Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Thought it was a logical thing to do. Burdisso is at least trustworthy defensively, and Argentina need someone to run with the ball. Di Maria did nothing against Nigeria, and at least Jonas made some runs in the 10 minutes or so he played left wing.

Di Maria was shite, he has a massive rep and is a great prospect but if Jonas had played in his position all game they would have won by more and Nigeria wouldn't have had a sniff.

Maradonna needs to make some tough decisions, he needs to play with proper defenders if he wants to win the WC, leaving himself so exposed at the back means they are spending more time defending than they should do and not attacking as much, which is what he's trying to achieve, attack attack.

Di Maria was canny today and Jonas looked miles out of his depth. He's still a big lovely, though.

You think? He had pretty much nowt to do iyam so he never really looked out of his depth because he wasnt tested. Playing at right back doesnt do him any favours but thats not his fault. Would like to see him play left midfield at some point but surely only injuries would allow this to happen.

Di Maria was canny today and Jonas looked miles out of his depth. He's still a big lovely, though.

You think? He had pretty much nowt to do iyam so he never really looked out of his depth because he wasnt tested. Playing at right back doesnt do him any favours but thats not his fault. Would like to see him play left midfield at some point but surely only injuries would allow this to happen.

I don't mean he looked miles out of his depth against S. Korea; I mean he looked like a Jim'll Fix It winner who got a chance to play for the Argentina first XI.

I don't mean he looked miles out of his depth against S. Korea; I mean he looked like a Jim'll Fix It winner who got a chance to play for the Argentina first XI.

:lol: Yeah you're right, but I love the fella all the same. Im gutted Colocinni didnt get in the squad especially after Demichelis's blunder today.

Im like a little kid when watching Argentina, every few seconds im thinking "pass it to Jonas!!". Messi can be through on goal and i'm like "Jonas where are you? pass it to Jonas Messi man, ffs !!!

Guest Heneage

It would be nice to see Jonas not shoe horned into a position he just isn't suited for. His only defensive attribute is work-rate. Which would only work if he was playing as a wing back.

How fucking good is Lionel Messi? Must confess to not watching La Liga nearly enough, infact i don't think i saw one Barcelona game last year - including Champions League games. That chip in for the fourth goal. :doh:

Too good.

It would be nice to see Jonas not shoe horned into a position he just isn't suited for. His only attribute is work-rate. Which would only work if he was playing as a wing back.

FYP

:shifty:

It would be nice to see Jonas not shoe horned into a position he just isn't suited for. His only attribute is work-rate. Which would only work if he was playing as a wing back.

FYP

Incorrect. He also has very Argentinian hair.

FYP

Incorrect. He also has very Argentinian hair.

He's also got a beguiling smile. I was being very harsh.

I'm also happy we have a player out there, but i'm not going to suspend my sense of judgement because he wears our colours. He's basically a very average football whose place in that team in almost cringeworthy.