David Healy

Guest BooBoo

Fact is we need a striker better than Shola or Smith willing to sit on the bench. He ticks those boxes.

This is why I'd take him, but only if we have no better options for the 4th striker.  I'm sure there must be a youth striker who is a bit better that could do a good job from the bench for us.

Smith/Ameobi must be sold before the transfer window closes.

Fact is we need a striker better than Shola or Smith willing to sit on the bench. He ticks those boxes.

This is why I'd take him, but only if we have no better options for the 4th striker.  I'm sure there must be a youth striker who is a bit better that could do a good job from the bench for us.

Anyone human that isn't physically retarded is better than Smith and Ameobi, we sell Smith, we then go out and buy a player who's capable of challenging the strikers we already have, if not we may aswell keep the useless bastard.

Anyone human that isn't physically retarded is better than Smith and Ameobi, we sell Smith, we then go out and buy a player who's capable of challenging the strikers we already have, if not we may aswell keep the useless b******.

Can you think of a Striker as good as Oba, Owen or Viduka willing to sit on the bench, its pointless, we'll end with a situation Spurs were in a year back.

Anyone human that isn't physically retarded is better than Smith and Ameobi, we sell Smith, we then go out and buy a player who's capable of challenging the strikers we already have, if not we may aswell keep the useless b******.

Can you think of a Striker as good as Oba, Owen or Viduka willing to sit on the bench, its pointless, we'll end with a situation Spurs were in a year back.

I never said they had to be as good as, I said someone capable of challenging them, I personally think we need another striker on that level anyway, I can't imagine Viduka playing too many games.

I never said they had to be as good as, I said someone capable of challenging them, I personally think we need another striker on that level anyway, I can't imagine Viduka playing too many games.

Same crack though even if someone has the capability of challenging them, he most of a fair bit of ability, he ain't going to want to spend his time sitting on the bench for a mid-table PL club.

But I agree with the Viduka comment, he needs to be replaced preferably. If West Ham weren't after silly money for Ashton he'd be perfect for the job.

Smith - at rock bottom in terms of form/performances/ability, zero contribution to the team and in fact looking like being a negative influence as its like playing with 10 men effectively, would command 2-3 mill, 4 year contract on huge wages left to go. Its highly likely that another season like last and he'd be neither playable nor sellable.

Healy - half decent forward who will chip in with the odd goal, isnt a complete muppet when it comes to the basics in the game, on the face of it would command a low fee (£1m?) and low wages, could probably be moved on very easily once he's served his purpose, and although we dont know for certain, you'd think he wouldnt be bashing the manager's door down if hes not in the starting lineup every other week. And although this is a tad premature, Healy's international record/performances mean he'd be a handy backup player to have if we were facing small but relatively organised European teams in e.g. the UEFA or Intertoto Cup the season after next (which should be our aim and is far from unachievable).

Its a small but certain step forward for me. It'd be nice to sign a young up-n-coming player, but look at our past when we've had injuries and we've thrown promising youngsters in due to an injury crisis on top of having a thin squad. The end result has frequently been them dissappointing or simply looking plain s***. Luis Saha, Guiseppe Rossi and JD Tomasson spring to mind - its not about not having faith in youngsters, but just recognising the circumstances in which it might be better to go for an accomplished, more experienced head who isnt complete dogshit.

Smith - at rock bottom in terms of form/performances/ability, zero contribution to the team and in fact looking like being a negative influence as its like playing with 10 men effectively, would command 2-3 mill, 4 year contract on huge wages left to go. Its highly likely that another season like last and he'd be neither playable nor sellable.

Healy - half decent forward who will chip in with the odd goal, isnt a complete muppet when it comes to the basics in the game, on the face of it would command a low fee (£1m?) and low wages, could probably be moved on very easily once he's served his purpose, and although we dont know for certain, you'd think he wouldnt be bashing the manager's door down if hes not in the starting lineup every other week. And although this is a tad premature, Healy's international record/performances mean he'd be a handy backup player to have if we were facing small but relatively organised European teams in e.g. the UEFA or Intertoto Cup the season after next.

