Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Stephen927

It's fairly obvious to see he wasn't one of our top priority attacking midfield recruits, due to Keegan coming out saying we failed in a bid for Nasri, the much published bid for Modric, talk of moves for Deco..

I'm quietly confident about this signing.

It's fairly obvious to see he wasn't one of our top priority attacking midfield recruits, due to Keegan coming out saying we failed in a bid for Nasri, the much published bid for Modric, talk of moves for Deco..

did he say we;d bid for nasri ?

did he say we;d bid for nasri ?

said they were interested in him.

Guest optimistic nit

I think this fella might surprise a few on here. Just got a feeling he's a lot better than people might realise.

Like the people at Valencia who classed him as  one too many for this years squad.

he's never even played for valencia yet, they probably know as much about him as we do, so i'm not going to trust their opinions on him.

I think this fella might surprise a few on here. Just got a feeling he's a lot better than people might realise.

Like the people at Valencia who classed him as  one too many for this years squad.

To be fair Valencia aren't exactly short of quality players in that area so I wouldn't read too much into that.

he's never even played for valencia yet, they probably know as much about him as we do, so i'm not going to trust their opinions on him.

Yes the club that signed him & loaned him out know about as much about him as Newcastle-Online members.

To be fair Valencia aren't exactly short of quality players in that area so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Lets hope he falls into the quality category rather than what seems to me to be a quantity reason he has been moved on.

a bit more about him.......he`s right footed but NOT a winger according to some Uruguayan fans I spoke to on another forum.  However for his old club Danubio he played attacking central midfield and sometimes on the left (but not an up and down the flanks winger)........I guess he`s a `Pires type` in that respect

Lets hope he falls into the quality category rather than what seems to me to be a quantity reason he has been moved on.

Don't forget he cost them upwards of £7m.

Gonzo - Guthrie/Butt/Barton - Jonas

----------Owen------------

-------Xisco---Oba--------

I'd imagine Gonzo/Butt/Barton/Guthrie will all be vying for that one side and the center role.  I can also Geremi looking to get into the fold as well.

But like everyone else, we know F all about this lad until we see him play. I am very very very excited to see how we line up in our next few matches when Owen and Oba are fit with Xisco and Gonzo in the team.

Don't forget he cost them upwards of £7m.

source?

Anyways, quietly confident he might impress here..........the new Enzo Francescoli (I hope! ;) )

Sorry if it has already been mentioned but I read (can't remember where) that Valencia had filled their allowed quota of foreign players and that is why they loaned González to us. I didn't know they had rules on the number of foreigners allowed in a team in La Liga.

Spanish sides are allowed a maximum of 3 Non-EU players.

Sorry if it has already been mentioned but I read (can't remember where) that Valencia had filled their allowed quota of foreign players and that is why they loaned González to us. I didn't know they had rules on the number of foreigners allowed in a team in La Liga.

Spanish sides are allowed a maximum of 3 Non-EU players.

He's got an Italian passport apparently.

Guest Heneage

I don't think we should judge too much into them "Letting him go" Valencia have big money troubles, with no Europe this year and Villa on a big new contract, they were desperate to rid of any player they could, the likes of Joaquin for example were made available for Loan.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

I don't think we should judge too much into them "Letting him go" Valencia have big money troubles, with no Europe this year and Villa on a big new contract, they were desperate to rid of any player they could, the likes of Joaquin for example were made available for Loan.

Should have been in for him, then.

Guest Heneage

Possibly. But I have ap roblem with Joaquin, hes become  a lazy player as of late, he took his goal well against us, but I fear he'd just be coming for the money, we need players who will fight for us (Joey took that a bit too literally obviously) I mean its one of the reasons Valencias in the poop they are, they just paid what players wanted in a Leeds esq fashion.

He probably would have joined us, but I think as the window grew closer to its end the Valencia Coach (Whos stupid name escapes me) saw him as actually a good player to have, hes showed glimmers of returning to form, but still I would be wary of getting him, but you do make a fair suggestion.

Should have been in for him, then.

turned down all moves, apparently Real even ........when they were panicking about a replacement for Robinho.

Guest Heneage

That doesn't suprise me really, hes quite the bullish player and i'd imagine will want to prove himself at Valencia before he heads off anywhere.

Possibly. But I have ap roblem with Joaquin, hes become  a lazy player as of late, he took his goal well against us, but I fear he'd just be coming for the money, we need players who will fight for us (Joey took that a bit too literally obviously) I mean its one of the reasons Valencias in the poop they are, they just paid what players wanted in a Leeds esq fashion.

He probably would have joined us, but I think as the window grew closer to its end the Valencia Coach (Whos stupid name escapes me) saw him as actually a good player to have, hes showed glimmers of returning to form, but still I would be wary of getting him, but you do make a fair suggestion.

They actually have quite a strict wage structure, which they have only recently broken to provide new deals to keep Villa & Silva. the main problem with their debt is that they laid out a massive amount for new land and the development of a new stadium, and then didn't manage to sell the land they own for anywhere near what they thought it was worth.