Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Poor attitude today. Left Enrique exposed far too much and never tracked back.

I'd fuck him off. He can be dangerous but it just isn't enough. If we do get bought before the end of the month and sign a winger who can cross, Jonas won't be missed.

Guest neesy111

any footballer, who can't pass, shoot or cross for his life, shouldn't really be playing tbh

yes he can run and tackle, but it's crosses and passes that make goals

Barton gets about eight chances to prove his worth but Jonas is written off.  :cheesy:

to be fair, Barton has proved he can do it in the premiership

So has Jonas in spells,  I doubt you'll find many wingers better than him in this league same as you won't find many CMs better than Barton.

Barton gets about eight chances to prove his worth but Jonas is written off.  :cheesy:

to be fair, Barton has proved he can do it in the premiership

So has Jonas in spells,  I doubt you'll find many wingers better than him in this league same as you won't find many CMs better than Barton.

very true. But I can understand why more people are willing to work with Barton. Jonas at times (including today) looks like an absolutey woeful footballer and I can see why people are getting frustrated.

No he hasn't - his distribution is awful, shooting is abysmal and has had just about no end product since he got here.  If we can get a fee for him and get him off the wage bill 100% then I'd bite some teams hands off.

Barton's was more productive during the short spell he was out there. See that left footed cross he put in for Ameobi... I bet Jonas could have 20 goes at the same thing and would get it done.

Guest Geordiesned

Jonas is a right winger and therefore would be able to whip balls in on his right foot on the right wing. Yet for the umpteenth time its them and us!

Doesn't help Jonas that no other players have the pace to keep up with him or get ahead of him, so he runs, waits for ages for players to catch up and then it's over anyway. Maybe with some quicker players etc he might look alot better.

Jonas is a right winger and therefore would be able to whip balls in on his right foot on the right wing. Yet for the umpteenth time its them and us!

But he says he prefers playing left wing.

And he's proven that he's incapable of whipping balls in with either foot on either flank, but very good at running up blind alleys and then falling on his arse.

Thought he had a decent first half, using his pace and dribbling to good effect, just can't cross for s***.

Hope he stays with us this season though, because although I'd want us to sell if the offer was good, we definitely aren't going to get a replacement whilst we're in limbo.

Regarding his pitiful crossing, I don't understand what these players do in training. How hard can it be to just loop a ball into the box with your left boot? He doesn't even need to be accurate or anything like that. Duff's crossing is s*** for example as it's floated in with no bend or pace, but he'll not cause as many hairs to be torn out from heads because at least he gets it into the area with a bit of height on a consistent enough basis. All Jonas has to do is chip it in first time, instead of checking back onto his right boot needlessly, and he's instantly a far less frustrating player, even if he's no more effective.

No he hasn't - his distribution is awful, shooting is abysmal and has had just about no end product since he got here.  If we can get a fee for him and get him off the wage bill 100% then I'd bite some teams hands off.

THIS - Jonas is a liability, esp in this league, and the side needs a more direct and focussed player on the flanks who can at least cross a ball properly ; Rob Lee made Jonas look third-rate.

He HAS to go, as has Coloccini as soon a decent replacements can be signed.

Doesn't help Jonas that no other players have the pace to keep up with him or get ahead of him, so he runs, waits for ages for players to catch up and then it's over anyway. Maybe with some quicker players etc he might look alot better.

Think this is a good part of it, his running would be far more useful if we had other midfielders bursting up with him. We're all aware the side lacks pace...yet complain when Jonas doesnt just lay off simple passes. Its because half the time hes team mates are 10 yards behind him = why hes more effective in better teams. If we had better players, we'd all be praising him for how much his driving runs from defence set up all our counters.

But he says he prefers playing left wing.

And he's proven that he's incapable of whipping balls in with either foot on either flank, but very good at running up blind alleys and then falling on his arse.

I think a large weakness he has is near ALWAYS going on the outside of a player and trying to run around. I cant remember the last time i saw him cut inside from the left & try to thread a ball through. When he played on the right he did cut inside...probably just because he prefers that foot. I remember him specifically setting two up for Owen two games in a row doing that. One against stoke & one in our 3-0 against portsmouth. So prob not bad idea to play him there...

Guest iliketoonarmy

He wasn't that bad to be honest. I think people just like to moan whenever a foreign player doesn't play that well(not being consistent). Some foreign players take several seasons to settle down (even local players like Saylor see how long he took turning into consistent player before he was shit?), let alone the club doesn't have a manager.

Give the lad a chance mate. He deserve it.

I think people just like to moan whenever a foreign player doesn't play that well

Aye because no one moans about more local players.

It's the other way round, foreigners like Coloccini and Gutierrez don't get as much stick as Duff and Taylor despite being more useless.

Guest wild geese

Any player with pace and the ability to run at defenders will frighten defenders.

A good example of that is our very own Coloccini, he simply can't cope with that ilk of forward.

Gutierrez has something that can't be coached and that's speed.

Can't fault his tenacity and he certainly doesn't shirk.