Public Relations must improve.

James

So then several days on, what do we have?

The LMA pre-empting NUFC on all news.

Terse official statements that serve the purpose of winding the fans up further than providing any reassurance or information.

No acknowledgement of any attempts to reconcile with Keegan.

No explanation of the events that have occured.

No acknowledgement of the club's search for a new manager.

No Hughton press conference.

Derek Llambias not even bothered to produce some programme notes.

PR at the club has hit an all-time low, and I wouldn't be suprised if the blackout extended to post match formalities tonight.

The fans deserve an explanation. Even a foot-in-mouth Freddy Shepherd was better at PR.

Due to his complete aloofness. Llambias' position at the club is now untenable in my mind, even if he was not at fault for KK's departure.

They don't seem that interested do they?

Guest The Libertine

no matter what they say, ashley and his team wont be believed by the "omg king kev innit" mob and whatever keegan says is definitely the gospel truth.

Terse official statements that serve the purpose of winding the fans up further than providing any reassurance or information.

PR at the club has hit an all-time low, and I wouldn't be suprised if the blackout extended to post match formalities tonight.

The fans deserve an explanation. Even a foot-in-mouth Freddy Shepherd was better at PR.

Due to his complete aloofness. Llambias' position at the club is now untenable in my mind, even if he was not at fault for KK's departure.

Couldn't agree more. My question though would be WHO is to blame for the silence.

Either:

Ashley is directing this, in which case he feels that because he owns the club outright then he doesn't need to explain himself to anyone. Whilst this is true to an extent, Newcastle United is a business and a business has customers. Continually treat your customers like shit and, even if they're extremely loyal, they'll find a way to hit you in the pocket somehow and both you and the club will end up suffering. I would therefore question Ashley's suitability to own the club.

Or:

Llambias, as the chairman is responsible for the silence. Mort used to speak out so perhaps this is the case as the silence seems to coincide nicely with the regime change. If Llambias is responsible then I would say outright that he is totally unsuited to the role of heading up a multi-national company like Newcastle United and should be dismissed with immediate effect.

Either way, one of them's to blame. Either they quickly start communicating with the people who are the fans (And customers) of the club, or one of them goes and is replaced by someone who actually has the power of speech.

We seen Ashley's attempt at PR last night, empty gestures to try and fool the faithful.

:lol: :lol:  :doh:

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Christ lads, Ashley owns the club and, contrary to popular misguided belief, he wants the club to be successful - whether it be for personal enjoyment or financial gain.

The people he has employed are there to do a job in running the club to Ashley's vision, I don't really see why we need to be at the beck and call of the media.

James, once again you've missed the point.

We seen Ashley's attempt at PR last night, empty gestures to try and fool the faithful.

:lol: :lol:  :doh:

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Christ lads, Ashley owns the club and, contrary to popular misguided belief, he wants the club to be successful - whether it be for personal enjoyment or financial gain.

The people he has employed are there to do a job in running the club to Ashley's vision, I don't really see why we need to be at the beck and call of the media.

James, once again you've missed the point.

I don't care about the media, but I care about myself and the fellow fan, and we've been kept completely in the dark.

Given that everyone else in the thread agrees with the sentiment, I'd say that you've missed the point.

Guest The Libertine
but I care about myself and the fellow fan, and we've been kept completely in the dark.

and yet most people have formed an opinion on how much they hate ashley  :frantic:

but I care about myself and the fellow fan, and we've been kept completely in the dark.

and yet most people have formed an opinion on how much they hate ashley  :frantic:

Because he doesn't know how to run the club properly. This is football, not a retail store.

Guest The Libertine

Because he doesn't know how to run the club properly. This is football, not a retail store.

apart from keegan quitting (and yes, he did quit) he's done very well so far. nobody was calling for his head before keegan quit (and yes, he did quit).

Nobody called for his head because like the thread says, PR must improve as we had no idea of what was happening, and have more so been lied to by the club by them saying Keegan had the final say. When the time comes for answers, everybody seems to just run and hide in the shadows until they can think of someone to talk their talk.

James post wasnt just about Ashley though.

What do you think of Llambias ?

We now do not seem to have one single member staff who is prepared to talk to the press. You cant surely say that this is an acceptable way to run a football club.

no matter what they say, ashley and his team wont be believed by the "omg king kev innit" mob and whatever keegan says is definitely the gospel truth.

And the blatantly obvious point you missed is that Ashley and his team are saying nothing. That was James whole argument.

Guest The Libertine

Nobody called for his head because like the thread says, PR must improve as we had no idea of what was happening, and have more so been lied to by the club by them saying Keegan had the final say. When the time comes for answers, everybody seems to just run and hide in the shadows until they can think of someone to talk their talk.

nobody called for his head because he was/is doing very well. very decent squad, financial stability and a good start to the season. thats the best PR we could hope for in my eyes.

ps. keegan himself said he had the final say plenty of times when he knew he didnt, so why isnt he the liar?

nobody called for his head because he was/is doing very well. very decent squad, financial stability and a good start to the season. thats the best PR we could hope for in my eyes.

ps. keegan himself said he had the final say plenty of times when he knew he didnt, so why isnt he the liar?

