Joint Statement from "The Mag" and "True Faith".

Guest Heneage

They don't speak for supporters and much of what they have assumed is based on taking Keegan's side because of our emotional attachment to him... in the way a lot of us have done.

That and the lies they've told to con thousands of people out of thousands of pounds.

If you're talking about season tickets, then I thought they were for supporting Newcastle Utd, not Kevin Keegan. I don't remember seeing any promises about the manager in the adverts or letters.

If anyone signed up for three years thinking Keegan would definitely be manager throughout that time, they obviously haven't been watching football for very long.

I don't think Ashley is blameless at all, but he's not the devil either.

No, sorry, season tickets were sold under false pretences. People have paid to watch a team put together by Kevin Keegan, not one put together by the former manager of Swindon Town.

If they were so confident of the same amount of people buying tickets regardless, why didn't they just tell the truth: "Dennis Wise will be choosing the players and we won't be spending any money. Now, that'll be £1500 please"?

Just have to agree to disagree on this one. Obviously the sense of renewed enthusiasm would have helped sales, but there's no reason to believe that they hired Keegan solely for that reason.

If anything, didn't we sell slightly less season tickets than in the past?

They don't speak for supporters and much of what they have assumed is based on taking Keegan's side because of our emotional attachment to him... in the way a lot of us have done.

That and the lies they've told to con thousands of people out of thousands of pounds.

If you're talking about season tickets, then I thought they were for supporting Newcastle Utd, not Kevin Keegan. I don't remember seeing any promises about the manager in the adverts or letters.

If anyone signed up for three years thinking Keegan would definitely be manager throughout that time, they obviously haven't been watching football for very long.

No, sorry, season tickets were sold under false pretences. People have paid to watch a team put together by Kevin Keegan, not one put together by the former manager of Swindon Town.

If they were so confident of the same amount of people buying tickets regardless, why didn't they just tell the truth: "Dennis Wise will be choosing the players and we won't be spending any money. Now, that'll be £1500 please"?

They didn't say Keegan was building the team though as far as I recall. The media tried to tell us it was Wise buying behind Keegan's back but everyone laughed it off as cockney bullshit.

Er... what?

Am I the only one who finds this all far too overly dramatic? You would think people were protesting for workers rights or something. All it is, is one man who quit because he wasn't getting his way. If you want to boycott stuff just do it, but do we really need to hear it as some kind of rallying cry?

It's easy to snipe at things from the sideline, but the world has changed before now by people taking a stand for things they believe in.

hear hear, far too many in- activists around.

They didn't say Keegan was building the team though as far as I recall. The media tried to tell us it was Wise buying behind Keegan's back but everyone laughed it off as cockney bullshit.

Er... what?

You said they made a pretense of the team being put together by Keegan. The club said nothing about who was buying the players and the media told us a completely different story but no-one chose to believe it.

Er... what?

You said they made a pretense of the team being put together by Keegan. The media told us a completely different story but no-one chose to believe it.

Why would I be talking about the media? I'm talking about Newcastle United.

Er... what?

You said they made a pretense of the team being put together by Keegan. The media told us a completely different story but no-one chose to believe it.

Where was it stated by the club that all transfers were Keegan's choices? I personally was always under the understanding that Wise and co chose the players and KK just gave it his blessing which is what Keegan himself said. So if you're gonna blame people for this false pretense then Keegan is just as guilty as anyone.

Where was it stated by the club that all transfers were Keegan's choices? I personally was always under the understanding that Wise and co chose the players and KK just gave it his blessing which is what Keegan himself said. So if you're gonna blame people for this false pretense then Keegan is just as guilty as anyone.

Have you been living in a cave all week, nay all year? ???

Can't blame them I suppose, emotions are high, but I don't agree and won't be taking part.

This.

The last point I especially dislike. Everyones human, everyone makes mistakes.

His system looks to have lost us a fantastic manager and possibly put our progress back 8 months. But I have no reason to believe he doesnt want the best for this club or cares any less for it than many supporters.

We have a right to let him know what we think of what has happened, but people are promoting everything stopping short of burning his house down.

He has everything to prove and a daunting amount of bridges to rebuild. Personally I'd rather see him stick it out (which Im sure HE has the intergrity to do) than sell up to an even more unknown quantity.

Everyone is so confident that if we drive him out the ideal buyer will be sitting there with a twinkle in his eye and a magic wand. People are in for a ruder awakening than the past week.

If you think managers would be mad to want to work under this system, I tell you any invester or buyer would be mad thinking about owning a club under this pressure and fan base.

Have you been living in a cave all week, nay all year? ???

Actually no, surprisingly enough.

Guest afternoonfix

ditto

Er... what?

Er... what?

ditto

Don't drink the beer?! Are they kidding?? How the hell am I supposed to sit through a game vs Wigan without being slightly sozzled? The rest sound do-able but not being allowed to sup a pint is a bit much in my book. Why don't we do something sensible like standing up, dropping our pants and baring our arses in the Boards general direction? Just think 52,000 arseholes staring at them - they'd get the bloody message then !

I mean. Ban the beer. Never heard anything so stupid in all my life.

I knew this would happen btw. People will have forgotten this in a few weeks and will be back up Dennis Wise's hoop. Well I won't.

You'll be up Keegan's?

I'm not going to slag him off if that's what you mean.

Don't drink the beer?! Are they kidding?? How the hell am I supposed to sit through a game vs Wigan without being slightly sozzled? The rest sound do-able but not being allowed to sup a pint is a bit much in my book. Why don't we do something sensible like standing up, dropping our pants and baring our arses in the Boards general direction? Just think 52,000 arseholes staring at them - they'd get the bloody message then !

What about a game against Hull?

hehe, I think we're still allowed to be drunk. Mine's whatever looks dangerous in the Union Rooms.

If people bought a season ticket just because Keegan was here then unlucky you part time cunts.

They probably thought they were finally going to see something worth spending their hard earned cash on.

Another bottom half finish is ok as long as we don't lose Dennis. :smitten:

What about a game against Hull?

Hull is a shandy sort of game. I can live with that. But Wigan, I mean, come on. That is heavy duty.

I knew this would happen btw. People will have forgotten this in a few weeks and will be back up Dennis Wise's hoop. Well I won't.

You'll be up Keegan's?

I'm not going to slag him off if that's what you mean.

I didn't mean anything different to what you did, whatever that was.

Regardless of which way the fans face, Dennis Wise will think he is being stared at by 52,000 arseholes anyway

If people bought a season ticket just because Keegan was here then unlucky you part time c***s.

They probably thought they were finally going to see something worth spending their hard earned cash on.

Give over. No-one would care if Dennis Wise went.

If people bought a season ticket just because Keegan was here then unlucky you part time cunts.

I doubt that will happen thanks to the players he's brought in.