Owen and Martins are the best, but both have their flaws which are probabaly the reason why both players are at Newcastle and not somewhere bigger. I'd probably put Coloccini up with those two if/when he signs. of the rest Beye & Viduka and maybe N'Zogbia, Enrique and Faye stand out. haven't seen enough of Jonas to make a judgement. rest of the squad is very average.