Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

as said Earlier the last time we got promotoed we tore into teams with wingers and goalscorers and Scott Sellars was way way better and more gifted than this waster of an argentinian will ever be..Come to that matter 99% of that promotion side are streets ahead of what we have now and that includes the likes of kelly,quinn,peacock,bracewell and clark

This is totally correct - the 92/93 side would easily destroy this lot. I would be surprised if they failed to score at least 3 times without reply. Sellars created far more danger than Jonas EVER will, and as for scoring goals, Rob Lee would make him look like an amateur. Kelly, Peacock and Andy Cole would have had a field day against the current side's defence.....

You guys get it wrong.  To say Argentina's best winger atm (painfully true) is shit is unbelievable.

He just aren't willing to play 100%.  Not questioning his attitude, but probably due to the upcoming 2010 World Cup.

Being assured by Maradona that he is a definite starter, he probably agreed to take no risk at club level.

That's why he is unwilling to take on opponents --- an injury can end his World Cup dream.

Boo him or not, I can understand his decision. 

He's very blatantly a million miles from a great player. Still love him and want him in the team though.

Think Jonas is a very good player who could walk into a lot of sides better than this one and nt look out of place. He's clearly not "great" though. Disagree with the notion that "great players score goals" as posed by NJS.

I actually just said "goals".

His goal record elsewhere proves it's not a "good player in a shit team" job.

If he was playing in Spain or Italy or somewhere like that he would be siperb but here where he gets kicked and not as much time of the ball he struggles. He is still a threat when he plays though you can see teams worry about him and I still have faith in him.

You guys get it wrong.  To say Argentina's best winger atm (painfully true) is s*** is unbelievable.

He just aren't willing to play 100%.  Not questioning his attitude, but probably due to the upcoming 2010 World Cup.

Being assured by Maradona that he is a definite starter, he probably agreed to take no risk at club level.

That's why he is unwilling to take on opponents --- an injury can end his World Cup dream.

Boo him or not, I can understand his decision. 

Why is it unbelieveable? England's best right back is shit.

I can't understand the decision, just like I couldn't with Owen. We pay the wages, we get priority. Fuck Argentina.

If he was playing in Spain or Italy or somewhere like that he would be siperb but here where he gets kicked and not as much time of the ball he struggles. He is still a threat when he plays though you can see teams worry about him and I still have faith in him.

Didn't you see his miss on Saturday?

He wouldn't be "superb" in any top league in the world!

For the obvious skill he has, it is amazing how poor a finisher and crosser he is, and for that reason he's got to be one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen in a black and white shirt. Despite his shortcommings he is going to continue to be an integral part of our squad simply because we don't have anything better at the moment.

Let's hope he finds that elusive quality that all "superb" footballers possess, composure, some time in the near future.

For the obvious skill he has, it is amazing how poor a finisher and crosser he is, and for that reason he's got to be one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen in a black and white shirt. Despite his shortcommings he is going to continue to be an integral part of our squad simply because we don't have anything better at the moment.

Let's hope he finds that elusive quality that all "superb" footballers possess, composure, some time in the near future.

:lol: yesh he missed, aye he slipped and it flew over but he was under pressure and probably paniced a little bit becuase he is so desperate for his first goal, Carroll missed two sittiers uder no pressure at all.

Guest toonlass

:lol: yesh he missed, aye he slipped and it flew over but he was under pressure and probably paniced a little bit becuase he is so desperate for his first goal, Carroll missed two sittiers uder no pressure at all.

Come on Skirgey. It was easier for Jonas to score than to miss that one on saturday. The lad couldn't score in a brothel.

:lol: You been back on the ganj again Skirge? Either that or you've been on the Grolsch.

:lol: You been back on the ganj again Skirge? Either that or you've been on the Grolsch.

::lol: No am not ont he ganja, still ganja free and I don't drink.. am not saying it was not a good chance oir that he should not have scored, but watch it back he had 3 closing him down and he slipped, Carroll had one bang infront coming onto it only yhe leeper to beat and blasted it wide.

Jonas will score and when he does he will be  a fkn hero for it :D

I just hope its this fkn season.

Whilst I agree his shooting and crossing have been nothing short of woeful, I don't think that chance on Saturday was that easy. He was sliding in, tried to hook his foot round it and had men in front of him that he needed to get the ball past. Sure, it wasn't the hardest chance in the world but it wasn't exactly a sitter either.

I also think that the majority of his problems are brought about by playing on the left. The lad's right footed, and he's having to either cut back inside and cross with his right or else try to put a ball in with his unfavoured foot. I'd like to see him given a spell on the right wing, see if that makes a difference or not.

