The summer budget was 12m??!

Parky

Guest optimistic nit

i think thats more paper bullshit. doesnt tie in with going for modric does it.

It's attributed to someone claimed to be "one of the directors", though. Surely they would call him "a source close to the club" if they just made it up.

thats the same "source" that said keegan wanted those 4 superstars though". it wouldn't tie in with all the other evidence about our buget this window. its not impossible that its untrue, but unlikely.

Some excellent points being made here. There appears to have been a significant shift in transfer policy between the short time Mort left and Lumbago took over. Whatever intent or vision we had once has been dramatically scaled down. Question is - on who's authority? The owner or the new chairman? Why? From statements issued by the club and intentionally leaked to the Ashley supporting press (news corp newspapers by the looks of it)  they seem to be shifting the emphasis on this "wish-list" of players that allegedly Keegan gave them. Looks like a basic smear campaign is going on against Keegan. Keegan is no mug. Emotional yes, but for him to walk he would have made sure - with help via the LMA - that he had a cast iron case to do so. The club appears to be in panic mode and trying to regroup as quickly as possible. No manager worth their salt would go near the job under current structural and contractual circumstances.

The so called "£12m transfer budget" just about sums up this new policy - if true - and is an insult to those who have stumped up our hard earned cash to simply watch a decent entertaining team play football the way it was meant to be played. Saying we should follow the Arsenal model is a joke. If it was that easy to do everyone would do it. It's not. Wenger is easily the best manager in this league but he has the resource of a bloody good scouting network to work with.

Newcastle United is what it is. We do not do scrooge.

eerrrmmmmm.......

Ah, er, Well we do now  :cheesy:  :clap2:

lets just say, we haven't done it for quite a while.

thats the same "source" that said keegan wanted those 4 superstars though". it wouldn't tie in with all the other evidence about our buget this window. its not impossible that its untrue, but unlikely.

Considering the ridiculous official statement from the club last night, it wouldn't surprise me all that much if the board's attempt at character assassination scored yet another own goal in admitting the real transfer budget was far below what we were led to expect. I don't think they're telling the truth, but I believe the source to be Ashley or Llambias.

the more statements the club makes the biggers twats they make of themselves. A billionaire owner bigging up a £12m summer transfer kitty. Get your hand in your pocket you tight cunt !

I wonder if they genuinely realise how much this is stoking the fans up ahead of saturday.....

Tbh I thought I believed they had sunk to a low the way the KK issue was handled, but looking at some of the things they are coming out with now, I shudder to think how low these sad individuals will go.

They could have kept Sam Allardyce on and waited till the end of last season and hired a top manager rather than Keegan, which is what you were suggesting at the time IIRC.

I love it how people are dismissing the Henry, Ronaldinho, Lampard, etc. list out of hand, yet are taking this £12m budget as gospel. :lol:

It just seems strange that his list would consist of Lampard, Ronaldinho etc. followed by the likes of Dunne and Guthrie.

Bit of a strange figure, £12m for transfers. Its all bollocks anyway.

I love it how people are dismissing the Henry, Ronaldinho, Lampard, etc. list out of hand, yet are taking this £12m budget as gospel. :lol:

True. There's no way Ashley would spend that much.

trange figure, £12m for transfers. Its all bollocks anyway.

They've come up with that figure by discounting Milner's sale to make it look like it was almost perfectly on budget..

the crazy thing is this leak, which is trying to smear keegan and present the club in the best possible light, seems to think we're all going to be impressed by the £12m figure. what fucking planet are they living on?   :idiot2: of course one doesnt need to be reminded of what our actual figure of net spending was...

it also goes on to clarify that keegan had spoken to the agents of lampard and henry, which leads to me think the list bit is bollocks, but that keegan was on the lookout for a wow signing or two if it were possible - deco, henry or Lampard. either of those three wouldve been, let's face it, fantastic signings. the fact the club have laughed at such good players at this and also the likes of Dunne and Woodgate, openly deriding king kev as a lunatic in the process, and put emphasis on 'residual' or 'resale' value shows what cunts they are.