Public Relations must improve.

James

Why have you allowed Libertine's pointless comment lead you down this track again.

Keegan is no longer with the club therefore is under no obligation to talk to anyone about what happened bar to satisfy our raging curiosity.

Ashley is still the owner of the club and Llambias etc are still in charge of the running of the club and its their total lack of communication with its fanbase that is now causing further problems.

You see what happens, I make a comment about said "pointless comment" then bugger off out for lunch, and this is what happens. Thanks Robster for picking up the baton but can I not trust the rest of you guys with anything ?

Guest The Libertine

Why have you allowed Libertine's pointless comment lead you down this track again.

Keegan is no longer with the club therefore is under no obligation to talk to anyone about what happened bar to satisfy our raging curiosity.

Ashley is still the owner of the club and Llambias etc are still in charge of the running of the club and its their total lack of communication with its fanbase that is now causing further problems.

"under no oblig bla bla bla"

if he had any kind of case in this "fact" argument, he'd fight his corner legally or just verbally to clear his name. he quit because he has "principles" but he'll let ashley calling him a liar go? either no backbone or no case, you decide.

But we arent talking about Keegan any more. This thread is about how the current people at the club are not communicating with their fan base

and keegan isnt talking to "his" public. the public who have done so much for him in the last 3 weeks. thats gratitude.

ashley is selling the club so there will be no news on a new manager. the business of selling a club cant be done through the media, so that'll (thankfully) be done in silence. his "fact" statement made his side of the keegan thing quite clear and he's said he'll be selling the club due to the protests. what exactly do you want? a myspace blog?

"under no oblig bla bla bla"

if he had any kind of case in this "fact" argument, he'd fight his corner legally or just verbally to clear his name. he quit because he has "principles" but he'll let ashley calling him a liar go? either no backbone or no case, you decide.

But we arent talking about Keegan any more. This thread is about how the current people at the club are not communicating with their fan base

and keegan isnt talking to "his" public. the public who have done so much for him in the last 3 weeks. thats gratitude.

ashley is selling the club so there will be no news on a new manager. the business of selling a club cant be done through the media, so that'll (thankfully) be done in silence. his "fact" statement made his side of the keegan thing quite clear and he's said he'll be selling the club due to the protests. what exactly do you want? a myspace blog?

As far as I'm concerned though, the same rules that applied to Keegan, now apply to Ashley. When Keegan walked away, whatever the justification, it seemed pretty clear to me that Keegan will always put himself first. He wasn't sacked after all.

By the same token, if Ashley's washed his hands, whatever he feels is the justification, the fact is he's not interested in Newcastle any more. He's looking to get out, the club is in limbo and the playing and coaching staff are in disarray with no leadership from the top. He, like Keegan could have done it differently, instead he's abandoning ship so I don't see any point in defending him or his ideas any more. If he can't be bothered why should I?

Selling the club done in silence, not through the media. Where have you been? You have been reading and listening you all the stories about their sojourn out to Dubai havent you? Hardly discreet that was it. Now we have the Nigerian story today and their statement that they are employing a company to sell it on their behalf

Of course I am not after a myspace blog, but something, even if its another dreadful web site announcement, at least letting us know that some names are in the frame for the managers job would be a start. Beyond that, let us konw how the sale of the club is going. I dont hear them trying to deny the stories about them not turning up for meetings with important middle-east businessmen so I guess that must be true too.

He was quick enough to get his heart felt letter out to the press within 24 hours of the hull match yet we heard nothing, bar the petulant "fact" statement in between.

Guest The Libertine
Selling the club done in silence, not through the media. Where have you been? You have been reading and listening you all the stories about their sojourn out to Dubai havent you? Hardly discreet that was it. Now we have the Nigerian story today and their statement that they are employing a company to sell it on their behalf

Of course I am not after a myspace blog, but something, even if its another dreadful web site announcement, at least letting us know that some names are in the frame for the managers job would be a start. Beyond that, let us konw how the sale of the club is going. I dont here them trying to deny the stories about them not turning up for meeting with important middle-east businessmen so I guess that must be true too.

He was quick enough to get his heart felt letter out to the press within 24 hours of the hull match yet we heard nothing, bar the petualnt "fact" statement in between.

the first part is purely the media. mainly the media trying to stir the shit, but its still purely the media.

second part, we most likely wont employ a manager when we're selling the club. who would want the job when they could be gone within weeks? and why should ashley bother if he's going to get his £400+ million anyway?

he was telling the fans he was selling the club, which most wanted, so to be having a go at him is rather hypocritical. the "petulant" fact statement has far more confidence behind it that keegans meek PFA hidden excuses.  the word "fact" would be ripped to shreds in court if it cant be backed up. i imagine their case must be strong enough to justify using it that many times.

no matter what ashley or the club say, they'll be laughed at or just plain abused by the "omg king kev innit" posse. even if he brought back "king" kev he'd still be criticised by the masses for it. low profile, sell the club, dont look back.

