KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Keegan has gone for one of two reasons and they are:

He didn't have the promised final say on transfers.

He didn't get players that he wanted.

If it's the first then he was right to resign and those left behind are a pile of s**** who should piss off back to where they came from.  If it's the second then he's in the wrong and has let the fans and club down.  Either way, I hope we find out the real reason.

Guest Guinness

I heard the news just before going out tonight and it really depressed me. I'm now back, even more depressed, struggling to come to terms with what has happened. I can't believe that such a positive start to the season has turned so sour. Yes I'm a little drunk, but I just can't see a way back for Ashley from this for so many reasons. Why would anyone half decent want to come and manage here knowing that they would merely be acting as a puppet for the board? Even if he did appoint someone half decent how could he appease the fans after forcing KK to quit due to his set up? I have no idea how this club will continue with him at the helm. Absolutely gutted.

Newcastle are ready to fight Keegan all the way, however, with a source close to the board pouring scorn on his managerial ability, especially his lack of knowledge of emerging players and the transfer market. It was claimed that Keegan was only interested in signing world-class players, presenting the board with a wish list of signings valued at more than £200 million, including Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry and Frank Lampard.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4678988.ece

:kasper:

Guys I really think we are going to have to come to terms with the fact Keegan was trying desperately to convince the owner to spend the type of money he didn't want to and was ultimately unsuccesful.

He wasn't aware of enough emerging talent, which was the type of squad we wanted to build, and therefore players were brought in for him.

He was simply the wrong man to hire. He got caught up in a billionaire taking over as most did, and wanted a ton of big players, but this was never Ashley's plan.

There's a blog on there written by Matt Hughes who wrote that calling Wise a visionary and wanking over his management of Leeds.

Context.

Your all fucking idiots, well your not, but I knew it would get yout attention.

Currently your letting your hearts get in the way of your heads and it isn't helping matters. All I've heard is Ashley is a cunt he needs to sell up, wise is a cunt and he should leave too. Does that sound like the sense of someone who is using their brian? Yeah Ashley fucked up big style, he's new to the game and he's new to our unusual club, but can you honestly say he didn't think what he was doing for the best of the club? same goes for Wise I'm afriad.

The chances are Ashley is going to be our owner for the forseeable future and Wise is going to be working under him, so what good are you, the supporters for this club doing with this knee-jerk and frankly child like reaction? Don't get me wrong I'm feeling hurt, real hurt by the actions of our owner and board over the last week or so, but do you really think boycotts and such silliness is going to drive Ashley out of town? It isn't going to help the players on the field and it won't do a lot for any potential take over, who wants to buy a club with such a volatile fan base, they'll be scared to death everytime the shit hits the fan.

You also realise Ashley probably knows what a huge error of judgement he's made and is trying to do everything to either rectify it or get the hell out. If he does remain chairman I want answers and I want to know exactly what he's going to do about it. I'll probably get called worse than shite for this but when the dust settles and you start thinking with your head you'll realse the current and potential action of the fans is doing nothing constructive to help the club what-so-ever.

Keegan was one of us and we'll probably never recover from this day, but at the same time we seriously need to sit down and consider some sensible options to take other than shout and scream at a man who was doing what he thought was best for our club.

Your all f***ing idiots, well your not, but I knew it would get yout attention.

Currently your letting your hearts get in the way of your heads and it isn't helping matters. All I've heard is Ashley is a c*** he needs to sell up, wise is a c*** and he should leave too. Does that sound like the sense of someone who is using their brian? Yeah Ashley f***ed up big style, he's new to the game and he's new to our unusual club, but can you honestly say he didn't think what he was doing for the best of the club? same goes for Wise I'm afriad.

The chances are Ashley is going to be our owner for the forseeable future and Wise is going to be working under him, so what good are you, the supporters for this club doing with this knee-jerk and frankly child like reaction? Don't get me wrong I'm feeling hurt, real hurt by the actions of our owner and board over the last week or so, but do you really think boycotts and such silliness is going to drive Ashley out of town? It isn't going to help the players on the field and it won't do a lot for any potential take over, who wants to buy a club with such a volatile fan base, they'll be scared to death everytime the s*** hits the fan.

You also realise Ashley probably knows what a huge error of judgement he's made and is trying to do everything to either rectify it or get the hell out. If he does remain chairman I want answers and I want to know exactly what he's going to do about it. I'll probably get called worse than s**** for this but when the dust settles and you start thinking with your head you'll realse the current and potential action of the fans is doing nothing constructive to help the club what-so-ever.

Keegan was one of us and we'll probably never recover from this day, but at the same time we seriously need to sit down and consider some sensible options to take other than shout and scream at a man who was doing what he thought was best for our club.

Ashley isn't chairman but carry on.

Currently your letting your hearts get in the way of your heads and it isn't helping matters. All I've heard is Ashley is a c*** he needs to sell up, wise is a c*** and he should leave too. Does that sound like the sense of someone who is using their brian? Yeah Ashley f***ed up big style, he's new to the game and he's new to our unusual club, but can you honestly say he didn't think what he was doing for the best of the club? same goes for Wise I'm afriad.

The chances are Ashley is going to be our owner for the forseeable future and Wise is going to be working under him, so what good are you, the supporters for this club doing with this knee-jerk and frankly child like reaction? Don't get me wrong I'm feeling hurt, real hurt by the actions of our owner and board over the last week or so, but do you really think boycotts and such silliness is going to drive Ashley out of town? It isn't going to help the players on the field and it won't do a lot for any potential take over, who wants to buy a club with such a volatile fan base, they'll be scared to death everytime the s*** hits the fan.

