KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should support Keegan and not the fat arsehole that has tried to buy himself fame, power, attention.

You can hardly accuse Ashley of courting fame and attention really, can you? As for power? He's a multi-billionaire who is already massively powerful in the business world.

Guest Toon Argy

It's not just Keegan's departure alone that upsets me - it's the simple fact that we've now got to undertake the whole finding and hiring a manager process, when the season has already started, when they can't bring in any of their own men and when there aren't many proven managers out there anyway. Plus who would be attracted to a club where the fans are almost all against the men behind the scenes, and where the players will have been hurt by all of this?

I know this is premature but I'm going to write this season off as another lower-mid table finish. Anything more than that would be impressive and unexpected.

No real fan would blame Keegan for any of this.

You've no right to question people's integrity as NUFC supporters. People are entitled to their own opinion.

Should support Keegan and not the fat arsehole that has tried to buy himself fame, power, attention.

except he hasn't though. a lot of the usual bullshit is being spread about ashley, and i haven't really had the stregnth to defend him, because i'm annoyed at him myself but what i will say is that he's done a few good things while he's been here as well, and he's trying to do the right thing.

He's f***ed up here, in more than one way, very big fuckups, but if you're going to criticise him you've got plenty of valid reasons atm without the need to stick to the usual incorrect cliches.

Except he hasnt what? Ashley owns the club, he is the one that has all the power and can have the final say in any decisions being made so this is basically all his fault.

Every manager should be allowed to bring the players HE wants to bring in and work with. Players shouldn't be brought in that the manager doesn't want. This is the main reason Keegan has resigned. As Keegan wanted to make his own signings and decide on who stays and who goes Ashley should have allowed him to do this.

Guest optimistic nit

It's not just Keegan's departure alone that upsets me - it's the simple fact that we've now got to undertake the whole finding and hiring a manager process, when the season has already started, when they can't bring in any of their own men and when there aren't many proven managers out there anyway. Plus who would be attracted to a club where the fans are almost all against the men behind the scenes, and where the players will have been hurt by all of this?

I know this is premature but I'm going to write this season off as another lower-mid table finish. Anything more than that would be impressive and unexpected.

You've no right to question people's integrity as NUFC supporters. People are entitled to their own opinion.

except he hasn't though. a lot of the usual bullshit is being spread about ashley, and i haven't really had the stregnth to defend him, because i'm annoyed at him myself but what i will say is that he's done a few good things while he's been here as well, and he's trying to do the right thing.

He's f***ed up here, in more than one way, very big fuckups, but if you're going to criticise him you've got plenty of valid reasons atm without the need to stick to the usual incorrect cliches.

Except he hasnt what? Ashley owns the club, he is the one that has all the power and can have the final say in any decisions being made so this is basically all his fault.

Every manager should be allowed to bring the players HE wants to bring in and work with. Players shouldn't be brought in that the manager doesn't want. This is the main reason Keegan has resigned. As Keegan wanted to make his own signings and decide on who stays and who goes Ashley should have allowed him to do this.

he hasn't tried to buy himself fame power and attention in my opinion. all of the stuff in the above is true, i agree with that, not the post before though.

or like you father walking out when your 10 years old?

Thats a good analogy...Or how about that the family are starving and daddy leaves the high paid job because he doesnt like the conditions, leaving the sullen faced kids greetin at the windows

But the thing is, Keegan is not responsible for the fans. I'm sure he feels like he's let us down, but he doesn't "owe it to us" to stay if his integrity is being compromised. That's like me being treated like shit by my bosses at work and wanting to walk away for my own sanity/integrity and all of my patients marching outside of the hospital chanting and making a scene. I'd feel guilty but at the end of the day I need to look after me and do what is right by me too. My bosses will find another nurse, NUFC will get another manager. Life will carry on.

Guest smarty2006

Keegan got his why with Barton Owen and Smith!

Guest Toon Argy

You can hardly accuse Ashley of courting fame and attention really, can you? As for power? He's a multi-billionaire who is already massively powerful in the business world.

