back barton

lovejoy

The thing that I find a bit scary is that it's all so Big Brother like (NOT the reality show), the media say "We hate Barton" so the sheep in every crowd will boo him endlessly. If he played (for example) Sunderland and Roy Keane had announced he was backing him the media would say "Oh isn't Keane wonderful he's giving him a second chance" and the crowds would act accordingly and not boo him as much.

Hitler found out he could manipulate the crowds because he knew people are so much like sheep it's possible to sway at least 90% of them.

It shows for me that Keegan is a man of high principle and is not scared to take difficult decisions. For people like Pygmy Craig Burley to virtually call him a liar like he did on Saturday really sticks in my craw.

I wouldn't say cheer JB for the sake of it but I'm sure it would disappoint KK greatly if Barton got roundly booed at SJP.

Exactly, when he heard the guys on 5Live at the weekend saying they 'thought Keegan had some moral fibre' I thought that was exactly what he was demonstrating.

It's far easier just to go along with the crowd and turn against Barton. Not to mention the obvious business implications of protecting a valuable asset.

I wasn't really that behind Barton, but the more the London press and cronies on TV slag him off to a ridiculous extent, the more I want to support him.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4078202,00.html

Arsenal's Gael Clichy has claimed Joey Barton has few friends among the Premier League's French contingent.

"He wanted to make something for his first game back and I don't want to talk about it but Samir did well and I'm proud of him."

Speachless :angry:

That comment is a disgrace! As much as I dislike Barton for what he did (off the pitch), i hate the frenchies covering each other all the time. FFS what if Beye tripped Fabregas for his tackling (the one who led to his yellow), which was AT LEAST as bad as Bartons?!?! Their supporters (and the press) would have gone mad...

BTW Am I the only one who thinks, that it should have been a straight red card for Nasri?

Im sorry, i really really dont buy into this he plays for newcastle therefore we should back him bollocks. I think its pretty astounding that people would put a football club over morals and ethics. Its not an over reaction but if he played for another club and it was one of our players who kicked out at him you;d all be saying good on the lad.

If he gets booed by our fans then he deserves it becasue in the eyes of those fans he's brought more shame to the club.

Ive never seen a thread with so little perspective whatsoever. I cant beleive how many people are unplaying the fact he beat the s*** out of 2 people.

So much hypocrisy its unreal.

I justcant see whatsoever how being booed or slagged off by the media is in anyway comparable to whats he's done - repeatedly.

Boo him.

But if he's playing and puts in s*** performances, don't dare ask why.

Another pillock.

Exactly, when he heard the guys on 5Live at the weekend saying they 'thought Keegan had some moral fibre' I thought that was exactly what he was demonstrating.

It's far easier just to go along with the crowd and turn against Barton. Not to mention the obvious business implications of protecting a valuable asset.

I wasn't really that behind Barton, but the more the London press and cronies on TV slag him off to a ridiculous extent, the more I want to support him.

Well said.

My thoughts exactly.

Sadly there are some with scrambled egg between their ears instead of brains wanting to be told what to think by the national rags and media in general.

Ive never seen a thread with so little perspective whatsoever. I cant beleive how many people are unplaying the fact he beat the s*** out of 2 people.

So much hypocrisy its unreal.

And heres another example.....

Tell me - was the attack on a football field ?

No ?

Is Barton the only one to be naughty OFF pitch ?

No ?

One of Arsenal's scorers on saturday in rape shock claim for instance ?

That was shushed up well last year wasn't it ?

Was he ever booed by Arsenal fans ?

No ?

Maybe they don't have fans so willing to do what the rags tell them - or maybe they have the media on their side ?

Bit of both actually.

but if he gets applauded as though he is a hero just as a way to show "support" for this thug I will be massivly unhappy with the Newcastle fans who do it.

:clap:

My - I can imagine those applauding losing sleep over you two pillocks being unhappy if they cheer Barton.

Makes me want to cheer and applaud him just to irritate a pair of pompous prats.

Like him or loathe him he's a NEWCASTLE player

I dare so you'll be waving your hankerchiefs and cheering sodding Milner when he comes back, eh ?

I WON'T.

Quality tackle, that. Good to see him up for it. After what's been going on for him recently you might understand if his head wasn't 100% on the game.

What disturbed me most about the tackle was the commentator's reaction.

Depends who he plays for with these hypocritical turds doesn't it ?

Remember Keane at Man U's thuggish behaviour ?

The BBC/ITV and the rags bent over backwards to applaud his determination.

And when you've got some of our own fans coming up with grovelling SH1T like the above, is it any wonder ?

HE IS A NEWCASTLE UNITED PLAYER - FACT

Therefore he deserves our support, its totally stupid for any fans to do anything else but get behind him..

