Official Serie A Thread

Decky

Starts again this weekend, i know alot on here watch it so i thought if make a thread for it. Would like to see AC do well this season after just missing out last season, too good a club to not be in the CL so top 4 would be nice ;)

Be good if Roma, Juve and Milan could make it a 4-way battle for the title but I think Inter should still prove to have too much strength in depth.

Milan might be helped by not being in the CL.

Hope Udinese do well - my  favoured Italian teams.

it's pretty much common knowledge that this year things will go back to how they were - meaning Juve will be the champion, scoring at least 20 goals from offsides and penalties in extra time..

elsewhere Jose will try his rendition of the Catenaccio and will ultimately fail..

Roma had an amazing opportunity to build upon a good squad, instead they fucked it up big style in the transfer window (again),

Milan will struggle again..

atmosphere at the grounds will get worse.. and that's about it

Can we have a thread about the up coming Bulgarian Premeirship, which I have about as much interest in as this dull and corrupt league.

:iamwithstupid:

I'm supid for having an opinion, go figure.

Can we have a thread about the up coming Bulgarian Premeirship, which I have about as much interest in as this dull and corrupt league.

You don't get it, do you?

ARe you saying you agree with me then, if so sorry  :blush: you are obviously a very intelligent man :)

you are actually spot on, my friend.. bulgarian football is a carbon copy of the Italian league, except in a much smaller scale, of course..

football club owners are mob bosses, referees are corrupt, the FA is corrupt, 90% of the fans are racist morrons.. all in all, very exciting times for football

ARe you saying you agree with me then, if so sorry  :blush: you are obviously a very intelligent man :)

Two times yes :coolsmiley:

I just think you need to have some love for the tactical way of playing in Italy to enjoy it, i can see why people who have just seen the PL through their years,why they dont like it.

Ive been watching both since a lot of years back now, and personally i think both leagues is good in their own ways.

Its all about respecting different leagues for their differences really.

I grew up for a large chunk of my childhood in Spain, I am half Spanish, I used to watch Italian football reguarily when there was nothing but Songs of Praise on a sunday afternoon. And I can tell that neither league can hold a candle to the PL for me. The corruption in the Italian league  over the last few years casts huge  doubts over it's validity.

If you want entertainment, you do what most of the footballing world does and watch the PL.

Roma would have been my tip if they kept Mancini, Julio Baptista could have a good season. Fiorentina spent well time for them to step up and Milan surely cant be as bad as last year? Looks like it colud be a good season. I still rate Serie A, the big games have more quality in them than some of the prems's big ones. Be interesting to see how Mourinho handles Inter with the politics and egos, was his downfall at Chelsea

Roma would have been my tip if they kept Mancini, Julio Baptista could have a good season. Fiorentina spent well time for them to step up and Milan surely cant be as bad as last year? Looks like it colud be a good season. I still rate Serie A, the big games have more quality in them than some of the prems's big ones. Be interesting to see how Mourinho handles Inter with the politics and egos, was his downfall at Chelsea

Politics yes, egos though?

Its was only rumours, but he did seem to imply when he left there was a mini player mutiny at chelsea lead by a certain england captain. therefore when the chips are down at inter - whose to say the likes of Ibrahimovic and Zanetti do the same? both are big favorites with Moratti. Ibrahimiovic in particulaer is well know for his tantrums.

Its was only rumours, but he did seem to imply when he left there was a mini player mutiny at chelsea lead by a certain england captain. therefore when the chips are down at inter - whose to say the likes of Ibrahimovic and Zanetti do the same? both are big favorites with Moratti. Ibrahimiovic in particulaer is well know for his tantrums.

Wasn't it the likes of Terry that stood by him until the end?

The rumour was that he went to Kenyon after an bust-up over form and injury. Who knows tho, he's is a very big character and will cliash with people

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/sep/23/newsstory.chelsea

The rumour was that he went to Kenyon after an bust-up over form and injury. Who knows tho, he's is a very big character and will cliash with people

Interesting.

Not so sure I believe the article, but I certainly wouldn't put it past a w***** like Terry.

Interesting.

Not so sure I believe the article, but I certainly wouldn't put it past a w***** like Terry.

Yeah it could all be paper talk, but with incidents like that at big clubs - sometime the players have more power than the managers

Guest kingdawson

Lazio used to be my favourite team when i was younger but now it's Roma. To make things more confusing, Goran Pandev is my favourite player (Angelo Palombo from samp just trails him).

As someone said, Roma havent done anything to note in this transfer window except make their rival stronger (Mancini to Inter). still think they'll do well though.

Well considering Parma are now relegated  :weep:, Id like to see Lazio or someone like that do well.

Id like to see Inter Milan win it considering Jose's there.

aye, was gutted about Parma. Fuck Lazio though, facist cunts.