Positives:

-excellent technique

-can take on a defender and win

-lots of pace

-works hard and covers back

-great awareness

-reaches byline with ease

Negatives:

-crosses aren't great (doesn't get played on right wing much - right footed)

-Huffy, doesn't like it when things don't go his way

-Surrounded by a team that doesn't move and don't give him so many options to pass so he loses the ball quite a bit or has to take excessive risks

ADDS SIGNIFICANTLY MORE TO THE TEAM THAN IS GIVEN CREDIT FOR**HE IS THE ONLY PLAYER IN OUR SQUAD CAPABLE OF "BUMMING IN THE FACE" OPPOSITION DEFENCES**

I think he has more negatives than that tbf.

What is his excellent technique in by the way? He can't shoot or cross and he isn't exactly what Souness would call a "door opener" with incisive passing either.

...Holding the ball up when pressured, able to pass under pressure, as for opening doors; he needs an option to do this and it is very seldom the case when surrounded by youngsters and workhorses...

What is his excellent technique in by the way? He can't shoot or cross and he isn't exactly what Souness would call a "door opener" with incisive passing either.

He has a very good touch which is the basis of technique. His crossing with his left is pretty woeful but with his right, it's not too bad tbh he put in a decent one yesterday. His shooting is a bit of an unknown quantity imo he will never be Steven Gerrard but he took a couple yesterday, with 2 being decent and one being terrible, if he keeps shooting more though he may gain confidence and then i'll judge.

His passing's pretty solid imo and he's not exactly in a position to make incisive passes, especially when the rest of the team stay static for most of the game, it was refreshing to see Harewood actually run on the defence's shoulder because for too long we've had 'target men' who didn't make the runs.

He has a very good touch which is the basis of technique. His crossing with his left is pretty woeful but with his right, it's not too bad tbh he put in a decent one yesterday. His shooting is a bit of an unknown quantity imo he will never be Steven Gerrard but he took a couple yesterday, with 2 being decent and one being terrible, if he keeps shooting more though he may gain confidence and then i'll judge.

His record so far (at age 26) says to me his shooting isn't all that great.

Guest toonlass

...Holding the ball up when pressured, able to pass under pressure, as for opening doors; he needs an option to do this and it is very seldom the case when surrounded by youngsters and workhorses...

:no:

His record so far (at age 26) says to me his shooting isn't all that great.

Stats don't show the players role in the team or confidence in the certain area of that ability. He's never been known to be a shooter, at Mallorca his job was simple: Get the ball, run at defenders, play clever pass inside to striker or get to the byline and cross it. His role's changed now, and i think he's going to be encouraged to shoot a lot more this season.

His goals for Mallorca were pretty nice though, all 5 of them.

I think some need to wake up a bit tbh. Players have occasional shitters. It happens. More so when you've recently come back from injury. Jonas is still one of our better players and he will be vital to achieving promotion this season. By all accounts Guthrie's been dogshite in the last 2 games with far greater consequences and yet he's had half of the flak that Jonas has had.

Thing is he rarely plays this clever pass, ok fair enough there arent always people there but he doesn't seem to have the ability to do anything with it. Nolan and Ryan Taylor have managed to pick people out this season.

Thing is he rarely plays this clever pass, ok fair enough there arent always people there but he doesn't seem to have the ability to do anything with it. Nolan and Ryan Taylor have managed to pick people out this season.

You can't compare those 2 to Jonas, mainly for the fact that they've played twice as much as him.

Jonas is effective in that he pegs the opposition back and allows space for others. There really is a smashing player in there somewhere but like Coloccini he'll never be appreciated as much as he should due to a very unorthodox, unbritish style of play.

I can't really comment on yesterday sadly but with Enrique on wednesday night he anihilated everything in his path, although a cutting edge was typically lacking.

Can certainly do a job in the premiership but isn't up for the championship, due to our position and his attitude he will go. Shame because he is a good player, who knows maybe if circumstances change his atittude will change.

To be honest, I think Taylor will do well on the RW with 2 proper strikers in the middle, Nolan will have one good game in three. Jonas and Enrique will clean house on the left and quietly win us a lot of games.

It's never going to be as blatant as you'd expect for a winger, but he'll do some job for us under the right conditions

We're top of the fucking league man, it can hardly be everyone else's fault. :lol:

Guest toonlass

Jonas is effective in that he pegs the opposition back and allows space for others. There really is a smashing player in there somewhere but like Coloccini he'll never be appreciated as much as he should due to a very unorthodox, unbritish style of play.

I can't really comment on yesterday sadly but with Enrique on wednesday night he anihilated everything in his path, although a cutting edge was typically lacking.

And therein lies a lot of his problem. He is massively better with Enrique in the team. Take Enrique out and he is far less effective.

Nolan may have scored goals but as we'll now revert to 4-4-2 this season, Nolan will now be utterly useless because he can't pass, run or tackle.

Nolan will be a lot more effective if he misses out on the midweek games, really doesn't have the stamina to be playing twice a week.