Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Stephen927

Guthrie needs time, just like a lot of other young players. It's unfortunate that he's been thrown in the deep end a little bit due to the lack of depth in midfield, but I thought he has dealt with it quite well (the moment of madness v Hull aside).

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Guthrie looks very promising to me, I'd love to see him and Barton in the midfield together at some point

Would deffo break some legs.

and noses, arms, heads...........

Guthrie looks very promising to me, I'd love to see him and Barton in the midfield together at some point

Same here, Barton has been completely written off now by some but the player he was at city (not that long ago) would be something we haven't had here for quite a long time.

Guest optimistic nit

So would i but i'd also like to win the lottery.

Guest Toon Argy

what's with the Guthrie bashing? very very harsh on the lad

He may have heart and done alright since he came, but he is a very very average footballer.

Have to disagree. He's showed real potential to be a very very good player in my opinion.

Totally agree.

Average player in my opinion.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

He may have heart and done alright since he came, but he is a very very average footballer.

Have to disagree. He's showed real potential to be a very very good player in my opinion.

Totally agree.

Very, very good players: Jonas, Coloccini, Owen, Beye.

Very, very average players: Guthrie, Taylor etc

Totally agree.

Very, very good players: Jonas, Coloccini, Owen, Beye.

Very, very average players: Guthrie, Taylor etc

Very, very shit players: Smith, Shola etc

In the time Guthrie has been with us, he has done more than enough to suggest he is better than "very average". I cant imagine those of you saying he is average have seen all that much of him prior to coming here either.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

In the time Guthrie has been with us, he has done more than enough to suggest he is better than "very average". I cant imagine those of you saying he is average have seen all that much of him prior to coming here either.

Don't you think it says a lot about a player when Liverpool were virtually giving him away and the only other club with half an interest was Bolton fucking Wanderers?

I'm not saying he wont do a job, because he's ok for the time being. But he's the sort of playeryou want at your club as 5th choice CM, not first.

Don't you think it says a lot about a player when Liverpool were virtually giving him away and the only other club with half an interest was Bolton fucking Wanderers?

I'm not saying he wont do a job, because he's ok for the time being. But he's the sort of playeryou want at your club as 5th choice CM, not first.

What it says to me is that you (probably) haven't seen a lot of him prior to coming to us and that he has played well for us so far, so for you to call him "very average" is just pre-judging him based on nothing other than the fact that he didn't cost much.

I'm not saying he should be seen as a regular for us, but he has played well and showed a lot of promise in his time here.

We virtually gave Bellamy away and the only interested clubs were Blackburn and Birmingham, how many clubs were fighting over Bentley when he left Arsenal?

If you don't rate him that's fair enough, but at least try and make a post stating what he's done on the pitch that makes you not rate him rather than saying that "Nobody else was interested so he must be shit"

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Don't you think it says a lot about a player when Liverpool were virtually giving him away and the only other club with half an interest was Bolton f***ing Wanderers?

What it says to me is that you (probably) haven't seen a lot of him prior to coming to us and that he has played well for us so far, so for you to call him "very average" is just pre-judging him based on nothing other than the fact that he didn't cost much.

I'm not saying he should be seen as a regular for us, but he has played well and showed a lot of promise in his time here.

Well it actually says it wrong to you then, doesn't it, Karl?

I've seen him play our reserves on numerous occasions and also for Bolton and Liverpool on the rare occasions he got a game there. I've also had reports from my Scouse supporting mates about him. No sign of England U21 honours, no sign of a decent club wanting him.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love him to do well and establish himself in the team, doing a "Rob Lee" if you will. He just wont.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Don't you think it says a lot about a player when Liverpool were virtually giving him away and the only other club with half an interest was Bolton f***ing Wanderers?

We virtually gave Bellamy away and the only interested clubs were Blackburn and Birmingham, how many clubs were fighting over Bentley when he left Arsenal?

If you don't rate him that's fair enough, but at least try and make a post stating what he's done on the pitch that makes you not rate him rather than saying that "Nobody else was interested so he must be s***"

Bellamy went to the biggest club in Scotland for 6 months then to Blackburn. the reason no "big" clubs were after him was because of his off field problems. A year after calming down and he'd signed for European Champions Liverpool.

Wenger begged Bentley not to go, but reluctantly let him because he couldn't guarantee him first team football for a few years.

If you don't rate him that's fair enough, but at least try and make a post stating what he's done on the pitch that makes you not rate him rather than saying that "Nobody else was interested so he must be s***"

Bellamy went to the biggest club in Scotland for 6 months then to Blackburn. the reason no "big" clubs were after him was because of his off field problems. A year after calming down and he'd signed for European Champions Liverpool.

Wenger begged Bentley not to go, but reluctantly let him because he couldn't guarantee him first team football for a few years.

Scotland ffs :lol: Like John Hartson and Samaras signed for them, it's a graveyard.

Still no sign of you saying what Guthrie had done wrong on the pitch for you not to rate him, feel free to tell us.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Scotland ffs :lol: Like John Hartson and Samaras signed for them, it's a graveyard.

Still no sign of you saying what Guthrie had done wrong on the pitch for you not to rate him, feel free to tell us.

Apart from his mental moment I think he's done ok. He hasn't shone, he hasn't been shit. Hence, average.

Like I repeatedly say, i've nowt against the boy, and wish him well. I just don't think he'll make it.

Hardly a graveyard for Gazza or Larsson was it?

Well it actually says it wrong to you then, doesn't it, Karl?

I've seen him play our reserves on numerous occasions and also for Bolton and Liverpool on the rare occasions he got a game there. I've also had reports from my Scouse supporting mates about him. No sign of England U21 honours, no sign of a decent club wanting him.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love him to do well and establish himself in the team, doing a "Rob Lee" if you will. He just wont.

Karl..... I see what you did there, brilliant!

How many times is numerous occasions? And when you was watching him, was you watching him in the knowledge that he was going to be signing for us? I cant imagine you'd pay a great deal of attention to an opposition reserve player. I may be wrong here but I stand by my point that your basing your opinion on very little.

Apart from his mental moment I think he's done ok. He hasn't shone, he hasn't been shit. Hence, average.

Like I repeatedly say, i've nowt against the boy, and wish him well. I just don't think he'll make it.

Hardly a graveyard for Gazza or Larsson was it?

So that's 2 players who signed for Scottish clubs over a decade ago, I can see the talent oozing out of the place.

Like I said to you, if you don't rate someone then say what part of their game you don't rate, giving it the "He must be shite because nobody else wanted him" is bollocks, it's not hard when you think about it.

It also makes it easier for people to debate the point.

Guest optimistic nit

sorry, but that post is bloody ludicrous.