Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Player who's constantly making bursting runs but sometimes loses the ball > player who doesnt get close enough to it to lose it in the first place.

His weakness is his finishing, his movement to get into the box today was better than both Ranger & Carrolls though. Missing is just more obvious.

Man of the Match today in my opinion. Tireless running up and down the left attacking and defending. Picking the ball up in our box running through half their team to their box. End product is a very mixed bag. If he could only learn to shoot he could be quite a player.

The first time I saw Jonás Gutiérrez play was Barcelona at home against Mallorca, three seasons ago. Guy made an incredible run cutting through our defense and rounded out Valdés who took him down. Gutiérrez then proceeded to calmly pick up the ball and shoot one of the tamest penalties I have ever seen, the ball moved so slowly that I probably could have outran it.

pretty much sums him up, worries defences, but at the last moment, fails.

still, bloody brilliant for a championship team. he always adds that little bit of class and the ability to take on players, which no-one in our squad does.

He just seems to spaz out when he gets anywhere near the 18 yard box, needs to relax a bit and practice aa few cross shots, if he could add that he'd be a brilliant player

He's never going to be a brilliant player, he's obviously got no end product. He's the diametric opposite of Nolan, who watches most of the game pass him by but can produce real quality if the ball actually lands anywhere near him. These are all players who don't have the quality to play in the top division but that's why they are here. At least they have took us to the top of this one so let's show some appreciation for that.

Man of the Match today in my opinion. Tireless running up and down the left attacking and defending. Picking the ball up in our box running through half their team to their box. End product is a very mixed bag. If he could only learn to shoot he could be quite a player.

He's been in the game about 8 years, how is he supposed to "learn" how to shoot now?

That's the Newcastle spirit! We can't get anyone better, so he's good :lol:

And what do you propose to do about that?

Lets see if Lennon, Young, Arteta, Malouda etc want to have a go with us.

Just because we can't get Lennon or Young means I should be happy with Jonas? :lol:

Unfair criticism. He creates positions of out of nothing. His finishing is extremely poor, but he's a good player.

This is a mixed up.

fair criticism. He creates nothing out of positions. His finishing is extremely poor, he's not a good player.

Just because we can't get Lennon or Young means I should be happy with Jonas? :lol:

You weren't happy when he tracked back and won the ball in his own half, then ran the length of the pitch to take the ball up the other end?

Name a replacement you would be happy with.

I can't name one off the top of my head. But my point stands, it doesn't mean that I should b happy with him.

You weren't happy when he tracked back and won the ball in his own half, then ran the length of the pitch to take the ball up the other end?

Yes, but he's a winger. What matters is essentially what he does going forward. And you didn't finish your sentence, when he ran into a man or chased the ball into nowhere.

I can't name one off the top of my head. But my point stands, it doesn't mean that I should b happy with him.

Well argued.......

Yes, but he's a winger. What matters is essentially what he does going forward. And you didn't finish your sentence, when he ran into a man or chased the ball into nowhere.

In that case you should prefer Lovenkrands as he'd undoubtedly provide more threat in the final third. Is that what you are suggesting?

Well argued.......

What do you expect me to say?

Oh well argued, my mind is suddenly changed. There is no player out there that we can get that is better than Jonas. He's suddenly good. Yey, close the thread...

What do you expect me to say?

Oh well argued, my mind is suddenly changed. There is no player out there that we can get that is better than Jonas. He's suddenly good. Yey, close the thread...

Well argued.......

You're top. You may not complain about anything, ever, in the history of the world. Ever.

This.

It is an absolutely ridiculous view to take. You can't call a player shite because there is no viable alternative :lol:

Jonas is an awful footballer. Me saying this does not mean I believe we should go out and buy Aaron Lennon because I know that isn't possible. My opinion of one player is not altered because there isn't somebody better immediately available. I understand the team is stuck with him but you can fuck off if you think i'm going to pretend he's something he patently is not.

In that case you should prefer Lovenkrands as he'd undoubtedly provide more threat in the final third. Is that what you are suggesting?

Not essentially. But if all Jonas is good for is chasing back and winning the ball, what's the point of him being on the pitch as a winger? That's a defensive midfielder's job.