You also realise Ashley probably knows what a huge error of judgement he's made and is trying to do everything to either rectify it or get the hell out. If he does remain chairman I want answers and I want to know exactly what he's going to do about it. I'll probably get called worse than s**** for this but when the dust settles and you start thinking with your head you'll realse the current and potential action of the fans is doing nothing constructive to help the club what-so-ever.

I'm not using my brian.

When Ashley finally stepped in and decided to get rid of Allardyce, once he made his decision of who was going to get the job, us fans thought that at long last, we might have a bit of long term stability.

What we are seeing today is not only a reaction to our favourite player/manager leaving AGAIN, but also a reaction to discovering that the club is no different to what it was under the previous regimes and its revolving door policy with managers.

Howay man it was a typo, you knew what I meant, I mentioned he was owner beforehand.

Currently your letting your hearts get in the way of your heads and it isn't helping matters. All I've heard is Ashley is a cunt he needs to sell up, wise is a cunt and he should leave too. Does that sound like the sense of someone who is using their brian? Yeah Ashley fucked up big style, he's new to the game and he's new to our unusual club, but can you honestly say he didn't think what he was doing for the best of the club? same goes for Wise I'm afriad.

The chances are Ashley is going to be our owner for the forseeable future and Wise is going to be working under him, so what good are you, the supporters for this club doing with this knee-jerk and frankly child like reaction? Don't get me wrong I'm feeling hurt, real hurt by the actions of our owner and board over the last week or so, but do you really think boycotts and such silliness is going to drive Ashley out of town? It isn't going to help the players on the field and it won't do a lot for any potential take over, who wants to buy a club with such a volatile fan base, they'll be scared to death everytime the shit hits the fan.

You also realise Ashley probably knows what a huge error of judgement he's made and is trying to do everything to either rectify it or get the hell out. If he does remain chairman I want answers and I want to know exactly what he's going to do about it. I'll probably get called worse than shite for this but when the dust settles and you start thinking with your head you'll realse the current and potential action of the fans is doing nothing constructive to help the club what-so-ever.

YOU'RE

Other than that, you make some valid points.

Do you trust Denis Wise to do his best for this club?

Who do you think will be the next manager and how on earth will he have any support?

The best solution is for Ashley to sell.

When Ashley finally stepped in and decided to get rid of Allardyce, once he made his decision of who was going to get the job, us fans thought that at long last, we might have a bit of long term stability.

What we are seeing today is not only a reaction to our favourite player/manager leaving AGAIN, but also a reaction to discovering that the club is no different to what it was under the previous regimes and its revolving door policy with managers.

Ashley didn't decide to sack Allardyce although he had the final say in the matter.

Guest northwestmag1892

If it's the first then he was right to resign and those left behind are a pile of s**** who should piss off back to where they came from.  If it's the second then he's in the wrong and has let the fans and club down.  Either way, I hope we find out the real reason.

I think we'll never get to the bottom of this if Ashley and the shower of sh*te have paid KK to button up and be quiet which is where my money is. I can't see Ashley coming in front of the cameras and explaining - even though he owes everyone this and if he doesn't there will be a greater backlash.

My view is that Ashley has just taken the p*ss out of NUFC since buying the club in all ways. We won't be seeing him on Tyneside I suspect again - back to the Home Counties and London with his odious tossers, messrs Wise and Llambias.

I think we'll never get to the bottom of this if Ashley and the shower of sh*te have paid KK to button up and be quiet which is where my money is. I can't see Ashley coming in front of the cameras and explaining - even though he owes everyone this and if he doesn't there will be a greater backlash.

My view is that Ashley has just taken the p*ss out of NUFC since buying the club in all ways. We won't be seeing him on Tyneside I suspect again - back to the Home Counties and London with his odious tossers, messrs Wise and Llambias.

I hope that Keegan spat his dummy out because he didn't get his own way as it will be easier to move on.

Do you trust Denis Wise to do his best for this club?

Who do you think will be the next manager and how on earth will he have any support?

The best solution is for Ashley to sell.

I didn't say I trusted Wise and Ashley to do the best for our club, simply due to the inexperience they have in their current rules. I said they believed their actions were what was best for the club.

I've said in another thread I think we're looking at a very small group of managers. Very few will be willing to work within the system we have put in place. If he has no support, well this fan base are possibly more stupid than I thought they were. Who ever takes over the helm I am going to get behind them and get behind my team, regardless of whatever is going on in the boardroom. doing otherwise would be cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Without a doubt, but the fact is if he stays we're going to have to live with him. The fans curreny irrational actions aren't helping matters in the slightest.

Would have done wonders for Keegan's reputation throughtout the rest of the country too had he stayed. He'll always be referred to as a bottler and someone who walks when he doesn't like what he's seeing all over the country...what a massive f*ck off he could have given to those who've criticised him for the last 10-12 years had he managed a squad to a cup or good league placing this year...which was very possible.

Would have done wonders for Keegan's reputation throughtout the rest of the country too had he stayed. He'll always be referred to as a bottler and someone who walks when he doesn't like what he's seeing all over the country...what a massive f*ck off he could have given to those who've criticised him for the last 10-12 years had he managed a squad to a cup or good league placing this year...which was very possible.

I have to admit that this time, I really thought he would see it through and refuse to walk away if he was faced with any troubles. I must be  :idiot2:

His own statement very clearly says it's neither of those options, it's option 3: the club brought in players he didn´t want. There´s no argument here for me: the board fucked up massively and Keegan had no choice but to walk.

His own statement very clearly says it's neither of those options, it's option 3: the club brought in players he didn´t want. There´s no argument here for me: the board f***ed up massively and Keegan had no choice but to walk.

That was option 1.