Who had heard of him before he bought us? I doubt very many would have. He sits in the away section to try and get the fans to like him and make us think he's one of us. He sits in the posh seats at the home games with his newcastle shirt on for the attention and since he's such a fat twat he can be seen by more or less veryone in the ground. The main reason he brought Keegan back was to try and get the fans to love him and I admitt i didnt like him at the start but when he brought Keegan back my opinion did change and i did start to like him. Now with whats happened the biggest mistake he has ever made is bringing Keegan back.

Guest Toon Argy

Keegan got his why with Barton Owen and Smith!

and so he should. I dont rate smith, milner or ameobi but if keegan wants to keep them he should be allowed. In my opinion the main reason why he would have wanted to keep them is because he had no say about who they would be replaced with.

Guest optimistic nit

i think he was a fan though. doesn't mean he didn't screw up, if you or i were in charge we'd probably have done a whole lot worse at running the football club.

not giving excuses for him, i'm just defending him against what i believe to be unfair accusation. he's made too many mistakes to justify being owner of this club. if we do have him for the forseable future, then he HAS to learn from them, and that starts by appointing a manager not a head coach and giving him full control.

Guest Toon Argy

i think he was a fan though. doesn't mean he didn't screw up, if you or i were in charge we'd probably have done a whole lot worse at running the football club.

not giving excuses for him, i'm just defending him against what i believe to be unfair accusation. he's made too many mistakes to justify being owner of this club. if we do have him for the forseable future, then he HAS to learn from them, and that starts by appointing a manager not a head coach and giving him full control.

You dont pick your football team. Especially at the age of 50 or whatever he is.

No excuses, no defence, Knight. He needs to be shot at dawn. Please arrange the firing squad.

Guest optimistic nit

No excuses, no defence, Knight. He needs to be shot at dawn. Please arrange the firing squad.

i'm shite at orginising stuff, can't we get someone else to do it ;)

Guest smarty2006

or like you father walking out when your 10 years old?

Thats a good analogy...Or how about that the family are starving and daddy leaves the high paid job because he doesnt like the conditions, leaving the sullen faced kids greetin at the windows

But the thing is, Keegan is not responsible for the fans. I'm sure he feels like he's let us down, but he doesn't "owe it to us" to stay if his integrity is being compromised. That's like me being treated like s*** by my bosses at work and wanting to walk away for my own sanity/integrity and all of my patients marching outside of the hospital chanting and making a scene. I'd feel guilty but at the end of the day I need to look after me and do what is right by me too. My bosses will find another nurse, NUFC will get another manager. Life will carry on.

Life will carry on as it does, try telling that to the "Mongs" thats the worry!.......better call the crisis team :iamatwat:

Guest Toon Argy

Women know nothing about football so I'm not going to argue with you.  O0  :pow: (safety winks)

Women know nothing about football so I'm not going to argue with you.  O0  :pow: (safety winks)

Keep winking sunshine. It's still one of my ambitions to sit across a table from Shola and teach him the offside rule  :angry:

Guest Sniffer

Before you ask, that again was a reply to the french bloke.

Damn slow typer.

Sniffer - he's from Whitley Bay, not Provence ;)

Aye and I'm from Wallsend.

You can't resign from a job you've already been sacked from though, can you? If Keegan was fired on Tuesday, there's no way he'd be saying that he's resigned now, given that it might mean he's got to pay compensation, even if he doesn't he wouldn't say that, he'd say he was fired.

Sadly I think there's decent chance you might be right about the money thing. :(

I know its unusual but of my boss told me tomorrow I was sacked and then before I got home he rang me and said he'd had a rethink and wanted to talk about it I'd listen to what he had to say. That doesn't mean that on the train home I wouldn't have phoned a mate and told him I'd been sacked.

But you wouldn't then say you'd resigned instead, you'd say I got fired we talked about it I'm still fired.

Guest Harry-Norway

f*** YOU ASHLEY-YOU MAKE ME SICK-DROWN YOURSELF IN BEER YOU FAT b******

f*** YOU WISE-YOU UGLY LITTLE DWARF-GET A ROPE

KEVIN K I ALREADY MISS YOU!

WHERE WILL THIS END NOW?

WHO WANTS TOO MANAGE A CLUB WITH THIS BOARD