Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Awful tonight.

He was pish tonight - looks very much the fancy dan with bott all end product.

Yeah - can't argue really but he gives us an outlet/option that commits the oppo defence. They can't ignore him....maybe in a weird way he's a holding midfielder. I really don't  mind when he's on the pitch.

A winger is ultimately judged on his assists and goals. He offers us neither.

Nowt but a cliche.  Assists and goals are what you tend to look for in a wide player yes, but a player should be judged on their overall game.  If a player gives the team something positive then he's worth having in the team UNLESS we have someone who can offer more, do we?

You must have missed Ryan, Nolan, Butt and Smith controlling the midfield with their fluid pass and move football which totally perplexed their Sheffield United counterparts.

Awful tonight.

Yeah - can't argue really but he gives us an outlet/option that commits the oppo defence. They can't ignore him....maybe in a weird way he's a holding midfielder. I really don't  mind when he's on the pitch.

:sadnod:

So does that mean we should play Nicky Butt in his place?  Both of then don't score or create goals therefore ultimately they both offer the same to the team, yes?

Anyway, I'm off to celebrate by thrashing Sheffield United in FIFA 10 :lol:

Invite Yorkie for a game, he needs all the practice he can get.

Guest toonlass

Awful tonight.

So does that mean we should play Nicky Butt in his place?  Both of then don't score or create goals therefore ultimately they both offer the same to the team yes?

Give over man.

What does Jonas really offer to the team? He runs at defenders and that is it. If, and its a big if, he gets past them without falling on his arse over a daisy he then passes to people who aren't anywhere near the ball or are surrounded by opposition, while someone who is free is screaming for the pass or he takes a shot that ends up somewhere in the middle of the leazes end. Unfortunately, at present, we have no-one to take his place so he is getting his by default.

Guest neesy111

he's just a shite footballer, that just try's his best which pleases 1/3 of the fans, how many times we had these at newcastle and then look back at them and think, how bad they really we're

any winger that doesn't know to pass, cross or shoot decently in the modern game, shudn't be playing imo

Awful tonight.

So does that mean we should play Nicky Butt in his place?  Both of then don't score or create goals therefore ultimately they both offer the same to the team yes?

Give over man.

What does Jonas really offer to the team? He runs at defenders and that is it. If, and its a big if, he gets past them without falling on his arse over a daisy he then passes to people who aren't anywhere near the ball or are surrounded by opposition, while someone who is free is screaming for the pass or he takes a shot that ends up somewhere in the middle of the leazes end. Unfortunately, at present, we have no-one to take his place so he is getting his by default.

At the moment he offers very little.  Apart from the second half today when he harried the opposition and helped to give them less time on the ball.  Something that showed big time when Mr Lazy replaced him.  Obviously I would still hope he can get back to the player that at times seemed to have the ball attached to his feat with string last season and early this season.  A player that would often go past his man and drive us forward and even if he did often end up wasting the chance he always took pressure off the team and often got us free kicks and corners.  His weaknesses have always been glaringly obvious but that player definitely had his uses even without any goals or many assists.

Anyway I just don't agree that anyone should judge a player 100% on assists and goals, that's what I'd do if I was playing a very basic Football Management game not real Football.

Jonas isn't fit to tie the boot laces of the likes of Solano and Robert that I've seen this decade in black and white. They were REAL wingers, particularly the latter and I remember the stick he used to get at the time from many fans. He offered the lot - pace, goals, assists, flair and invention.

In fact, what's Robert doing now - is he still without a club? ;) :D A 33-34 year old Robert would offer us a lot more than this Argie pretender. Roma want him in Jan? Sell him and get a decent winger in with a bit of pace and end product!

Jonas isn't fit to tie the boot laces of the likes of Solano and Robert that I've seen this decade in black and white. They were REAL wingers, particularly the latter and I remember the stick he used to get at the time from many fans. He offered the lot - pace, goals, assists, flair and invention.

In fact, what's Robert doing now - is he still without a club? ;) :D A 33-34 year old Robert would offer us a lot more than this Argie pretender. Roma want him in Jan? Sell him and get a decent winger in with a bit of pace and end product!

jonas is a good a player as robert......but he just can't be arsed.

He's clearly NOT a shit footballer like some would have you believe, but he has a lot to work on.

He's just the scapegoat of the month at the minute it seems.

Well he is. He can't pass, he can't shoot, his first touch is poor, his reading of the game is shite, his movement is pretty weak. Apart from the odd mazy run he offers nothing.

There's also the fact his commitment to the cause has went through the floor. I'm seriously beginning to wonder whether the World Cup is on his mind. Maradona rates him and he knows that barring injury he's in the squad but once that mad bastard is out on his ear he's got no chance.

Guest toonlass

Awful tonight.

Give over man.