Again, this has nothing to do with Keegan. Keegan has gone, we are moving on.

Why should Ashley bother? - to improve the clubs profile, to increase its value, to make it a more attractive offer to any prospective buyer. I cant believe for a moment that Mike Ashley thinks he can continue to ask for top dollar for a business whose image goes downhill more and more each day.

Yes, Ashley is selling the club but the club still has to exist on a day to day basis. Every club needs a mouthpiece and currently we do not have one.

Take the instance with the charity dinner that not a single member of the club attended. That is very very poor as far as the PR for the club is concerned and the longer it continues, the more damage it does to the club. Personally I am embarassed when I hear stories like that.

Guest The Libertine

Why should Ashley bother? - to improve the clubs profile, to increase its value, to make it a more attractive offer to any prospective buyer. I cant believe for a moment that Mike Ashley thinks he can continue to ask for top dollar for a business whose image goes downhill more and more each day.

Yes, Ashley is selling the club but the club still has to exist on a day to day basis. Every club needs a mouthpiece and currently we do not have one.

Take the instance with the charity dinner that not a single member of the club attended. That is very very poor as far as the PR for the club is concerned and the longer it continues, the more damage it does to the club. Personally I am embarassed when I hear stories like that.

if the quotes about/from the nigerian consortium are correct, then he will get his price. if ashley was to look for a new manager, what respectable manager would take the job if the club will be sold within weeks? it takes two to appoint a manager.

there is nothing of interest to report though. we know the main facts (that he's selling, why he's selling, his side of the keegan situation, hughton is caretaker for the forseeable) so other than an announcement about the club being sold, or at least terms agreed, there's really nothing much left to say.

i dont know anything about the charity thing btw, so im not deliberately avoiding that point.

Keegan hasnt said anything yet either. just something to remember.

Under what obligation does he have to ?

Answer: none whatsover.

ashley/the club released a statement with the word "fact" in about 10 times which basically called keegan a liar. ashley/the club must be very confident in their argument to issue such a powerfully worded statement. "Mr Principle" keegan hasnt yet answered any of the claims. i wonder why....

You're out of your fucking mind. If there's one thing that statement proved, it was that Ashley and Wise had lied about Keegan's role at the cub, lied about the transfer budget, lied about wanting to build the squad. That is a fact. "Confident" my bollocks. It was one of the most ill advised official statements by any club, ever.

The fact that Keegan doesn't speak to the press only means his legal advisers have advised him not to. It's probably one of his contractual obligations.

And he probably won't until after all the legalities of his resignations/sacking/constructive dismal are sorted, and even then the club may silence with with a gagging order if they settle out of court.    The statement of facts from the club are probably all true, but you'd expect a manager to train, pick, and motivate a team.  You'd also expect them to report to the board.  So its possible for all those facts to be true, however they didn't say that its a fact that Keegan has no part of the transfers did they? 

The club have a responsibility for the PR and part of that is the comms with the fans, Keegan as a ex employee in dispute with the club doesn't.  The biggest mistake in all of this has been the total cruddy PR from the club.  Its fine to treat your customers like dense idiotic scum when they are a bunch of charvas buying cheap as crap goods from your shop, and they know its cheap, so they don't care about service.  Its not fine to treat your customers like crap when they are paying though their teeth to be entertained.  A good business would try to make their customers feel special, at the moment NUFC just make us feel like the contents of the toilet bowl after a night on the booze and curry.

if the quotes about/from the nigerian consortium are correct, then he will get his price. if ashley was to look for a new manager, what respectable manager would take the job if the club will be sold within weeks? it takes two to appoint a manager.

there is nothing of interest to report though. we know the main facts (that he's selling, why he's selling, his side of the keegan situation, hughton is caretaker for the forseeable) so other than an announcement about the club being sold, or at least terms agreed, there's really nothing much left to say.

i dont know anything about the charity thing btw, so im not deliberately avoiding that point.

Martin Samuel wrote a good piece on it in The Times today. Yes he can be an obnoxious scumbag but something struck home with me in that piece. KK can be a petulant sort, but he always made sure that his players went to the local hospitals and did their rounds in schools and other important functions. The fact that Keegan's gone and no one thought to take up the slack says a lot about the club to me, and it's being reflected from top to bottom right now.

