Fatty buying over $200,000 of Champers in New York as KK drama unfolds

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Guest Mucky01

The bar bill is dated 4 Sept 2008 12.51am, yet the story says they arrived at midnight and left at 3am?

If it is a witchhunt then they are just as guilty with the “£200m KK shopping list” they have leaked. The clubs stance and PR is shocking at the moment, I expect more back stabbing by them than bridge building – being the idiots they clearly are.

To be fair, what do they want him to do? Sit and mope in a corner, he was on holiday, they're just trying to make stories out of nothing.

The chairman is meant to sort out that sort of shit, not the owner.

It's not "at stake", we're hardly going to break apart after we lose 1 member of staff, granted it is a major part of the "company" but he can be repaced believe it or not. There's no need to appoint a chairman if you're going to have to sort the shit out yourself.

with a 200+ million "business" at stake, the holiday can be put to one side.

Her pays a man to deal with the club, nothing wrong with him exspecting that man to do his job, seems Mike has come back sooner than he planned though, he wants Keegan to stay but god knows if he wil ltry to make that happen now or not.

To be fair, what do they want him to do? Sit and mope in a corner, he was on holiday, they're just trying to make stories out of nothing.

The club is/was hardly going to die or collapse just because yet another manager left it.

The club is/was hardly going to die or collapse just because yet another manager left it.

No, of course not. So you think it wasn't an urgent situation then ?

I don't know what Ashley's role is in the club, and if there was anything he could have done. I thought he left all the real work to people like Llambias.

Not sure.

I don't know what Ashley's role is in the club, and if there was anything he could have done. I thought he left all the real work to people like Llambias.

Not sure.

he's the owner.

And there was a serious conflict going on with his most important employee.

You think it wasn't important enough to break off a holiday though ?

The reason the Sun are running the the story is because they know Newcastle fans would have expected him to have come straight back to sort it out.

Cant believe there isnt a fan in the country (of any club) that wouldnt expect their top man to be present to sort out a problem of this magnitude.

He isnt stupid and is aware of what the potential fallout would be for KK leaving. Thats leaves me to think he stayed away deliberately. For what reason I have no idea.

For me, he should have chartered a fucking private jet straight back into Newcastle. Maybe he was in NY speaking to the new prospective Manager  :dontknow:

As someone said, £250m business going up in tatters and he cant be arsed to come back and try n sort it...

..i'm hoping he already knew he was selling up.

Comes across as a big headed cockney to me.

I think in Ashleys eyes it wasnt business going up in tatters, more one man with very little say leaves his business.

Agree that Ashley should have been at Newcastle during the last few days of the transfer window. He should have been in a "war" room with the chairman, DOF, scouts, Keegan, Muttley and Houghton ready to go. I don't think people can underestimate just how important this particular window was going to be for the club. This window could have been - and should have been - a demonstration of major intent to show that Newcastle United was a major player and meant business. A lot of fans have done their bit and dug deep to add significant funds - in a time of encroaching financial problems - to the transfer pot. We should have been in their swinging the lead. That's all gone arse over tit now.

Anyway, I've done my bit for the forthcoming battle of St James. Switched a few XXL tee-shirts for XX and the odd Medium for a Small. Hopefully a mackem will buy one.

As someone said, £250m business going up in tatters and he cant be arsed to come back and try n sort it...

Because of one manager resigning? We're a bit of a mess to say the least at the moment but everything is fixable.

I'm going to sound like a broken record here but if people are going to keep using it as an insult then I'll correct their stupid mistake - Ashley isn't cockney, and most Southeners or indeed a large portion of Londoners aren't either. Some people seem to have a problem understanding that and then get really offended when someone makes a generalised statement about Geordies or the North.

Because of one manager resigning? We're a bit of a mess to say the least at the moment but everything is fixable.

I'm going to sound like a broken record here but if people are going to keep using it as an insult then I'll correct their stupid mistake - Ashley isn't cockney, and most Southeners or indeed a large portion of Londoners aren't either. Some people seem to have a problem understanding that and then get really offended when someone makes a generalised statement about Geordies or the North.

Technically speaking he didn't say Ashley is a cockney did he? I could say the king of Swahili "comes across as a big headed cockney to me", which is not to say I mistakingly thought Swahili to be a part of cockneyland..

Just pulling your leg a little Role Model, but are you a big headed cockney by any chance, who takes offense to being compared to Ashley? ;)

The chairman is meant to sort out that sort of s***, not the owner.

Not sure.

he's the owner.

And there was a serious conflict going on with his most important employee.

You think it wasn't important enough to break off a holiday though ?

I can't believe I'm going to agree with Mr Shepherd here, but he should have bee on the next plane home.

Apparently he told Llambias to sort it out.