Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think this fella might surprise a few on here. Just got a feeling he's a lot better than people might realise.

Like the people at Valencia who classed him as  one too many for this years squad.

To be fair Valencia aren't exactly short of quality players in that area so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Lets hope he falls into the quality category rather than what seems to me to be a quantity reason he has been moved on.

Don't forget he cost them upwards of £7m.

source?

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=844156

and others.

I think this fella might surprise a few on here. Just got a feeling he's a lot better than people might realise.

Like the people at Valencia who classed him as  one too many for this years squad.

To be fair Valencia aren't exactly short of quality players in that area so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Lets hope he falls into the quality category rather than what seems to me to be a quantity reason he has been moved on.

Don't forget he cost them upwards of £7m.

source?

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=844156

and others.

cheers mate. The bloke can`t be that bad if they shelled out that amount for him

btw, on the link you posted there`s a further video link at the bottom right of the screen with him scoring 4 goals in a match...I think it was against lower league opposition judging by the scoreline :D

Guest Heneage

Possibly. But I have ap roblem with Joaquin, hes become  a lazy player as of late, he took his goal well against us, but I fear he'd just be coming for the money, we need players who will fight for us (Joey took that a bit too literally obviously) I mean its one of the reasons Valencias in the poop they are, they just paid what players wanted in a Leeds esq fashion.

He probably would have joined us, but I think as the window grew closer to its end the Valencia Coach (Whos stupid name escapes me) saw him as actually a good player to have, hes showed glimmers of returning to form, but still I would be wary of getting him, but you do make a fair suggestion.

They actually have quite a strict wage structure, which they have only recently broken to provide new deals to keep Villa & Silva. the main problem with their debt is that they laid out a massive amount for new land and the development of a new stadium, and then didn't manage to sell the land they own for anywhere near what they thought it was worth.

Oh totally agree the New stadium The Callederon or something isn't it? Had a massive impact on finances, but I think they were guilty of spending what they didnt have at times, people like Joaquin, they have often had rather large squads, and have generally wasted money. But you make a spot on point that the new Stadium devlopment or lack of funds they received for the old ground contributed hugely to the 260m Euro debt.

Possibly. But I have ap roblem with Joaquin, hes become  a lazy player as of late, he took his goal well against us, but I fear he'd just be coming for the money, we need players who will fight for us (Joey took that a bit too literally obviously) I mean its one of the reasons Valencias in the poop they are, they just paid what players wanted in a Leeds esq fashion.

He probably would have joined us, but I think as the window grew closer to its end the Valencia Coach (Whos stupid name escapes me) saw him as actually a good player to have, hes showed glimmers of returning to form, but still I would be wary of getting him, but you do make a fair suggestion.

They actually have quite a strict wage structure, which they have only recently broken to provide new deals to keep Villa & Silva. the main problem with their debt is that they laid out a massive amount for new land and the development of a new stadium, and then didn't manage to sell the land they own for anywhere near what they thought it was worth.

Oh totally agree the New stadium The Callederon or something isn't it? Had a massive impact on finances, but I think they were guilty of spending what they didnt have at times, people like Joaquin, they have often had rather large squads, and have generally wasted money. But you make a spot on point that the new Stadium devlopment or lack of funds they received for the old ground contributed hugely to the 260m Euro debt.

The very imaginatively named 'Nou Mestalla' with a 75,000 capacity in time for the start of next season.

You are right about the large squads, with loads of average players being loaned out all over Europe and Valencia having to make significant contributions to their wages.

such a shame Hugo Viana didn't work in the prem. Quality player, just the type we need in our midfield now if he could become a tad more combatitive

agreed......a wasted talent IMO.....I think he would have been ideal for Serie A with the slower paced game over there and the fact that more teams play formations that incorporates a continental number 10/`fantasista` as the Italians call it type like Viana. Maybe if he moved to Juve instead of us at the time things might have worked out differently for the lad.

btw....apparently Valencia are willing to let him go if someone takes over his wages :D

Despite all of the shite that's gone on, I'm looking forward to seeing this lad play. South American playmaker with a decent number of caps for Uruguay, who aren't exactly a poor nation, and no expectations on his shoulders.

Hope he comes in and does the business because we've been crying out for a touch of class in the centre of the park for a good while now.

Guest Toon Argy

I don't think we should judge too much into them "Letting him go" Valencia have big money troubles, with no Europe this year and Villa on a big new contract, they were desperate to rid of any player they could, the likes of Joaquin for example were made available for Loan.

They are in uefa cup aren't they?

Guest Heneage

Will he be back in time to be in the squad for Saturday?

I'd imagine our 3 will be back, I think however the 2 Argies will play with Nacho benched.

I'd imagine our 3 will be back, I think however the 2 Argies will play with Nacho benched.

Doubt Coloccini will play. He'll be starting for Argentina then arriving back on Saturday morning.

Jonas is a different story because he may be forced to play due to injuries but we have cover for Coloccini.

Doubt Coloccini will play. He'll be starting for Argentina then arriving back on Saturday morning.

is that confirmed? Inter Milan`s core of Argies arrive back in Italy on Friday so not sure why our 2 would arrive a day later in the UK.......

anyways, cant see Nacho starting as he`s not had a days training with us yet