Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Geremi ??

Yes you're insane.

yes he is insane, i am not a pro footballer  but if i took a corner i could get it over the first defender. Geremi has proved time and time again that he is incapable of doing this. to sum up he is cack!

He can cross, Jonas can barely kick a ball. There is no debate.

Ignoring the fact that if Geremi plays we wouldnt even be able to get the ball into a dangerous crossing position ofcourse.

You cant pretend we'd play exactly the same way & we can just pop another player in there. The whole point is Jonas is a large part of us breaking out of our half in the first place to get into those positions.

Geremi ??

Yes you're insane.

yes he is insane, i am not a pro footballer  but if i took a corner i could get it over the first defender. Geremi has proved time and time again that he is incapable of doing this. to sum up he is cack!

If he wanted to just beat the first man every time he would but there is a very fine line when it comes to taking corners, hit it high with no pace into the box and the 'keeper just claims it 90% of the time.

We'd have got into Reading's final third less than half as much as we did today, had we not had Jonas in the team imo. I can remember at one point, only like half an hour in, one of their right sided players bending over and gasping for breath cos he was just so fucked having been run ragged by Jonas and Enrique. His end product is shit as fuck, i'll admit that, but he puts teams on the backfoot - makes them play deep - tires them the fuck out and generally just gains yards on the pitch. It's vitally important in this division.

If Jonas goes that's literally us totally over and done with when it comes to pace. Enrique's our quickest after him, but then, it's Jonas that often provides the chance for him to show that.

But what good is pace when every time you get the ball you stop and pull it back to someone who has a footballing brain?

If he goes he'll not be a loss.

If you can't see what Jonas brings to the team then you're fucking blind. Who'd you play there instead of him, then?

Geremi. His legs have gone but he can cross a ball which would be much more desirable considering the two lads we have up front.

I was one of the biggest JG fan boys going after his first few matches but the novelty has worn off. He has pace but much like Martins he does fuck all with it. He can't cross, pass, shoot, stay on his feet in a strong breeze etc.

The last time I saw someone with so little control over his limbs he was wearing fucking calipers.

Players like Geremi need players like Jonas. Or don't you think so?

There shouldn't be any debate over this really because Jonas is fucking woeful. He's not a footballer, he's an athlete.

Why do people confuse pace with skill? He's not good enough, he can't do half of what a footballer should be able to. I have never seen a winger as inept when it comes to supplying decent crosses, I genuinely haven't.

You might as well put Tyson Gay in a Newcastle strip because he'd do much the same job as Gutierrez.

Yet he was part of a highly effective attacking unit, and a generally good performance that bummed a team 3-0 at home. No, he can't deliver to anywhere near the standard he should, but he gives us something equally as valuable in pace, energy and scaresdefendersshitlessness. Meh, fuck it - can't be arsed. I'm off to bed. Geremi ffs.

Geremi ??

Yes you're insane.

If he wanted to just beat the first man every time he would but there is a very fine line when it comes to taking corners, hit it high with no pace into the box and the 'keeper just claims it 90% of the time.

get stuffed, he played for chelsea, he is an international player, its what he does for a living, he should be able to take a fecking corner. I watched dozens of matches over a couple of years and the most consistent thing is that geremis corners are woeful.

Geremi ??

Yes you're insane.

get stuffed, he played for chelsea, he is an international player, its what he does for a living, he should be able to take a fecking corner. I watched dozens of matches over a couple of years and the most consistent thing is that geremis corners are woeful.

I'm not saying his are great, but it's not as easy as you would think to take an effective corner.

You're purposely ignoring any argument that makes what you're saying look moronic then

What argument is that? A Reading player or two was out of puff chasing him? Fan-fucking-tastic.

Did he actually produce anything meaningful with regards to the two goals from open play? Did he balls. Those goals were cultivated by the players who actually have a footballing brain between their lugs.

Basically he got a shot or two on target and he's getting a celebratory blowjob. That's not enough. He's been piss poor post-Man United away last season save for the occasional game he turned up (Villa at home). If he goes we'll be well rid of him.

I think your view of things is incredibly simplistic to say the least.

