Robinho to Man City for 32.5m?

LooneyToonArmy

Robinho is a top talent no doubt, but thus far in his career he's not shown himself to be a good goalscorer (scorer of good goals though), doesn't create much for others, and has frequently gone missing for Real when the opposition side have gone a tad physical. Similar to Tino in terms of being a flash player.

Makes me wonder whether Asprilla would have gone for a similar amount in today's market were he Brazilian.

Robinho is a top talent no doubt, but thus far in his career he's not shown himself to be a good goalscorer (scorer of good goals though), doesn't create much for others, and has frequently gone missing for Real when the opposition side have gone a tad physical. Similar to Tino in terms of being a flash player.

Makes me wonder whether Asprilla would have gone for a similar amount in today's market were he Brazilian.

Messi (who he often gets compared with, for some reason) is on a different level to him.

Premier League - Pele: Robinho needs counselling

Eurosport - Wed, 03 Sep 13:01:00 2008

Brazil legend Pele claims Manchester City's record signing Robinho "needs serious counselling".

The forward's move from Real Madrid to Eastlands has produced a storm of criticism in his native Brazil, prompting Pele to say Chelsea were "lucky" that City gazumped them in a £32.5 million deal on Monday.

"Chelsea are lucky. This boy needs some serious counselling. In my view he has been badly advised," said Pele.

The three-time World Cup-winner played the majority of his club career at Santos, where Robinho started out, and reflected concerns that the move was motivated purely by money.

Santos president Marcelo Teixeira stormed: "This is one of the most disgraceful episodes in Brazilian football. He is a player who is an idol to children, an example. But he has not acted like one."

The club's general manager, Jose Fernandes, added: "We are ashamed at having produced such a player."

Can't they just pay £500m to the Premier League for the title, they can have an open top bus and it'll save us a load of pretence.

You copying me Wullie?

Why don't the FA just offer to sell them the Premiership title for £400 million?  It would save time and a whole lot of pretence..

:lol:

I liked how the SSN interviewer asked Mark Hughes if he could speak enough Spanish to talk to Robinho, a Brazilian.  Idiot.

to be fair spainish is quite similar to portugese and hes bein in spain for a few years

I liked how the SSN interviewer asked Mark Hughes if he could speak enough Spanish to talk to Robinho, a Brazilian.  Idiot.

to be fair spainish is quite similar to portugese and hes bein in spain for a few years

Fack off, no its not! Only educated people in brazil understand spanish!

• 1 year later...

Robinho's second coming: Manchester City flop nets winning goal in dream Santos return

Robinho promised a heroic return for Santos. And though he did not deliver the hat-trick he prophecised in the Classico against Sao Paulo, an exquisite winning goal was enough for his adoring fans here.

The match started with a reality check for the on-loan Manchester City player. New boss Dorival Junior took much the same view as Roberto Mancini and Mark Hughes by declaring his new star too unfit and not in as good a form as those in front of him.

It took until the 58th minute for the 26-year-old to emerge from the bench, and his debut almost instantly threatened to be as disappointing as his 17 months at Eastlands since his move from Real Madrid.

His team were leading 1-0 when he entered thanks to a first half penalty  converted by Neymar, the so-called 'New Pele' or 'New Robinho' depending on your taste.

Substitute Roger headed an equaliser with 20 mintes to play. But, after two  close shaves, Robinho finally got the goal he craved with four minutes to play.

Santos right back Wesley broke from defence, running the whole length of the pitch to cross from the right and find Robinho.

The Brazil star, at the near post, flicked it home with the inside of his right heel before unwisely celebrating in front of the home fans, who pelted him with anything they could find.  ;D

Well cheeky pelanty in that game too, nice.

thought it was kind of against the rules to do that (?).....running up (then pausing for a longer time than usual) until the keeper dives, then put the ball in to the back of the net. Not like it`s uncommon though I suppose, just the like the keeper coming off his line. Great finish by Robinho though