Whilst I agree his shooting and crossing have been nothing short of woeful, I don't think that chance on Saturday was that easy. He was sliding in, tried to hook his foot round it and had men in front of him that he needed to get the ball past. Sure, it wasn't the hardest chance in the world but it wasn't exactly a sitter either.

I also think that the majority of his problems are brought about by playing on the left. The lad's right footed, and he's having to either cut back inside and cross with his right or else try to put a ball in with his unfavoured foot. I'd like to see him given a spell on the right wing, see if that makes a difference or not.

top post!  :clap:

Why, cos he agrees with you?

Jonas has said he prefers to play on the left wing!

Can anyone think of a player with a worse ability/goals or assists ratio in football? And taking into consideration the quality of defender he's facing, he should be ripping the arse out of this league. Very frustrating!

Why, cos he agrees with you?

Jonas has said he prefers to play on the left wing!

Can anyone think of a player with a worse ability/goals or assists ratio in football? And taking into consideration the quality of defender he's facing, he should be ripping the arse out of this league. Very frustrating!

NO, top post coz I agree with him :D, I think he is better on the right AND its also not up to a player to choose where they play, fact is though he  is our best option for the left wing so we have no choice..

I reckon he should be used as the Argies use him as a right wing back but thats never going to happen.

Last season he got 3 or 4 assists (something like that anyway), Lampard got the most in the PL with 10.  The likes of Ronaldo and Modric only got 6.  This season he has 2 already despite already having an injury and missing a few games.  So, no, not the worst ratio in football.

Last season he got 3 or 4 assists (something like that anyway), Lampard got the most in the PL with 10.  The likes of Ronaldo and Modric only got 6.  This season he has 2 already despite already having an injury and missing a few games.  So, no, not the worst ratio in football.

ouch stats don't lie.

:lol:

Our goal on Tuesday night was also all about the work Jonas put in, he started of a fantastic passing session that led to our goal it was great football.

ouch stats don't lie.

That easily replaceable lad we sold who's really slow, can't get past a man, and can't cross or shoot got 7 goals & 9 assists last season.

ouch stats don't lie.

That easily replaceable lad we sold who's really slow, can't get past a man, and can't cross or shoot got 7 goals & 9 assists last season.

You mean the one that did not want to be here? the one who never did that for us?

This thread is f*cking annoying.  I'm absolutely f*cking astounded that there are people on here who defend the indefensible.  Gutierrez is f*cking HOPELESS.  I've seen people use words on here to describe him as CLASS, GREAT PLAYER & SKILLFUL. These people want to pull their disillutioned heads from their ar*es and see that Jonas is nothing but a one-dimensional, clueless excuse for a midfielder/winger (Whatecver you want to call him) who has ZERO end product.  He has had one memorable game of note - Man U, opening day of last season.  Now tell me, what the f*ck has this great player done in the 50 or so games since then?  Score a hatful of goals? No. Put is some blinding, in fact no, some 'basic' crosses? No? Try really hard to help us get out of the Championship with some very good displays against 'lesser' calibre of player? No. Has he ran into yet another blind alley, beaten by yet another defender, lost posession far to easily? YES. 

But hey, give him his due, he's won a couple of free-kicks....

The man is PITIFUL and WEAK.  He has no heart.  He is basically...HILLARY SWANK.

This thread is f*cking annoying.  I'm absolutely f*cking astounded that there are people on here who defend the indefensible.  Gutierrez is f*cking HOPELESS.  I've seen people use words on here to describe him as CLASS, GREAT PLAYER & SKILLFUL. These people want to pull their disillutioned heads from their ar*es and see that Jonas is nothing but a one-dimensional, clueless excuse for a midfielder/winger (Whatecver you want to call him) who has ZERO end product.  He has had one memorable game of note - Man U, opening day of last season.  Now tell me, what the f*ck has this great player done in the 50 or so games since then?  Score a hatful of goals? No. Put is some blinding, in fact no, some 'basic' crosses? No? Try really hard to help us get out of the Championship with some very good displays against 'lesser' calibre of player? No. Has he ran into yet another blind alley, beaten by yet another defender, lost posession far to easily? YES. 

But hey, give him his due, he's won a couple of free-kicks....

The man is PITIFUL and WEAK.  He has no heart.  He is basically...HILLARY SWANK.

I seem to remember him taking Villa apart up here last season, is that not 2 memorable games?

I bet you fkn boo'd Harewood too didn't ya?

:D