Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Another s**** signing from the Cockneys. He is even slower than Geremi.

Riquelme`s slow as fk but he`s not bad a player.......

Yes he is

Another SHITE signing from the Cockneys. He is even slower than Geremi.

Supposed to have been carrying a hamstring injury, but you are right, why wait and see? Let's pass judgement right now and agree he's shit.

Supposed to have been carrying a hamstring injury, but you are right, why wait and see? Let's pass judgement right now and agree he's s***.

Saves us time really, he's likely to have a bad game at some stage, then we have to wait for a couple of people to call him useless, a few more to create the wagon, and the rest to jump on it, we need to start running this club alot more efficiently, and start insulting players sooner rather then later on, giving them a chance is just a waste of time really

Guest Darth Toon

The Sun website says he is out til February with an achilles problem. Its too daft to believe isn't it?

Another one bites the dust - what's with all these Achilles injuries??

“As far as Nacho Gonzalez is concerned, he does have an Achilles problem, but it is not a big problem .

“But he will not be involved against Blackburn Rovers at St James’s Park tomorrow when our squad will be the same as it was for Wednesday night, apart from Oba Martins.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/26/obafemi-martins-suffers-knee-injury-heartache-72703-21906997/

As a Newcastle fan I would like to know what your opinion is of Nacho Gonzalez, the player we have just signed on loan. Is he any good? Do you think he can cut it in the premier league? Or is he just another journeyman that Newcastle seem to acquire all the time?

Ravi Sood

I wouldn't call him a journeyman, but he wouldn't be my choice for the Premier League. He's an elegant playmaker, I've enjoyed his performances in Uruguay for Danubio, but I'm not sure he's right for England. I'd love to be proved wrong on this, but I fear that the rhythm of his game is too slow and that he's not mobile enough.

From Tim Vickery's blog on the BBC.

Is this lad as good Riquelme?

No, did he say or imply that?

Well he sort of implied it, as what was the point of using Riquelme as the example. If it was just about speed he may as well just accepted the previous poster point of view he is slower than Geremi.

If he can thread a through ball, spread the play, link the midfield and attack, cross or ball or take a decent deadball then i couldn't give a fuck if he plays at walking pace, he'll give us something we've been missing.

Exactly.

If he can thread a through ball, spread the play, link the midfield and attack, cross or ball or take a decent deadball then i couldn't give a fuck if he plays at walking pace, he'll give us something we've been missing.

I knew that answer was coming. I don't disagree in principle, what I would say is if he can do all that, than he should be our slow midifelder and others should make way. What I don't want is him walking around in the same side as Geremi, Cacapa, or Butt. At the moment there's a chronic lack of pace in the team through the midfield and attack and even poors sides like Hull and West ham are running rings round us.

Is this lad as good Riquelme?

No, did he say or imply that?

Well he sort of implied it, as what was the point of using Riquelme as the example. If it was just about speed he may as well just accepted the previous poster point of view he is slower than Geremi.

How to completely miss the point.

Who would you rather have moving slowly across the midfield picking out passes, him or Butt? Butt can't even defend now, he just lunges in every now and again. I think people have been far far too quick to write this guy off simply because he's not a known 'name' and because of whisperings from the training ground.

• 3 months later...