Guest The Libertine

Under what obligation does he have to ?

Answer: none whatsover.

ashley/the club released a statement with the word "fact" in about 10 times which basically called keegan a liar. ashley/the club must be very confident in their argument to issue such a powerfully worded statement. "Mr Principle" keegan hasnt yet answered any of the claims. i wonder why....

You're out of your fucking mind. If there's one thing that statement proved, it was that Ashley and Wise had lied about Keegan's role at the cub, lied about the transfer budget, lied about wanting to build the squad. That is a fact. "Confident" my bollocks. It was one of the most ill advised official statements by any club, ever.

The fact that Keegan doesn't speak to the press only means his legal advisers have advised him not to. It's probably one of his contractual obligations.

if ashley and wise lied about transfers and such then so did keegan. if they are indeed "facts" on that statement, then its quite obvious that keegan lied about a lot of things. but its by ashley so it has to be bollocks or all lies, yeah?

again, if the "facts" on that statement can be proved by ashley (and i'd imagine they can be) then keegan doesnt have a case. he'll just be wasting everyones time.

Guest The Libertine

This thread has nothing to do with Kevin Keegan's leaving :doh:

if keegan hadnt quit, there'd be no thread. nobody complained about this stuff/anything before he quit, now its a huge issue. picking faults/nitpicking etc.

if keegan hadnt quit, there'd be no thread. nobody complained about this stuff/anything before he quit, now its a huge issue. picking faults/nitpicking etc.

Yes they did, and they were told not to believe all this media rubbish about "Toon Turmoil" behind the scenes, deals being done over Keegan's head or Denis Wise calling the shots ahead of the manager.

:doh:

We arent talking about if's, maybe, what might have been's. This is about now and what is a total lack of PR from the club. Of course its a huge issue because its damaging the club

if ashley and wise lied about transfers and such then so did keegan. if they are indeed "facts" on that statement, then its quite obvious that keegan lied about a lot of things. but its by ashley so it has to be bollocks or all lies, yeah?

again, if the "facts" on that statement can be proved by ashley (and i'd imagine they can be) then keegan doesnt have a case. he'll just be wasting everyones time.

Wrong on both points. If Keegan was led to believe he would get to choose his players, then claiming that he did have the final say was never a lie. He walked because he didn't. And further, insofar as those "facts" can be proven, nothing has changed. All managers in the league have to report to a board. All managers have to operate within a budget. The fact that Newcastle can't go out and buy players like Lampard wouldn't surprise the man who claimed we would have to compete with the likes of Spurs for players. (Unless, of course, Lampard was genuinely unhappy and wanted away.)

In context, the "facts" imply that the budget was far, far smaller in reality than the club led the fans to believe. And that Keegan not only had to report to a board, but had to "manage" players on the whims of the cronies in London. Which means Ashley lied.

It's piss poor PR. That's a fact.

Tomorrow night was the perfect opportunity for the club to try and build some bridges with the fans.

They could have come out and expressed their understanding at the frustrations of the fans but wanted everyone to get together to help get behind the players on the pitch and improvement and scuccess on the pitch is what everything boils down to.

Coupled with this, they could have offered some deals on tickets to try and get as full a house as possible.

Sadly, another chance has been lost.

Guest northwestmag1892

Tomorrow night was the perfect opportunity for the club to try and build some bridges with the fans.

They could have come out and expressed their understanding at the frustrations of the fans but wanted everyone to get together to help get behind the players on the pitch and improvement and scuccess on the pitch is what everything boils down to.

Coupled with this, they could have offered some deals on tickets to try and get as full a house as possible.

Why would the owner do that when he is a Tottenham fan... oh hang on a minute, who are we playing tomorrow night?

Not sure why they would want to build bridges tbh, the club is for sale and Ashley wants out, I doubt he cares about PR or what the fans think anymore.

Guest northwestmag1892

Not sure why they would want to build bridges tbh, the club is for sale and Ashley wants out, I doubt he cares about PR or what the fans think anymore.

From his Bucks mansion, watching Sky Sports, he will have one eye on his beloved THFC, and the other eye on the impact on NUFC sale value should we be dumped out or proceed to the next round. Yes, I know I am overly cynical but at the same time a realist!...

Which is fair enough if he genuinely wants out.

Guest northwestmag1892

Which is fair enough if he genuinely wants out.

Aye, lets face it he has given his heart and soul to NUFC.

My thinking was that if he attempted to try and quell the masses and tried to turn things around that had a positive effect on the pitch, if nothing else, it might make us that little bit more sellable.

I am sure a team getting to the QF/SF/Final looks much better when negotiating a selling price.