Its a small but certain step forward for me. It'd be nice to sign a young up-n-coming player, but look at our past when we've had injuries and we've thrown promising youngsters in due to an injury crisis on top of having a thin squad. The end result has frequently been them dissappointing or simply looking plain shit. Luis Saha, Guiseppe Rossi and JD Tomasson spring to mind - its not about not having faith in youngsters, but just recognising the circumstances in which it might be better to go for an accomplished, more experienced head who isnt complete dogshit.

I'm more interested in his league form than his international form, after all we don't play internationals. I would be worried at the fact Fulham would be letting him go for 1m mark which would suggest he probably isn't that good enough back up for them, is he really decent? I underestimated how shit Smith really was till I saw him play consistently.

I'm am absolutely gobsmacked by this. How the hell people can jusify this on the basis that he's better than Smith or Ameobi (which in my mind is actually debateable) is beyond me.

Healy ticks none of the boxes, he's too old, never done it at club level as one of the NI lads mentions, he's not the big strong un that we need.

Hopefully Anal is just talking out of his arse again and there's nothing in this, because if we are looking at a player who couldn't get a game for a club who were within 10 mins or so of being relegated last season, then god help us.

Healy - half decent forward who will chip in with the odd goal, isnt a complete muppet when it comes to the basics in the game, on the face of it would command a low fee (£1m?) and low wages, could probably be moved on very easily once he's served his purpose, and although we dont know for certain, you'd think he wouldnt be bashing the manager's door down if hes not in the starting lineup every other week. And although this is a tad premature, Healy's international record/performances mean he'd be a handy backup player to have if we were facing small but relatively organised European teams in e.g. the UEFA or Intertoto Cup the season after next.

Its a small but certain step forward for me. It'd be nice to sign a young up-n-coming player, but look at our past when we've had injuries and we've thrown promising youngsters in due to an injury crisis on top of having a thin squad. The end result has frequently been them dissappointing or simply looking plain s***. Luis Saha, Guiseppe Rossi and JD Tomasson spring to mind - its not about not having faith in youngsters, but just recognising the circumstances in which it might be better to go for an accomplished, more experienced head who isnt complete dogshit.

I'm more interested in his league form than his international form, after all we don't play internationals. I would be worried at the fact Fulham would be letting him go for 1m mark which would suggest he probably isn't that good enough back up for them, is he really decent? I underestimated how s*** Smith really was till I saw him play consistently.

Fair point. We wont really know until he's signed and played games for us - with cheap backup players thats the only way. But the saving grace is that we'd not be lumbered with an expensively purchased mediocre player on a long term, lucrative contract, so if he is shit then its not a massive loss (im assuming we're only interested because we dont have a promising youngster to snap up anywhere, and we arent in the position to sign a first team forward with Owen/Martins/Viduka all on big wages).

As for his international form, granted it doesnt count for much at all with respect to the Premiership, but it does show that he's competent and does have a goal threat without having the touch of a rapist or looking like a clueless donkey. His performances for Fulham weren't that bad either. In short, he's a competent bottom-of-the-league type striker who isnt going to bag 15 goals in the Premiership, but doesnt look like a shit-by-Championship-standards player 99% of the time either.

That's why I'm for it. Even if he's as bad as Smith, we've still made a good financial gain from the swap.

Guest Spark

Anyone human that isn't physically retarded is better than Smith and Ameobi,

This made me laugh quite a bit. I have nothing else to add re: Healy. He's very "meh".

I'm am absolutely gobsmacked by this. How the hell people can jusify this on the basis that he's better than Smith or Ameobi (which in my mind is actually debateable) is beyond me.

Healy ticks none of the boxes, he's too old, never done it at club level as one of the NI lads mentions, he's not the big strong un that we need.

Hopefully Anal is just talking out of his arse again and there's nothing in this, because if we are looking at a player who couldn't get a game for a club who were within 10 mins or so of being relegated last season, then god help us.

this

What the fuck?David Healy your having a laugh!Cant get a game with Fulham why the fuck would we sign him!Would prefer to sign a youngster,whats the point in signing a 29 year old who cant cut in the prem!If Sland were signing him I would be laughing at them!

And this thread proves how deluded our fans have become. I really can't understand how Healy would no be good back in comparison to what we already have. We're trying to push into the top half of the table not the fucking Champions League. Three very good strikers with a experienced handy back would hardly be disastrous now would it.

