David Healy

Guest BooBoo

And this thread proves how deluded our fans have become. I really can't understand how Healy would no be good back in comparison to what we already have. We're trying to push into the top half of the table not the fucking Champions League. Three very good strikers with a experienced handy back would hardly be disastrous now would it.

Actually why not go for Benzema or Guiza because they'd come over and warm our bench wouldn't they (and yes I'm aware Guiza has already moved this summer)?

Get away man, classic straw man rubbish in your last sentence there.

Not wanting Healy isn't deluded at all. He's proven nothing in the Premier League so far, and is certainly not going to improve much at 29.

Much rather spend the money on someone young and with potential. Even if they end up moving elsewhere at least they'll have some value. In fact I'd rather see our own youngsters given a proper go than bring in the likes of David Healy.

And this thread proves how deluded our fans have become. I really can't understand how Healy would no be good back in comparison to what we already have. We're trying to push into the top half of the table not the f***ing Champions League. Three very good strikers with a experienced handy back would hardly be disastrous now would it.

Actually why not go for Benzema or Guiza because they'd come over and warm our bench wouldn't they (and yes I'm aware Guiza has already moved this summer)?

Get away man, classic straw man rubbish in your last sentence there.

Not wanting Healy isn't deluded at all. He's proven nothing in the Premier League so far, and is certainly not going to improve much at 29.

Much rather spend the money on someone young and with potential. Even if they end up moving elsewhere at least they'll have some value. In fact I'd rather see our own youngsters given a proper go than bring in the likes of David Healy.

Your correct, not wanting Healy isn't deluded, but the notion that anyone above his bracket of class would enjoy growing old on our bench is. Obviously I exaggerated in the last sentence but its what I do best I'm afraid.

The problem is I'm struggling to think of an up and coming striker who would tick all the boxes, that doesn't mean there ain't one, but ideally you'd like someone with experience of the league (someone like Anichebe would be ideal as I've mentioned in countless threads but would he be availble and willing to take the step down).

Again though, the chances are he'll want some guarantee on playing a decent amount of games. Plus we'll have to stump up a fair bit of wedge to get him by the sounds of it.

He'd get a decent number of games though, with Owen and Viduka's inevitable injuries. Enough games to keep him hungry, anyway. And don't forget there'd be the lure of the Premier League.

The money is a fair point, but shifting Smith would surely cover the wages and much of the transfer fee.

I'm not saying Derdiyok is the answer, if truth be told I've seen virtually nothing of him, just pointing out where I'd rather see our time and effort going than someone like Healy.

I get your point. Although Owen and Viduka will get injuries I still think it will be difficult to sell the forth strikers spot to any young lad with ambition. Like you say though we could use the lure of the premier league.

Also the wages don't bother me but in the context of a "back up" striker do you really want to be paying £6 million. Personally it wouldn't bother me, but I can't see KK or Mike biting.

Fact is we need a striker better than Shola or Smith willing to sit on the bench. He ticks those boxes.

This is why I'd take him, but only if we have no better options for the 4th striker.  I'm sure there must be a youth striker who is a bit better that could do a good job from the bench for us.

Smith/Ameobi must be sold before the transfer window closes.

Anyone human that isn't physically retarded is better than Smith and Ameobi, we sell Smith, we then go out and buy a player who's capable of challenging the strikers we already have, if not we may aswell keep the useless b******.

Smith - at rock bottom in terms of form/performances/ability, zero contribution to the team and in fact looking like being a negative influence as its like playing with 10 men effectively, would command 2-3 mill, 4 year contract on huge wages left to go. Its highly likely that another season like last and he'd be neither playable nor sellable.

Healy - half decent forward who will chip in with the odd goal, isnt a complete muppet when it comes to the basics in the game, on the face of it would command a low fee (£1m?) and low wages, could probably be moved on very easily once he's served his purpose, and although we dont know for certain, you'd think he wouldnt be bashing the manager's door down if hes not in the starting lineup every other week. And although this is a tad premature, Healy's international record/performances mean he'd be a handy backup player to have if we were facing small but relatively organised European teams in e.g. the UEFA or Intertoto Cup the season after next (which should be our aim and is far from unachievable).

Its a small but certain step forward for me. It'd be nice to sign a young up-n-coming player, but look at our past when we've had injuries and we've thrown promising youngsters in due to an injury crisis on top of having a thin squad. The end result has frequently been them dissappointing or simply looking plain s***. Luis Saha, Guiseppe Rossi and JD Tomasson spring to mind - its not about not having faith in youngsters, but just recognising the circumstances in which it might be better to go for an accomplished, more experienced head who isnt complete dogshit.

< sigh >

Andy Johnson would have been alright. Oh , he's signed for Fulham for 10m quid, out of our reach.

I think Andy Johnson's rubbish, and Fulham have paid ridiculous money for him - just as Everton did.

Well, the go ahead progressive club Everton, with a good board and a progressive manager, are about to replace him with 2m quid or so Alan Smith ?

mackems.gif

"good business"

Again though, the chances are he'll want some guarantee on playing a decent amount of games. Plus we'll have to stump up a fair bit of wedge to get him by the sounds of it.

Derdiyok was a substitute in the Swiss league not that long ago, he'll cope.

Don't you have an opinion on any of the players in this thread?

Dave, if anyone has a different opinion to you, you can't take it mate.

Try me. What's so good about Andy Johnson? I think his price is over-inflated on the back of his England caps.

What do you think makes him a good player?

There aren't too many young forwards I can think of but then I am not a professional scout. Maybe somebody like Giles Barnes..? I guess he's more an attacking midfield player than a striker who holds the ball up but he's young, got potential and would probably come here and not demand to be a first team regular..

I think Andy Johnson's rubbish, and Fulham have paid ridiculous money for him - just as Everton did.

Well, the go ahead progressive club Everton, with a good board and a progressive manager, are about to replace him with 2m quid or so Alan Smith ?

mackems.gif

"good business"

AJ went for stupid money imo, wouldn't pay more than about £4m for him. That sale was a great bit of business for Everton, but if they replace him with Smithy then they've fucked up as far as I'm concerned.

mackems.gif

"good business"

AJ went for stupid money imo, wouldn't pay more than about £4m for him. That sale was a great bit of business for Everton, but if they replace him with Smithy then they've fucked up as far as I'm concerned.

thats your opinion. Its not the opinion of Roy Hodsgon. Thats the point, and the club have backed their manager to get a player he wants

Replacing him with a player for that amount of money, well, some people have wished we were like Everton [fukc knows why] but they may be about to have their wish. Time will tell.

So why do you think Andy Johnson is a good player? I'm not seeing your reasoning.

thats not for you or me to to say how good a player he is or how Fulhams manager judges him, I'm talking about a principle, which is explained in my reply to MOwen in the other thread . I don't think you will understand the principle because you are too inexperienced in judging football boards etc, like a lot of people.

Now, as you are harping on about people being childish, how about restoring the posts that were childish deleted by Andy, regarding someone editing peoples posts which you appear to be happy with as you agree with his viewpoint, and answering them as they were directed at you by me ?

So why do you think Andy Johnson is a good player? I'm not seeing your reasoning.

thats not for you or me to to say how good a player he is or how Fulhams manager judges him, I'm talking about a principle, which is explained in my reply to MOwen in the other thread . I don't think you will understand the principle because you are too inexperienced in judging football boards etc, like a lot of people.

Now, as you are harping on about people being childish, how about restoring the posts that were childish deleted by Andy, regarding someone editing peoples posts which you agree with as you agree with his view, and answering them as they were directed at you by me ?

I want to talk football. What makes Andy Johnson a good player?