Man Utd (A) - Jonas confirmed available!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

when would man u have to sign bebatov/any other striker for them to be able to play against us?

Before the squad has to be submitted, I'd imagine. Dunno when that is, probably tomorrow.

when would man u have to sign bebatov/any other striker for them to be able to play against us?

Used to be 5pm on the Friday before the weekend, made no difference if you played on the Saturday or Sunday. I doubt this has changed. I don't give 2 shits about Berbatov being registered in time, more concenred with whether we'll get Jonas in there.

Berbatov won't be in the squad.  Transfers take time these days, don't they?  This isnt FM, it could be weeks before the mountain of paperwork gets done, and Berbatov sorts out his affairs in London.  FFS, don't be impatient, jesus wept.

LOL, absolutely.

Berbatov won't be in the squad.  Transfers take time these days, don't they?  This isnt FM, it could be weeks before the mountain of paperwork gets done, and Berbatov sorts out his affairs in London.  FFS, don't be impatient, jesus wept.

What's already been done on the deal btw? You seem to be ITK.

If we have the players who are available now minus   owen out as rumoured and the 2 argys not having papers and signed it will be  even more of a up hill battle  and have no confidence in us getting a point  knowing our history down there but things may change but atm i feel fookin annoyed that we go into our first game of the season in such a mess  :-[

If we have the players who are available now minus   owen out as rumoured and the 2 argys not having papers and signed it will be  even more of a up hill battle  and have no confidence in us getting a point  knowing our history down there but things may change but atm i feel fookin annoyed that we go into our first game of the season in such a mess  :-[

Meh. It's Man Utd anyways

Meh. It's Man Utd anyways

Fair enough.  But don't you find it frustrating that the club are taking that attitude too?

Who says the club are taking that attitude? ???  Seems only doom mongers are really taking that attitude, lets all assume Jonas can't play, and Martins won't feature, and Coloccini won't be ready.  Why not imagine Rooney, Nani, Ronaldo, Saha ect are all fit as well then we can really wallow in self pity.

Guest Brazilianbob

So our starting line up at OT will likely be:

Given

Beye

Enrique

Taylor

Cacapa

Butt

Milner

Guthrie

Smith

Duff

N'Zogbia

Man U will stuff us again on Sunday.  I cannot see any other outcome with Cacapa (see Boumsong) and Enrique at the back, and only Smith and Duff up front.

If Ashley really thinks this current squad should be able to challenge for a top four/six place then he is deluded.  Even when the likes of Viduka, Owen, Martins, Collocinni and Guiterrez are able to play, the squad is still shy of at least another 3 or 4 EPL quality players to cover for absences through bookings, injuries and sendings off.

On top of that we have absolutely no creativity.  I am sure Keegan always used to say that a player needs a trick in his repertoire to be able to produce the unexpected.

From what I have seen only Arshavin meets that yardstick as I would liken him to Beardsley if played in the hole behind the striker(s), but how likely is it that we could get him?  Zero chance in my book, even though in my view he would have the same effect on the side that Bellamy had when SBR bought him.

(By the way, I have been incommunicado in a secluded villa in Cyprus for a fortnight and have studiously avoided buying/reading a paper or watching any news programmes, so if Arshavin has already been transferred, that is my excuse.)

Tbf, I think the club is doing everything they can...

We don't know what they are doing so I think its safer to assume they are doing everything wrong, they are doing as little as they possibly can to run a football club and deep down they want us to fail really badly. Mike Ashley only bought the club for a bit of a laugh.

We have not won there for fooking years, hardly a suprise if we loose.  However, I think this is the best time to play them.  Some of thier key players are out (as are ours) and they often start slowly and finish strongly.

If our new boys are available, it will be a massive help.  I would not play Smith at all costs.  Better to play 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 against this loss and hope to hit them on the break.

If available:

Given

Baye  Taylor  Colo  Enrique

Milner Butt  Guthrie

Duff  Jonas  Zoggy

Still some goals in there and they can all get back as and when required (for most of the game I would guess).

Just because we got hammered last time, I think the players and KK will want to put that right this time around. 

If Ashley really thinks this current squad should be able to challenge for a top four/six place then he is deluded.  Even when the likes of Viduka, Owen, Martins, Collocinni and Guiterrez are able to play, the squad is still shy of at least another 3 or 4 EPL quality players to cover for absences through bookings, injuries and sendings off.

from one pov i think be better if we get stuffed 5-0, might wake ashley up that we NEEED more signings. its possible hes living inclous cuckoo land about the lvl of our team.

from one pov i think be better if we get stuffed 5-0, might wake ashley up that we NEEED more signings. its possible hes living inclous cuckoo land about the lvl of our team.

They've said there will be more signings stop trying to bring our elation down.