Actually why not go for Benzema or Guiza because they'd come over and warm our bench wouldn't they (and yes I'm aware Guiza has already moved this summer)?

And this thread proves how deluded our fans have become. I really can't understand how Healy would no be good back in comparison to what we already have. We're trying to push into the top half of the table not the f***ing Champions League. Three very good strikers with a experienced handy back would hardly be disastrous now would it.

Actually why not go for Benzema or Guiza because they'd come over and warm our bench wouldn't they (and yes I'm aware Guiza has already moved this summer)?

Agreed, Healy fits the bill perfectly for 4th striker, hes proven he can score goals on occasion. But only if he is prepared to  be backup and no f***ing  mong who expects first team.

Doubt he'll come though but for the right price i wouldnt mind.

Guest Jungle Barry

Jesus, didn't know he was 29 like.

You never know though, he could end up like Sib/Malcolm Allen/Kevin Gallacher and do a good job

Guest Jungle Barry

hope anal is talking bollocks again.

i'll prepare for the avalanche, but i would prefer us to sign a young up and ocming striker or, if we are not going to do that, go and get emile heskey

Good shout that, better player than he ever gets credit for

i'll prepare for the avalanche, but i would prefer us to sign a young up and ocming striker or, if we are not going to do that, go and get emile heskey

he ticks the box of working well with owen as well, not to menton the fact he would bust a gut to come here

And this thread proves how deluded our fans have become. I really can't understand how Healy would no be good back in comparison to what we already have. We're trying to push into the top half of the table not the f***ing Champions League. Three very good strikers with a experienced handy back would hardly be disastrous now would it.

Agreed, Healy fits the bill perfectly for 4th striker, hes proven he can score goals on occasion. But only if he is prepared to  be backup and no f***ing  mong who expects first team.

LOL, the thing is he's not proven at all, I don't have any facts or figures in front of me right at the mo, but I would bet my bottom dollar that both Smith and Shola have scored more prem goals over their careers than Healy.

Unfortunately our 4th choice striker needs to be of a high standard as because of the appalling injury record of our first choices, he'll get more than his fair share of games. Both Smith and Shola have shown that they are not up to the job, Healy is no better than them, Fulham want shot of him FFS, it's not like he can't get a game at Chelsea or Manure, it's Fulham !!!

Personally I would splurge and make a bid for Kuyt, apparently Liverpool were willing to sell, they are after 16mill, 12 -14 mill might get him. But if that's too rich for us then bring in a prospect like that Swiss lad, that I have no idea how to spell his name.

he ticks the box of working well with owen as well, not to menton the fact he would bust a gut to come here

I qwould prefer a young un, but if we are going for an older guy, Heskey would be my preferance too.

LOL, the thing is he's not proven at all, I don't have any facts or figures in front of me right at the mo, but I would bet my bottom dollar that both Smith and Shola have scored more prem goals over their careers than Healy.

Unfortunately our 4th choice striker needs to be of a high standard as because of the appalling injury record of our first choices, he'll get more than his fair share of games. Both Smith and Shola have shown that they are not up to the job, Healy is no better than them, Fulham want shot of him FFS, it's not like he can't get a game at Chelsea or Manure, it's Fulham !!!

Personally I would splurge and make a bid for Kuyt, apparently Liverpool were willing to sell, they are after 16mill, 12 -14 mill might get him. But if that's too rich for us then bring in a prospect like that Swiss lad, that I have no idea how to spell his name.

Kev: So Dirk as your aware we've agreed a fee for you, before we give your our terms we'd like to hear why you want to join Newcastle.

Kuyt: Well I'm that an ex-manager has been stalking me for many, many years which of course makes me feel oddly warm inside.

Kev: Excellent, so the plan is we're going to stick you on the bench as a 4th choice striker on the off chance Mark or Michael get injured, but I can assure you are new seats are fitted with heaters.

Kuyt: What about the wage?

Kev: Lets say (amount Healy would demand)

Kuyt: Fantastic it's a career ambition to warm the bench for Mark Viduka at a club that are pushing to break into the top ten for a severely reduced wage.

Kev: Welcome aboard.

someone mentioned that Healy is proven.... Since when, he was a flop at Fulham last season. I'll admit he has a top international  record but his league record is dubious. I would actually prefer to keep Alan Smith!