KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would have done wonders for Keegan's reputation throughtout the rest of the country too had he stayed. He'll always be referred to as a bottler and someone who walks when he doesn't like what he's seeing all over the country...what a massive f*ck off he could have given to those who've criticised him for the last 10-12 years had he managed a squad to a cup or good league placing this year...which was very possible.

To be honest, this time, I think the majority of the country are on our and Keegan's side, and see that he has in reality been pushed to it.

I think everyone, fans and outsiders alike, knew what the set-up was for months though. If he really is doing this out of principle, he should have done it months ago. I think Keegan was going places with that squad this season, and Milner out for Xisco & Gonzalez wouldn't have affected that too much. There's managers in the lower leagues, out of jobs, etc. who'd do give anything to have an £8m Spanish Under-21 international handed on a plate to them on deadline day, and yet Keegan's walked away from it again. Shame.

How can people on here suggest that KK has been impulsive, it has taken (at least) 3 days to get to this decision. The problems have been brewing since the day Wise was appointed.

The only thing Keegan has been doing over the last few days is making sure he isn't out of pocket by leaving.

He's managed to persuade the club to pay him all his wages despite resigning has he? :rolleyes:  Do me a favour, go and take a walk on the highway with your eye's closed.

It's been well documented that he'd have to pay the club compensation if he walked out, you can bet he's been negotiating his way out of it.

Anyway, I've seen your post about not supporting the club anymore so it was nice knowing you, people like yourself won't be missed. :wave:

Still think your DOF bollocks works ?

Yes, just not with bottlers like Keegan.

we'd better get David Gill or someone at ManU buying players above Alex Fergusons head then . See what he does.

The same players you said "blew your socks off" you mean?

the word in the statement was player, not players.

I'm pleased you appear to think that it was alright for Dennis Wise and/or his cahoots to buy players above the managers head, and he should just put up with it.

You obviously still think that Ashley knows about football by default in supporting them.

If you supported someone else, like Spurs, I'd say good luck with the "plan".

As you call Keegan a "bottler" please clarify that you would call Alex Ferguson a bottler too if the same thing happened to him at ManU ?

Or Wenger at Arsenal, to name 2.

You're correct, it does say player.

The only player we signed on a permanent contract on the last day was a Spanish under 21 striker, funnily enough you've been running the club down for it looking like they wouldn't get a striker in as you were sure that was what Keegan wanted, yet now they've got a striker in you're running them down because Keegan has walked away from the club over it.

I don't really give a toss about Wenger or Ferguson, the fact is Keegan was happy to take the job knowing the structure was in place just so he could get his feet under the table, now he's kicking off and issuing him or me ultimatums, he won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Yet again he's walked out on the club again and left us in the s***, for that he can go and f*** himself in future.

Fuck me did keegan piss on your shoes in the bog or something??

This whole thing is one man's fault.. Mike ashleys. He's the one who owns the club

He's the one who brought in wise ( the cunt ), He's the one who has made us the laughing stock of the football world once again...

What's the point of having a manager if you dont let him manage???

I'm glad you replied because I really couldn't be arsed.

I'll cut and paste a post I've made elsewhere though instead.

If KK hadn't exposed Ashley for what he is ie a fat cunt and a small time wanker in football terms with no idea about how to be successul, and if KK had been tucked up in bed and pretending that everything was OK like he was a week ago then football would be wonderful and the sky would be the limit for NUFC.

Fuck Ashley. He's a nob, and the sooner he fucks off and sells to someone who understands how you succeed on the pitch, the better.

Even if they have a go and don't quite succeed, its a fuckin damn sight better than not having a go at all.

If he wants to run a winning football team, without spending money, speculating or taking risks, then he should have bought a small time championship club and filled it with cheap shite and sold at a profit when they started winning, just like he does with his shops.

This week has just been a huge gigantic pisser, and KK of all people sadly had to be the person to be sacrified instead of Wise, Jiminez, Llambias, Ashley and all of their poxy "system".

Hopefully, someone will come in, and re-appoint him as manager. Probably not though.

Club now impossible to manage = puppet boss.

:undecided:

correct.

Nobody with any backbone will take on the club without having the same problems.

Unbelievable how any idiot can accuse Keegan of "bottling it". When he;s just standing up for the right to do his job in his own way.

Would have done wonders for Keegan's reputation throughtout the rest of the country too had he stayed. He'll always be referred to as a bottler and someone who walks when he doesn't like what he's seeing all over the country...what a massive f*ck off he could have given to those who've criticised him for the last 10-12 years had he managed a squad to a cup or good league placing this year...which was very possible.

To be honest, this time, I think the majority of the country are on our and Keegan's side, and see that he has in reality been pushed to it.

