Positivity

Guest BooBoo

I've got to say I'm more than a little worried about the atomosphire on Saturday. What we need is a huge roar to start things off and undying support of the team  throughout the game, big applause at the end to thank the players for their commitment and professionalism.  Then protest to your hearts content about the way things have transpired. After this game though I hope the fans show support to the new man, who should be in place before the next game. It'll be hard for anyone to follow KK as it it, not having full support of the crowd will make it almost impossible.

In the wake of the last week and the prospect of the game to come on Saturday, I'm really hoping and encouraging everyone to get behind the side. We cant lose sight of the game on Saturday being very winnable, yet in such circumstances (i'm thinking of the awful Sheff Utd game a few seasons back) a negative crowd can never have a positive effect on the side.

KKs gone and he's not coming back. Get used to it. Whilst i'm unhappy with the manner of his departure, NUFC is bigger than him, Ashley, Wise and the whole mob. Life will go on and i hope everyone who's a regular match goer will get behind the side and not become engulfed in this whole "we hate Ashley and Wise". Despite a small squad, we have a great deal of talent (certainly the most for a good few seasons) and there's no reason we still cant have a season of overall improvement- at least on the field if not off it.

:lol:

You'd have been better off starting with a few little hints - "remember how KK used to love a good laugh?"

:lol:

I couldnt resist adding that line to an otherwise serious post!

Priest Chat!

I've got to say I'm more than a little worried about the atomosphire on Saturday. What we need is a huge roar to start things off and undying support of the team  throughout the game, big applause at the end to thank the players for their commitment and professionalism.  Then protest to your hearts content about the way things have transpired. After this game though I hope the fans show support to the new man, who should be in place before the next game. It'll be hard for anyone to follow KK as it it, not having full support of the crowd will make it almost impossible.

My concern is the Spurs game. Unless they do what Arsenal did (tickets for a tenner) i can't see more than 20k turning up. Even tickets for a tenner would probably seen as a bit of a tacky attempt to get people back onside after the current debacle. Be interesting to know who intends going to the Spurs game, i was going to travel up for it but i'm away with work so can't make it.

My concern is the Spurs game. Unless they do what Arsenal did (tickets for a tenner) i can't see more than 20k turning up. Even tickets for a tenner would probably seen as a bit of a tacky attempt to get people back onside after the current debacle. Be interesting to know who intends going to the Spurs game, i was going to travel up for it but i'm away with work so can't make it.

Theres probably a lot of ST holders who are on the direct debit system for cup games so will automatically recieve them. The Carling Cup represents our best chance of silverware and as such i'll be turning out for the game.

Theres probably a lot of ST holders who are on the direct debit system for cup games so will automatically recieve them. The Carling Cup represents our best chance of silverware and as such i'll be turning out for the game.

Ah, forgot about the new dd scheme, will definitely make a difference

The best you can hope for is quiet, polite apathy.  But the reality of the situation is that supporters are likely going to vent their frustrations.  It might be a good thing or a bad thing, but it's an unavoidable outcome.  Blaming Ashley, Wise, Keegan, the media or plain old bad luck doesn't change the fact that the club has been run like a circus in recent years and it leaves supporters with very little to be positive about.

They are counting on us just forgetting about it and being usual football fans, beat Hull and bring on the fickleness, and I guess there are a good few that will go that way if we win the next three games or so but most will stay bitter for a very long time.

For those that bow down and jump for joy at any points we get it will all end in tears come the January transfer window, what goes on is easy to hide from the fans but hiding it from the squad is harder and come that next window we will see a mass exodus of all our beloved players. When Ashley cashes in on Given, Owen, Zoggy, Martins and other no doubt.

We will be back to square one, bring on the protests, the only way we would avoid tat is to be right near the top come January and maybe just maybe the squad might be happy enough to want to stay here, but with the players we have do you see that happening??.

For those that bow down and jump for joy at any points we get it will all end in tears come the January transfer window, what goes on is easy to hide from the fans but hiding it from the squad is harder and come that next window we will see a mass exodus of all our beloved players. When Ashley cashes in on Given, Owen, Zoggy, Martins and other no doubt.

We will be back to square one, bring on the protests, the only way we would avoid tat is to be right near the top come January and maybe just maybe the squad might be happy enough to want to stay here, but with the layers we have do you see that happening??.

If Ashley didn't want ANY players I don't think he'd be spending £10m on Coloccini woul he?

They are counting on us just forgetting about it and being usual football fans, beat Hull and bring on the fickleness, and I guess there are a good few that will go that way if we win the next three games or so but most will stay bitter for a very long time.

We will be back to square one, bring on the protests, the only way we would avoid tat is to be right near the top come January and maybe just maybe the squad might be happy enough to want to stay here, but with the layers we have do you see that happening??.

i think you are right, and the players now know it, so come jan, we will be the bottom 3.