Well said - the pair at the top there want to stop dancing to the media's tune and think for themselves for a change.

It seems I'm a pompous prat and a pillock because I have a different opinion to you and many others on here?

But apparently I need to think for myself?

Make your mind up daft cunt.

"murderous family"

:lol:  :clap:  :lol:

Morality really hasn't been transgressed as much as some people seem to think.

Barton has done many things that are objectionable, and most people have said so, and condemned him.

He's broken the law of the land, and the rules of the game, and he's been (or being) punished for all of that.

Now he's on his way back, and he's getting another chance. Not much wrong with that in my opinion.

"murderous family"

Yes indeed they are.

But I'm judging Barton as he plays for my team, not on his personal life like the pillocks and prats previously mentioned.

He's broken the law of the land, and the rules of the game, and he's been (or being) punished for all of that.

Now he's on his way back, and he's getting another chance. Not much wrong with that in my opinion.

Correct, and well said - but what annoys me is these same people, who are ranting against one of our own players - and sometimes USING THE SAME WORDING AS IN THE PRESS - if the rags spouted in FAVOUR of someone who had "Come off the rails" and "should be given another chance" would be spouting the same sh*t on here.

Then there was the bust up between Arsenal players on the pitch last year, quietened that quick, the rags - the 2 London based players involved in thieving from waitresses handbags...quietened that down too didn't they.

Note the difference ?

Barton - Newcastle

The others ?

London based.

The family comment is f***ing ludicrous. :lol:

It is and just shows what the Barton-Booers are like

Yes his family are thugs and scum

But funny how the rags only delve like this when its a NEWCASTLE player.

Notice how they've laid off Bellamy and Dyer since leaving Newcastle ?

Ever wonder why ?

Maybe it's because they know the P&P's (Prats and Pillocks) will happily round on our own players and do their work for them

but if he gets applauded as though he is a hero just as a way to show "support" for this thug I will be massivly unhappy with the Newcastle fans who do it.

My - I can imagine those applauding losing sleep over you two pillocks being unhappy if they cheer Barton.

Makes me want to cheer and applaud him just to irritate a pair of pompous prats.

I dare so you'll be waving your hankerchiefs and cheering sodding Milner when he comes back, eh ?

I WON'T.

Quality tackle, that. Good to see him up for it. After what's been going on for him recently you might understand if his head wasn't 100% on the game.

And when you've got some of our own fans coming up with grovelling SH1T like the above, is it any wonder ?

Therefore he deserves our support, its totally stupid for any fans to do anything else but get behind him..

Well said - the pair at the top there want to stop dancing to the media's tune and think for themselves for a change.

It seems I'm a pompous prat and a pillock because I have a different opinion to you and many others on here?

Make your mind up daft c***.

"murderous family"

Did I say that?

I WON'T.

Make your mind up daft c***.

"murderous family"

Did I say that?

appears so, page 6...unless the quotes have been mixed up or something

whoever the fuck said it its hilarious

If KK is prepared to give Barton a last chance then so am I. As far as im concerned he has been punished for the crime that he committed. The club has decided to keep him on and so I will back Joey Barton as long as he conducts himself professionally both on and off the pitch in future.

As far as Clichys comment goes I think that they are a disgrace. Theres a piece on the Mail Online website which slags Barton off but then seems to agree with Clichy condoning a deliberate and cynical foul. A  massive case of double standards.

Guest battyleespeed

Can't believe the "back the headcase" comments here. That was a PSYCHO smile... trainwreck waiting to be happen a la Bowyer vs Dyer. Better get rid asap.

I think we'll end up with a siege mentality and he'll be cheered at SJP, especially if the away fans start booing his every move.

Theres no shortage of "I think about Barton..." (pulls national paper out of back pocket, stumbles to read word at a time) "...that we should boo him...yus" on here as well as away fans, who do as one would expect - as we would on away teams personell.

What's your problem you pompous pillock?

Is it because I have a different opinion to yours. Well, excuse me.

Repeating my words too ? ;D :razz: :clap: :iamatwat: :iamatwat: :iamatwat:

I think we'll end up with a siege mentality and he'll be cheered at SJP, especially if the away fans start booing his every move.

Theres no shortage of "I think about Barton..." (pulls national paper out of back pocket, stumbles to read word at a time) "...that we should boo him...yus" on here as well as away fans, who do as one would expect - as we would on away teams personell.

What's your problem you pompous pillock?

Is it because I have a different opinion to yours. Well, excuse me.

Repeating my words too ? ;D :razz: :clap: :iamatwat: :iamatwat: :iamatwat:

Oh, you got it.

Well done.