I think everyone, fans and outsiders alike, knew what the set-up was for months though. If he really is doing this out of principle, he should have done it months ago. I think Keegan was going places with that squad this season, and Milner out for Xisco & Gonzalez wouldn't have affected that too much. There's managers in the lower leagues, out of jobs, etc. who'd do give anything to have an £8m Spanish Under-21 international handed on a plate to them on deadline day, and yet Keegan's walked away from it again. Shame.

I still think something has happened on Sunday/Monday with regards to trying to sell players behind his back. That coupled with the Milner thing will have pushed him over the edge. I honestly don't think Keegan had a problem with the setup until his little rant after the Chelsea game. They had their meeting, sorted the differences, but on a number of occasions throughout the summer the problems have resurfaced until KK decided it was time to go.

I agree with you 100%. I think there was something that happened...but it happened. Keegan could have easily stayed, and done things in private behind the scenes, and cleared the air before January's window. He could have even walked out in a week or so if he was that p*ssed off. But to do what seems to be a runner the morning after the transfer window closed, is hardly enough time to iron out any differences, and I think it was very rash. By doing what he did on Tuesday morning he made his position impossible, and very awkward for Wise, Ashley, Jimenez, etc.

I still think something has happened on Sunday/Monday with regards to trying to sell players behind his back. That coupled with the Milner thing will have pushed him over the edge. I honestly don't think Keegan had a problem with the setup until his little rant after the Chelsea game. They had their meeting, sorted the differences, but on a number of occasions throughout the summer the problems have resurfaced until KK decided it was time to go.

I agree with you 100%. I think there was something that happened...but it happened. Keegan could have easily stayed, and done things in private behind the scenes, and cleared the air before January's window. He could have even walked out in a week or so if he was that p*ssed off. But to do what seems to be a runner the morning after the transfer window closed, is hardly enough time to iron out any differences, and I think it was very rash.

It's difficult to say without knowing the details.

What is obvious though, is that Keegan is right to stick to his principles.

At the detriment to the club, which it clearly has done though?

I agree with you 100%. I think there was something that happened...but it happened. Keegan could have easily stayed, and done things in private behind the scenes, and cleared the air before January's window. He could have even walked out in a week or so if he was that p*ssed off. But to do what seems to be a runner the morning after the transfer window closed, is hardly enough time to iron out any differences, and I think it was very rash. By doing what he did on Tuesday morning he made his position impossible, and very awkward for Wise, Ashley, Jimenez, etc.

The first/main reports on Tuesday alleged he'd been sacked - that doesn't fit your walkout/bottler scenario.

The first/main reports on Tuesday alleged he'd been sacked - that doesn't fit your walkout/bottler scenario.

In which case, when he responded to the NUFC statement with the LMA, he could have easily said then that he'd been threatened with the sack or whatever, given that he obviously at that stage had no intentions of returning.

Those reports were wrong though, weren't they, otherwise why would Keegan himself say that he's resigned?

What pisses me off more are these two-bit pundits and ex-players who sit on TV and tell the fans what they want to hear. Ashley has made an unforgiveable mistake, but we're all human. He got into to a job and a situation he couldn't handle and made a complete pig's ear of it. Does he really deserve the greif he's getting?

I agree with you 100%. I think there was something that happened...but it happened. Keegan could have easily stayed, and done things in private behind the scenes, and cleared the air before January's window. He could have even walked out in a week or so if he was that p*ssed off. But to do what seems to be a runner the morning after the transfer window closed, is hardly enough time to iron out any differences, and I think it was very rash.

He couldn't have chosen a worse time to find his principles. He's made the right decision at the worst possible time for the club. 

There is no point sticking around and us getting a different Keegan. If altering his control on transfers or anthing else he originally agreed to changes the effectiveness of how he does the job then he is right to go and we have to find someone that can work within the system we want.

The new managerial appointment and the Hull game cant come soon enough for me. Hopefully then we can just get back to supporting the team.

Did he make a complete pigs ear of it though?

I don't think Mike Ashley is really the problem, it seems to me that it's more Dennis Wise that Keegan has the problem with.

Still, Mike Ashley did appoint Wise I suppose.

Anyway, if Keegan couldn't manage under the current set-up, I'm glad he's left.

No point having an unhappy manager.

Those reports were wrong though, weren't they, otherwise why would Keegan himself say that he's resigned?

Resigned now - I think he was sacked on Tuesday but then Ashley possibly got him to return and discuss things - hence the delay in any kind of statement then.

My honest view of things since then is its all been about the money which is sad.

Resigned now - I think he was sacked on Tuesday but then Ashley possibly got him to return and discuss things - hence the delay in any kind of statement then.

My honest view of things since then is its all been about the money which is sad.