At the moment he offers very little.  Apart from the second half today when he harried the opposition and helped to give them less time on the ball.  Something that showed when Mr Lazy replaced him, shortly followed by us being completely under the cosh.  Obviously I would still hope he can get back to the player that seemed to have the ball attached to his feat with string at times last season and early this season.  A player that would often go past his man and drive us forward, even if he did often end up wasting the chance he always took pressure off the team and often got us freekicks and corners.  Either way I stick by my opinion that you can't simply judge a player 100% on assists and goals, that's what you'd do if you were playing a very basic Football Management game not real Football.

Its not basic Football Management games where the problems lie, its basic football with Jonas. Forget about assists and goals. If he would just pass the ball to players in space, or play the simple pass instead of trying to be Mr Fantastic, or just keep his head then you can say he is a decent footballer. I watched him last season at home and away, and have seen him this season too, and all that has been glaringly obivious is that he cannot do the simple things, has no awareness as to where his team-mates are and thinks that beating a load of opposition and then crumpling in a heap in front of the referee means more than just playing a simple ball that gets to a team-mate.

I know the mods frown upon abuse but this is called for:

Fuck off you daft twat.

I've never seen a hint of any of the qualities that Robert had, where Jonas is concerned.

he's just a shite footballer, that just try's his best which pleases 1/3 of the fans, how many times we had these at newcastle and then look back at them and think, how bad they really we're

any winger that doesn't know to pass, cross or shoot decently in the modern game, shudn't be playing imo

I think any footballer who doesn't know how to move into space, make himself available and receive it at pace, hold it under pressure then run with the ball while actually moving forward shouldn't be playing either. Or they could always pull on the armband and call the manager "Chris".

Robert was absolutely brilliant as far as assists and goals go, one of the very best in the league at the time.  Super lazy bastard that never did a single bit of defensive work in his entire time here like but still brilliant.  I'd still choose Solano in his prime over him though.

He's clearly NOT a shit footballer like some would have you believe, but he has a lot to work on.

He's a good footballer with a lacklustre attitude that is ruining his game for us and therefore he isn't good enough.

So you obviously didn't see Laurent at the end of his career at Pompey then - worse than useless and believe it or not worse than Jonas. Name that winger with pace and end product that Ashley will buy to replace Guttierez and you will have an audience.   

Awful tonight.

Give over man.

At the moment he offers very little.  Apart from the second half today when he harried the opposition and helped to give them less time on the ball.  Something that showed when Mr Lazy replaced him, shortly followed by us being completely under the cosh.  Obviously I would still hope he can get back to the player that seemed to have the ball attached to his feat with string at times last season and early this season.  A player that would often go past his man and drive us forward, even if he did often end up wasting the chance he always took pressure off the team and often got us freekicks and corners.  Either way I stick by my opinion that you can't simply judge a player 100% on assists and goals, that's what you'd do if you were playing a very basic Football Management game not real Football.

Its not basic Football Management games where the problems lie, its basic football with Jonas. Forget about assists and goals. If he would just pass the ball to players in space, or play the simple pass instead of trying to be Mr Fantastic, or just keep his head then you can say he is a decent footballer. I watched him last season at home and away, and have seen him this season too, and all that has been glaringly obivious is that he cannot do the simple things, has no awareness as to where his team-mates are and thinks that beating a load of opposition and then crumpling in a heap in front of the referee means more than just playing a simple ball that gets to a team-mate.

I agree, he always seems to try too hard to do something special and if he would more simple passing most of the time he could relax into the game and his form would probably improve a lot.  I'd assume our manager would be telling him that, though I see no evidence of it.

Like I said hopefully he can get over this and bad form and start offering something positive to the team again, he's not suddenly going to start scoring goals or start firing great crosses in.  But we can hope that he at least gets back to the player who could go past a player or two and hold on to the ball.

He's a good footballer with a lacklustre attitude that is ruining his game for us and therefore he isn't good enough.

I honestly didn't see this lacklustre attitude. I think he got a bit pissed off with our attempts to sink below Sheffield's brand of football but he stuck with it pretty gamely imo.

Guest neesy111

I think any footballer who doesn't know how to move into space, make himself available and receive it at pace, hold it under pressure then run with the ball while actually moving forward shouldn't be playing either. Or they could always pull on the armband and call the manager "Chris".

tell me how many times has he done that this season, let alone the last few matches

stop sticking up for someone who clearly doesn't have the talent to play football at this level, if it's cos he tries hard, i could give a couple of million men in this country that would do the samething, and clearly this is something other clubs can see, cos no fucker has came for him at all, not even when we signed him

5 goals in almost 300 games for a midfielder is shocking imo

football is all about QUALITY, hence why u get the likes of adebayor etc who are lazy twats, but quality footballers and play at the top

robert was a lazt twat, but one amazing footballer

to those who said he tries hard and get's back, his tracking back and defending was disgraceful tonight

:dowie:

I don't say this often but you must have been watching another game.  He was crap no doubt in the first half and still frustrating in the second.  But to say he didn't put in effort defensively is just nonsense.

Guest neesy111

to those who said he tries hard and get's back, his tracking back and defending was disgraceful tonight

:dowie:

guess u didn't see the time, he was just pointing at danny simpson to track someone, was just neglecting who he was marking!  basic stuff