Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Paul Ince just looks like a scared child whenever i've seen him on television. You can argue that his PR skills shouldn't matter an awful lot, but the man himself, just in general - he looks like a shy bairn man. I'm only really making assumptions, but imagine the difference in the dressing room from Kevin Keegan to Paul Ince. The personalities/motivational skills will be f***ing gulfs apart.

He's f***ed Blackburn's squad royally up the arse n'all. Robbie Fowler ffs? Yes - finances probably aren't that great and if he came here he wouldn't be in charge of transfers, but again it all links in with players wanting to play for him/motivation, etc.

Haven't paid much attention to Blackburn in general admittedly, but i am not sold on Ince whatsoever. Big f***ing backwards step.

Poyet, well, i just don't know. My opinion of him is just clouded by the distaste of him as a person and a player and his Spurs connections.

Deschamps on the other hand sounds fairly interesting. Done well wherever he's gone thus far - got Monaco to the CL final, knocking 8 past Deportivo in one game iirc. Took Juve back up aswell.

Explain. Can't recall Poyet ever having done anything to deserve distaste as a person

Paul Ince just looks like a scared child whenever i've seen him on television. You can argue that his PR skills shouldn't matter an awful lot, but the man himself, just in general - he looks like a shy bairn man. I'm only really making assumptions, but imagine the difference in the dressing room from Kevin Keegan to Paul Ince. The personalities/motivational skills will be f***ing gulfs apart.

He's f***ed Blackburn's squad royally up the arse n'all. Robbie Fowler ffs? Yes - finances probably aren't that great and if he came here he wouldn't be in charge of transfers, but again it all links in with players wanting to play for him/motivation, etc.

Haven't paid much attention to Blackburn in general admittedly, but i am not sold on Ince whatsoever. Big f***ing backwards step.

Poyet, well, i just don't know. My opinion of him is just clouded by the distaste of him as a person and a player and his Spurs connections.

Deschamps on the other hand sounds fairly interesting. Done well wherever he's gone thus far - got Monaco to the CL final, knocking 8 past Deportivo in one game iirc. Took Juve back up aswell.

Explain. Can't recall Poyet ever having done anything to deserve distaste as a person

The fans would prefer someone with a feel for the club. Like Gazza maybe.

Would people actually want Keegan to come back under Ashley or would it be incredibly idiotic for all concerned?

Yeah it would be interesting to know how many people would want Keegan back under the current or even a revised system.

The only way it could work is if he claimed he hadn't been involved with any of the events and had trusted Llambias and Wise and now that he was returning to "take charge" that trust was misplaced and was revoked with p45s to follow.

That may have had some truth in it and I could even see him trying it on after realising what the reaction has been.

It might have been feasible a day or two after the resignation but not now.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Maybe its a done deal with Keegan

By waiting a while until they announce it it dosnt seem impulsive, and will seem they have been talking over a long period of time

that would be absolutely fantastic but unfortunately for us it is absolutely ludicrous

Ludicrous is an anology of NUFC :)

Why ? What's the reasons behind this ? I thought the hopes of any takeover were dashed ?

All an Ashley & Kev scam.  Not enough money for Kev's dream team so he faked leaving and Ashley has bunged all the milner money on him coming back.

Guest Darth Toon

Must be about time for the annual Steve Bruce links to come out.

Hs odds have been sneaking in over the last day or so.....

If the choice comes down to Poyet, Ince or Bruce, how many would actually prefer Bruce??

Guest Brummiemag

Not keen on Bruce but would prefer him to Ince, Wise or Poyet. Dont want any of them but the trouble is I havent a clue who we will end up with cos I cant see any quality managers applying for the job in the current circumstances. 

Must be about time for the annual Steve Bruce links to come out.

Hs odds have been sneaking in over the last day or so.....

If the choice comes down to Poyet, Ince or Bruce, how many would actually prefer Bruce??

if your gonna have trouble would you want alzheimers,parkinsons  or motor neurone disease ?

Not keen on Bruce but would prefer him to Ince, Wise or Poyet. Dont want any of them but the trouble is I havent a clue who we will end up with cos I cant see any quality managers applying for the job in the current circumstances.  

This attitude has been the problem at Newcastle since the Freddie Shepherd days. While Ince and Poyet are relatively unknown quantities, Bruce has been exposed as surely one of the stupidest managers in English football whose teams play ugly football obviously lacking decent coaching of any sorts. Yet some would still prefer him because he's a 'geordie'.

No he's not, he's a fucking manc imbecile.

I quite like Bruce too tbh.

I don't understand the hatred towards Poyet tbh. I don't like his Wise connections as it would just be jobs for the boys, but too many people hate him for scoring a couple of important goals against us years ago. Is that really all its based on? I've never seen anything about Poyet the man that would make anyone think he's a twat

Guest Brummiemag

This attitude has been the problem at Newcastle since the Freddie Shepherd days. While Ince and Poyet are relatively unknown quantities, Bruce has been exposed as surely one of the stupidest managers in English football whose teams play ugly football obviously lacking decent coaching of any sorts. Yet some would still prefer him because he's a 'geordie'.

No he's not, he's a f***ing manc imbecile.

Nowt to do with fact he's a geordie and I dont want him at the club. I just said I would prefer him to Wise Poyet or Ince

No he's not, he's a f***ing manc imbecile.

Nowt to do with fact he's a geordie and I dont want him at the club. I just said I would prefer him to Wise Poyet or Ince

Why would you prefer him to Poyet or Ince?

Guest Brummiemag

Ince is arrogant, dislikable and unproven at the top level and i dont want Poyet because of his links to Wise. I thought Bruce did ok at Birmingham and he seems to be doing a decent job a Wigan, I still dont want him though, was just answering the question who would I prefer

Ince is arrogant, dislikable and unproven at the top level and i dont want Poyet because of his links to Wise. I thought Bruce did ok at Birmingham and he seems to be doing a decent job a Wigan, I still dont want him though, was just answering the question who would I prefer

I thought Bruce did pretty badly at Birmingham. He spent plenty of money and got them relegated after all. I agree though, he's probably a more likeable bloke than Ince or Poyet for what it's worth.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If this structure is going to work, all that we need is someone capable of attracting the worlds top talent, in terms of standing in the game.

Possibles:

Van Basten

Zidane

Shearer

Zola  :(

Deschamps ?

If we're going to go for former players, I wouldn't actually mind us giving Tony Adams a shot. Hell of a risk, but theres something about him and his career since retiring that suggests the guy might know a few things.

Ignoring the well publicised personal problems earlier on during his playing career, he's (imo) a legendary defender who worked under Arsene Wenger for over 5 years as his captain, has managed a lower league club and seen both success/failure, has gone abroad to coach in Holland, and has had, on the face of it, a successful stint as assistant manager under Harry Redknapp.

Granted it might not be too popular a decision right now because he's another "cockney", but again, if we were to go down the route of getting in a former player and acknowledging that there's always going to be a big risk with going down that route, then he seems perfect to me - young without being too young, won numerous trophies, has worked under some top managers, prepared to work hard for his career, ready to take on a challenge, not insular in terms of where he's willing to work (unlike Shearer?), etc etc.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

For me it has to be ZICO out of the names mentioned. Why? His name carries weight in football; he would bring a level of respectability and attraction for players back to the club, he has said he wants the job, not many do atm. He likes attacking football which would please the fans also.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Gullitt was a misunderstood genius and he resigned rather than costing us millions in severance pay. I still respect him ore than Souness et al for that.