If he was sacked on Tuesday, before we issued the statement saying he hadn't been sacked, then I'm pretty sure Keegan would be able to take some sort of legal action.

I don't think Mike Ashley is really the problem, it seems to me that it's more Dennis Wise that Keegan has the problem with.

The point is that most people given a choice between that setup, especially with the impression of the people involved, and Kev staying would choose Kev.

You can't resign from a job you've already been sacked from though, can you? If Keegan was fired on Tuesday, there's no way he'd be saying that he's resigned now, given that it might mean he's got to pay compensation, even if he doesn't he wouldn't say that, he'd say he was fired.

Sadly I think there's decent chance you might be right about the money thing. :(

If he was sacked on Tuesday, before we issued the statement saying he hadn't been sacked, then I'm pretty sure Keegan would be able to take some sort of legal action.

I guess he'd have to prove it for legal action - I'd guess it wouldn't have been in writing at that stage.

The media have printed and broadcast a lot of shite but the inevitible conclusion is that there is some truth buried here and there. Sky Sports and the BBC for that matter were pretty insistent when running the sacking story - especially the latter lends weight imo.

The point is that most people given a choice between that setup, especially with the impression of the people involved, and Kev staying would choose Kev.

I know, and it's understandable.

But even though I'll get shot down in flames, Keegan isn't a great manager.

The advantages he has are that he knows the town, knows how to get people excited, plays attacking football and most importantly, had success with us before.

However, that was the past, hopefully the board of directors can do something good for once, and make his successor a big named foreign manager.

No!, it was actually Keegan who chose Wise, Ashley gave him list to choose from, he chose Wise.

You can't resign from a job you've already been sacked from though, can you? If Keegan was fired on Tuesday, there's no way he'd be saying that he's resigned now, given that it might mean he's got to pay compensation, even if he doesn't he wouldn't say that, he'd say he was fired.

Sadly I think there's decent chance you might be right about the money thing. :(

I know its unusual but of my boss told me tomorrow I was sacked and then before I got home he rang me and said he'd had a rethink and wanted to talk about it I'd listen to what he had to say. That doesn't mean that on the train home I wouldn't have phoned a mate and told him I'd been sacked.

I guess he'd have to prove it for legal action - I'd guess it wouldn't have been in writing at that stage.

The media have printed and broadcast a lot of s**** but the inevitible conclusion is that there is some truth buried here and there. Sky Sports and the BBC for that matter were pretty insistent when running the sacking story - especially the latter lends weight imo.

What's the more likely scenario truthfully though.

a) Keegan isn't happy with transfer policy, has a go at Wise or whoever, so they sack him.

b) Keegan isn't happy with transfer policy, has a go at Wise or whoever, they tell him that that's the way things are going to be run whether he likes it or not, and Keegan disagrees and walks.

If they've tried to do something behind Keegans back then he's justified in his actions, pity Bobby, Souness and Roeder hadn't done the same thing when they had players either forced on them are sold without them giving the green light.

But even though I'll get shot down in flames, Keegan isn't a great manager.

The advantages he has are that he knows the town, knows how to get people excited, plays attacking football and most importantly, had success with us before.

However, that was the past, hopefully the board of directors can do something good for once, and make his successor a big named foreign manager.

I have some sympathy with that from a head not heart angle. I've said before that if Keegan had been brought in to do what Venables did at Boro that time ie save them from relegation then leave with an appointment being made this summer I'd have been quite happy. The thing is I then got caught up in the the nostalgia for the style thing.

Trying to be positive it is possible that someone like Deschamps could come in and do a great job, however after the events of this week I think the current regime is now too hated.

"...always walking" - once again the man who is adored by thousands throws in the towel when he doesn't get his own way.

The writing was on the wall from the off, but put the messiah-complex to one side and look at the hard facts.

6 wins from 21 games? not good enough mate, you're a lower league manager (see NUFC 92-, Fulham, Man City) and you couldn't cut it at the top.

Great bloke, I'm sure, great personality but he comes from an era of pub football. There's little of him that can exist in the modern era, so it's a shame that he's come back and tarnished his once glorious reputation.

Obviously the mongs won't see it that way and will keep wearing those rose tinted specs forever, but Keegan was never going to achieve anything - even the best intentions of both mice and men can go terribly wrong (and probably will).

Enjoy the compensation - we know that's what you've been haggling over - and I wish you every succes with your Soccer Circus...really disappointed you tried to drag our club into it.

For those who still can't see that Ashley has done the right thing (in the long term) and are under the impression that some sort of militant action needs to be taken (just read .com) then I really, really pity the fact that you can't support the club and the badge.

The king is dead, long live the king!

EDIT by catmag:

Doesn't need a new thread. Merged.