Because he walked out over it.

my take is that he did have final say up until that final day of the transfer window. Where the lie seems to be is on that fucking ridiculous web site statement that suggested he didnt.

Guest The Libertine

We now do not seem to have one single member staff who is prepared to talk to the press. You cant surely say that this is an acceptable way to run a football club.

dont know much about llambias but ashley must trust him so im all for giving him a chance.

i couldnt care less what PR comes out of the club tbh. rarely is there any "statement" on the official site worth reading and anything thats comes out is usually twisted by the media or the fans to suit their agenda.

Guest The Libertine

why didnt he walk earlier then? he must have know early on in the window but said nothing about it/"i have the final say"

dont know much about llambias but ashley must trust him so im all for giving him a chance.

i couldnt care less what PR comes out of the club tbh. rarely is there any "statement" on the official site worth reading and anything thats comes out is usually twisted by the media or the fans to suit their agenda.

I think we would just like to know who is in charge of our club. I dont expect huge interviews on a daily basis but it would be nice to be able to gauge an opinon of the personalities of the people in charge, either by tv or even written interviews. We loved Keegan because we instantly knew, by just listening to him, that his passion for the club was equal to ours.

I agree, anything on the web site is just a load of crap but just the odd word, here and there, i think is all that most people would ask for.

For example, it would have been good to have seen Wise in front of a camera at some point this week. Not going into details of what happened but just to tell us that he is fully commited to the future development and success of Newcastle United.

For me, the silence suggests he is just sitting in his office in London, chuckling away to himself, safe in the knowledge he doesnt have to front any direct questions.

I quick interview would help change this opinion for me.

why didnt he walk earlier then? he must have know early on in the window but said nothing about it/"i have the final say"

I'm guessing because he had no say what-so-ever in the deadline day deals, and also the sale of Milner who he wanted to keep.

Guest The Libertine

my take is that he did have final say up until that final day of the transfer window. Where the lie seems to be is on that fucking ridiculous web site statement that suggested he didnt.

do you believe that keegan wanted to spend £200 million on ronaldinho, lampard and henry? because if thats him having his say then i'd rather he didnt.

btw, another thing ive noticed if how nobody believes the above story or anything bad about keegan yet they'll believe any old shit thrown at ashley by the media.

Guest The Libertine

I'm guessing because he had no say what-so-ever in the deadline day deals, and also the sale of Milner who he wanted to keep.

keegan said it was his decision to sell milner though.

both "sides" seem to have told a few lies so the quicker everyone accepts keegan is also guilty of this the better.

keegan said it was his decision to sell milner though.

both "sides" seem to have told a few lies so the quicker everyone accepts keegan is also guilty of this the better.

When he walked his statement suggested otherwise though. Obviously the club will tell him to say that to keep the media quiet and avoid even more "crisis" headlines.

do you believe that keegan wanted to spend £200 million on ronaldinho, lampard and henry? because if thats him having his say then i'd rather he didnt.

btw, another thing ive noticed if how nobody believes the above story or anything bad about keegan yet they'll believe any old shit thrown at ashley by the media.

The Ronaldinho etc story was utter bollocks man. I cant believe there is a Newcastle fan alive that believed that.

I agree that most people love(d) Ashley but when it came to a point when he needed to prove himself, when Keegan walked out, he disappointingly seems to have found himself wanting. You are obviously upset that Keegan walked out and we all are, but surely you cant avoid that the senior managements (this thread isnt just about Ashley) failings appear to have come rushing to the fore this last fortnight.

I have to say, whether it be right or wrong, they seem to think they owe the fans nothing in terms of communication. Fans are the lifeblood of every club, of the sport, and to not keep in contact with them during troublesome times like this, is just shite. Its almost like they are taking it as Us v Keegan + Fans

Guest The Libertine
I think we would just like to know who is in charge of our club. I dont expect huge interviews on a daily basis but it would be nice to be able to gauge an opinon of the personalities of the people in charge, either by tv or even written interviews. We loved Keegan because we instantly knew, by just listening to him, that his passion for the club was equal to ours.

I agree, anything on the web site is just a load of crap but just the odd word, here and there, i think is all that most people would ask for.

For example, it would have been good to have seen Wise in front of a camera at some point this week. Not going into details of what happened but just to tell us that he is fully commited to the future development and success of Newcastle United.

For me, the silence suggests he is just sitting in his office in London, chuckling away to himself, safe in the knowledge he doesnt have to front any direct questions.

I quick interview would help change this opinion for me.

but how much can we learn by those "safe" interviews that usually appear? its mostly "how are you settling in?" "have the fans been nice when you've met them in public?" i could easily live without that stuff. keegan had a big head start because we knew of him for many years before he came here. basically put, i dont care who they are, as long as they're doing their job well.

if wise had done that, he would have been ripped to pieces. like i said earlier, he could say anything like "keegan DID have the final say but he quit because we didnt buy him ronaldinho, lampard or henry" and he'd have been called a liar by the "omg king kev innit" mob. he'll probably give his side when it has all died down and most fans might hear his thoughts with a level head and not just dismiss his views automatically.