Nothing to do with him shooting, i think everyone is aware that HE himself does not often INSTANTLY set up a chance. Ignoring the fact that Enrique wouldnt have had space to cross the ball without his movement today. His ability has many other positives for the attacking ability of the entire team though.

I think your view of things is incredibly simplistic to say the least.

Nothing to do with him shooting, i think everyone is aware that HE himself does not often INSTANTLY set up a chance. Ignoring the fact that Enrique wouldnt have had space to cross the ball without his movement today. His ability has many other positives for the attacking ability of the entire team though.

How is it simplistic? Jonas is a winger who can't do anything meaningful with the ball, something which is kind of a prerequisite for that type of player. His movement may have been good but i'd expect that from any footballer of a certain standard.

I'm just not convinced by him. He can run himself into the ground but that's no good if he can't provide the balls.

Geremi may seem a daft choice but both him and Milner dominated at the Ricoh Arena when we played Coventry. Pace isn't everything in this league but being able to put a decent ball into the box means so much more.

Ok, my opinion is

Jonas run = set up goal straight away ? = unlikely.

Jonas run = Corner which is beneficial to us ? = Sometimes.

Jonas run = Entire team pushes up & opposition is pushed back into their own half giving more space to our midfielders = yes.

Jonas run = More likely to set up goal indirectly from the initial run because our entire side now has more time on the ball & so more space to set something up = yes.

Jonas run = Might drag across one of their midfielders creating more space in the middle = sometimes.

Jonas run = Takes fullback out of it so Enrique can use his pace to run around back and outpace their winger = Sometimes

Jonas run = Giving confidence to our side as we're controlling the game even if it isnt instantly coming to anything dangerous = yes

Jonas run = Taking pressure off the defence = yes

Jonas run = many benefits other than setting up a goal straight away ? = yes

Geremi run = unlikely to get into an advanced position on the pitch = yes

Geremi run = unlikely to give time to our other midfielders = yes

Geremi run = unlikely to be able to get back atall if he loses the ball = yes

Geremi run = Unlikely to take pressure off defence = yes

Geremi run = completely pointless

ya

Ok, my opinion is

Jonas run = set up goal straight away ? = unlikely.

Jonas run = Corner which is beneficial to us ? = Sometimes.

Jonas run = Entire team pushes up & opposition is pushed back into their own half giving more space to our midfielders = yes.

Jonas run = More likely to set up goal indirectly from the initial run because our entire side now has more time on the ball & so more space to set something up = yes.

Jonas run = Might drag across one of their midfielders creating more space in the middle = sometimes.

Jonas run = Takes fullback out of it so Enrique can use his pace to run around back and outpace their winger = Sometimes

Jonas run = Giving confidence to our side as we're controlling the game even if it isnt instantly coming to anything dangerous = yes

Jonas run = Taking pressure off the defence = yes

Jonas run = many benefits other than setting up a goal straight away ? = yes

Geremi run = unlikely to get into an advanced position on the pitch = yes

Geremi run = unlikely to give time to our other midfielders = yes

Geremi run = unlikely to be able to get back atall if he loses the ball = yes

Geremi run = Unlikely to take pressure off defence = yes

Geremi run = completely pointless

ya

Fuck off Rain Man. I'm not reading that all that shite :lol:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Icke talking out of his rear end. As if footballers don't have to move in the championship and can just ping the ball about and win games.

:lol:

Put as simply as possible.

Jonas makes it more likely for the rest of our team to create something dangerous.

Geremi might be able to put a decent cross in occasionally, but hes unlikely to get much chance. Even then, he'd be a burden in comparison to Guti on the rest of our side.

I was right about Jose when all and sundry were slagging him off, i'll be right on this too. Mark my words.

Well at least you've chosen a good moment to come out of the woodwork.

I was right about Jose when all and sundry were slagging him off, i'll be right on this too. Mark my words.

Maybe if you actually take the time to read his post you'll see you're wrong? Rather than just "tl;dr"ing it.

Ok, my opinion is

[cut]

Problem is that this doesn't happen enough, due to lack of off the ball movement in the rest of the team. That's not Jonas' fault, but it's a reason why he's not as effective as I think he could be. Same for Milner, when he was here.