If Ashley didn't want ANY players I don't think he'd be spending £10m on Coloccini woul he?

Note I didn't name players he bought, but it will be more about those players wanting away from the mess that is Newcastle United.

i think you are right, and the players now know it, so come jan, we will be the bottom 3.

You spent months on here having a go at people who were negative. Didn't take long did it....

You spent months on here having a go at people who were negative. Didn't take long did it....

having a go at people who were negative about kk....you think the current situation is going to help our league position?

having a go at people who were negative about kk....you think the current situation is going to help our league position?

Nope, you were having a go about any negative comment about the board too. You claimed that we had every chance of overtaking the likes of Liverpool as their board was likely to implode.

You think that fans protesting is going to help our league position?

Nope, you were having a go about any negative comment about the board too. You claimed that we had every chance of overtaking the likes of Liverpool as their board was likely to implode.

After fans protests in the erly 90s, we went from bottom of the second div to top of the prem.

After fans protests in the erly 90s, we went from bottom of the second div to top of the prem.

So what outcome do you think these protests will achieve? Honest question.

In the wake of the last week and the prospect of the game to come on Saturday, I'm really hoping and encouraging everyone to get behind the side. We cant lose sight of the game on Saturday being very winnable, yet in such circumstances (i'm thinking of the awful Sheff Utd game a few seasons back) a negative crowd can never have a positive effect on the side.

KKs gone and he's not coming back. Get used to it. Whilst i'm unhappy with the manner of his departure, NUFC is bigger than him, Ashley, Wise and the whole mob. Life will go on and i hope everyone who's a regular match goer will get behind the side and not become engulfed in this whole "we hate Ashley and Wise". Despite a small squad, we have a great deal of talent (certainly the most for a good few seasons) and there's no reason we still cant have a season of overall improvement- at least on the field if not off it.

this is what Ashley and his merry men want....50 000 good little sheep behaving themselves

Grow up. BooBoo isn't implying we shouldn't make our voices heard but is absolutely correct in simply stating that we need to get behind the team.

sheep.

Get some perspective. 

This isn't 50,000 lemmings following the pied piper off a cliff, oblivious to the turmoil and danger ahead of them.  Older posters here can verify that as much as Keegan walking may hurt, the club itself is in nowhere near the dire straits it has been in the past.  Does anyone here really think we're in danger of relegation?  Are we hundreds of millions in debt and heading towards administration?  Have all of our best players been sold and we're bereft of depth and quality? 

No. 

A manager with a history of walking out has walked out after a squabble with the board, we're sound financially and we have a decent though not large squad.  It's not the end of the world, the board are not conspirators in an international assassination plot and deriding anyone who dares back the team as a "sheep" makes you a grade A c***. 

You may wish to consider whether you'd have a match to watch, a club to support or even a ground to visit had not the same manager taken the same action some years ago.

So what outcome do you think these protests will achieve? Honest question.

like i said elsewhere...protesting at the match is the only real chance for the fans to be heard.

what will it achieve, im not to sure, in the early 90s we had sir John hall, buying the club , the protests were supportive of his cause.

at present its hard to see what asleys intensions are, so the only effect protests can have, is alert him that the fans arent happy with the present situation.  

He may then be concerned about, a fall in crowds, or smaller crowds for cup games.

This may force his hand if he is looking to sell and a buyer comes along, or if he is serious about sticking around, he will know he needs to change things to keep the gate revenues coming in.

Fuck me, evryone outside of Newcastle thinks we are all a bunch of tossers, and all eyes will be on us on Saturday. We can either support the team on the pitch fully, and try to encourage them to win 3 points, or we can all go on like the bunch of idiots the SSN are so keen to portray us as.

Me, I am going to support the team for 90 minutes, slag off Ashley, Wise and co before and after the game as well as half time, and I am NOT gonna spend any money at all in the ground. I will still wear my shirt and I hope that I am not the only one who cheers the lads on, cos first and foremost I want 3 points, and after this last week, I want something to smile about. And not give the media another opportunity to slag us off.

I love KK, hate Ashley and the rest of his cunts who caused this mess, but NUFC will be here forever, and winning is the most important thing as far as I see it.

If that makes me a sheep, then so be it.

But I want us to win.

HAWAY THE LADS!

Anyone that is engaging there brain long enough will agree with this. People can do what they want around the game, before it, at half time and certainly after it but whilst the game is running we have to support the players and lift them to do it one last time for Keegan and even more importanty for us, the supporters.

Although it seems it could be argued, that chanting to get the board out, causing havoc and basically giving away the three points to Hull might be worth it in the long run if the board leave. I'd not be the one to argue it though.