Nile Ranger

stozo

look at what the Preston loan did to Carroll.

AC was s**** for Preston. He was poor in the 1st half the Championship season as he was scud like but then the 2nd half the season his shots on target improved dramatically & along came the goals.

Aye. Stupid post.

"Stupid post" ? My point was simple. when he was at preston he played pretty poor and even had problems with the coaching staff iirc, but it helped open his eyes and when he came back from his loan he came back a better player for us..he learned from his spell out and started improving as a player. same could happen to Ranger.

Wh

I think Pardew/the club are just fed up with the little idiot and want him gone ASAP.

This.

Whilst £1 million is nothing really in football, the club are probably fed up as mentioned, and if we can sign a top notch striker he would be seen as surplus to requirements. I understand if we loan him out it may lead to a better fee, but maybe his influence around the place on academy players is negative. If they areseeing his kind of behaviour at the club but still see him picked before them they may become disgruntled.

AC was s**** for Preston. He was poor in the 1st half the Championship season as he was scud like but then the 2nd half the season his shots on target improved dramatically & along came the goals.

Aye. Stupid post.

"Stupid post" ? My point was simple. when he was at preston he played pretty poor and even had problems with the coaching staff iirc, but it helped open his eyes and when he came back from his loan he came back a better player for us..he learned from his spell out and started improving as a player. same could happen to Ranger.

He got shitter the longer he stayed at Preston. Bernard move to Darlington was a great loan move, AC to Preston was shit & did nothing really.  Not all loan moves work out.

Aye. Stupid post.

He got shitter the longer he stayed at Preston. Bernard move to Darlington was a great loan move, AC to Preston was s*** & did nothing really.  Not all loan moves work out.

He's not making the point that he improved on the field but that he improved off it.

Aye. Stupid post.

He got shitter the longer he stayed at Preston. Bernard move to Darlington was a great loan move, AC to Preston was s*** & did nothing really.  Not all loan moves work out.

He's not making the point that he improved on the field but that he improved off it.

Are we still talking about AC?

As always with these kind of things there is that nagging little doubt of "what if he sorts himself out and starts scoring goals"

He is not being sold because he is a poor player but because he is a twat, will hurt like fk if he go's to QPR and starts scoring goals and we have to suffer with another season of Shola.

As always with these kind of things there is that nagging little doubt of "what if he sorts himself out and starts scoring goals"

He is not being sold because he is a poor player but because he is a t***, will hurt like fk if he go's to QPR and starts scoring goals and we have to suffer with another season of Shola.

Well yeah, but there is a value question to keep in mind as well. Hopefully Pardew has that in mind.

Aye. Stupid post.

He got shitter the longer he stayed at Preston. Bernard move to Darlington was a great loan move, AC to Preston was s*** & did nothing really.  Not all loan moves work out.

Yup. 

Aye. Stupid post.

He got shitter the longer he stayed at Preston. Bernard move to Darlington was a great loan move, AC to Preston was s*** & did nothing really.  Not all loan moves work out.

Yup.  

IF you think AC improved off the field while at Preston then good for you

http://www.hybridcars.com/files/imagecache/article_lead_image/files/graphics/south-park-smug-313.gif

Aye. Stupid post.

Yup. 

IF you think AC improved off the field while at Preston then good for you

http://www.hybridcars.com/files/imagecache/article_lead_image/files/graphics/south-park-smug-313.gif

I'm talking about behaviour that directly relates to his on-field performance.

I'm sure you'll come up with some made-up itk stories about what's going on around the town as you seem to do a lot on here.

Feel free to expand on this

It can't be that hard to work out.  If you can't work it out in a few days I'll just post a picture from a TV show to support my argument.

Feel free to expand on this

It can't be that hard to work out.  If you can't work it out in a few days I'll just post a picture from a TV show to support my argument.

Don't take the huff.

hes probs on a lowish paid contract and is young, thats what the club wants now so to bin him off shows there must be a lot of good reasons to do so.

would be frustrating to see him move on and settle down and do well but think its quick clear thats never going to happen at this club/city.

Aye. Stupid post.

It wasn't a stupid post at all. It quite clearly did him some good. Ronaldo ain't the sharpest on here.

Where is your evidence it did him some good? You have none. Carroll improved as a player because he got games when we dropped down a division. The Carroll at the start and end of that season were like two completely different strikers. Nowt to do with Preston North End.

Carroll was just as shit when he came back from his Preston loan as beforehand. He barely played, was rubbish when he did and overall the loan to Championship football came too early. Really he should have been being loaned out when he was 21, ultimately he didn't need to be because we were relegated and then had to rely on him.

It was the drop down in division and entire season of games at that age which turned him into the player he is now.

Where is your evidence it did him some good? You have none. Carroll improved as a player because he got games when we dropped down a division. The Carroll at the start and end of that season were like two completely different strikers. Nowt to do with Preston North End.

Yeah it is an assumption, but surely if a player goes and plays first team football in a competitive league then it'll will do him good rather than playing youth/reserve team football? I'd be very surprised if the Preston loan spell didn't do him any good, even if the only thing he did realise was that he perhaps wasn't as good as he thought he was and it helped him knuckle down. How many people actually saw him play at PNE, and how many just look at his goal record there and state "he was crap?"

I don't think we can truly point to a single moment and say that's what improved Carroll. We dropped down, he applied himself, and reaped the rewards. It's worth chucking Ranger out on loan purely to give him the games, as he isn't going to get them here. And there's no point leaving him to rot here. But no one can say whether it'll do him the world of good. It's down to Ranger to get his head down and apply himself, and hope that he gets the chance to shine and takes it with both hands. No one expected Carroll's rise, it was a strange and very quick occurance. I don't personally see how we can use him as a benchmark for a player's development.

As wormy says its hard to point to a single moment that changed Carroll.  He went to Preston without a PL goal and came back and a season later had 3 in about 5 starts.

Obviously hundreds of factors come into play but I'm sure dropping down a division, getting roughed up and having to play under more pressure than with the reserves would have helped him at least a little.

As this whole thread is about Ranger I don't see how sending Ranger out for the same would be a bad thing in any way, shape or form.

Carroll is a difficult case.  You have to make all your game plan base on Carroll's ability to make the full use of him.  If you just put him into your squad and hope he can fit in himself well, most likely it would be a disaster.  That's what I observed so far.