"Cockney Mafia Out"

Stu

Yes, violence and hooliganism was stated. Oh no, that was you. Get a grip.

Read the post or dont respond. If its a little bit too complicated for you, ask a teacher to explain what its trying to say. Dont waste my time if you dont have the brains to understand what is being said.

Very unlike yourself to come across as a patronising know it all mind.

I'm talking to NJS and was told to get a grip by someone who didnt even read past the first line of my post and mis-reprsented the point i was making.

f*** off. I didnt want to abuse you or him directly so i pointed that out instead. This time i didnt bother.

That's the spirit.

Why don't you beat me unconscious next time you see me, I clearly deserve it.

The best non-sequitur i've ever seen on here. You clearly have no intention of engaging on any of the points made.

Clearly I don't.

And you can stick your secateurs up our arse son.

:lol: ok

Yes, violence and hooliganism was stated. Oh no, that was you. Get a grip.

Read the post or dont respond. If its a little bit too complicated for you, ask a teacher to explain what its trying to say. Dont waste my time if you dont have the brains to understand what is being said.

Very unlike yourself to come across as a patronising know it all mind.

I'm talking to NJS and was told to get a grip by someone who didnt even read past the first line of my post and mis-reprsented the point i was making.

f*** off. I didnt want to abuse you or him directly so i pointed that out instead. This time i didnt bother.

That's the spirit.

Why don't you beat me unconscious next time you see me, I clearly deserve it.

The best non-sequitur i've ever seen on here. You clearly have no intention of engaging on any of the points made.

Clearly I don't.

And you can stick your secateurs up our arse son.

You share an arse with Chez?

Sounds painful, and messy.

Sorry I missed your last point  - "cockney" is relevant to me not because of their birthplace but because of where the club is being run from.

The players we are buying dont play in the north east, they've been mainly from Spain, if we set up an office in Madrid would that bother you too?

But plenty of people have expressed plenty of hatred in this thread and as ever, there are some who would take the attitude too far, hence the blokes at the top of the club cant actually attend the game through threat of...... ?

Tribalist attitudes left unchecked led to some serious violent situations in the past, i dont see why regionalism needs to come into this. That attitude is pathetic and small-minded in my opinion, you go for your life though, its a free country.

I think i preferred it when you werent 'cold and logical' about the board as then i wouldnt be reading things like the sqaud is weaker. Smaller doesnt mean weaker.

And if you hate Dennis wise then surely banners should read 'Wise out' as its a hatred of him as a person?

Fair enough bit one "good" thing about yesterday was that nobody crossed the line into violence - surely that shows the "hatred" is tame at best.

Of course in the bigger world I'm very anti-tribalism - that's why I'm not a traditional patriot but I think in something like football it is fair enough up to a certain point. As I said originally no matter how much people argue about it, it is the basis of the passion in football.

That doesn't mean I'm some kind of geordie supremacist who thinks anyone outside the NE should be banned - I know several fans from outside the region and have never had a problem with it. However I think the bedrock has to be local and I especially think the people who run the club, no matter where they are from, should run it from Newcastle.

Sorry I missed your last point  - "cockney" is relevant to me not because of their birthplace but because of where the club is being run from.

The players we are buying dont play in the north east, they've been mainly from Spain, if we set up an office in Madrid would that bother you too?

If the structure was as defined by Keegan and the "old" statements from the club I'd have no objection and would welcome overseas offices. If it run as per the "fact" statement then Wise should be in Newcastle.

If the structure was as defined by Keegan and the "old" statements from the club I'd have no objection and would welcome overseas offices. If it run as per the "fact" statement then Wise should be in Newcastle.

Good point i just dont think 'cockney mafia out' quite captured that.

This is a lot of fuss about nothing, if a London team was being run from up here then the banners would be about Geordies instead of cockneys.

:thup: Does seem like people are thinking too much and looking too deep into it.

The guy on Talksport through the night had us and liverpool on as a call subject because he thought it was all about a class war

This is a lot of fuss about nothing, if a London team was being run from up here then the banners would be about Geordies instead of cockneys.

:thup: Does seem like people are thinking too much and looking too deep into it.

The guys in Talksport through the night had us and liverpool on as a call subject because he thought it was all about a class war

It's definitely not a class war. Yes, it's good, but it's not class. That word is used far too easily.

I prefered World War Two. More explosions and more drama than the original. Great antagonist too. Just the perfect sequel really.

so what would we think of the southerners then?

Personally I wouldnt give a fuck if they held a "Geordie Mafia Out" banner up. I like to think I would be able to see where they were coming from.

I can't speak for anyone else but it wouldn't make any difference, I've been called a Geordie bastard while supporting the team and I wasn't bothered at all as I don't have a problem with where I'm from.

Personally I wouldnt give a fuck if they held a "Geordie Mafia Out" banner up. I like to think I would be able to see where they were coming from.

:blush:

EDIT: In terms of their argument over being run from Newcastle. I worded it badly sorry

Isnt the London office due to Heathrow airport being a bigger airport than Newcastle?

What difference would that make?  I'm sure a connection flight of 45 minutes isn't the end of the world.

It normally adds 5 hours to the journey and sometimes up to 8 hours in my experience.

Isnt the London office due to Heathrow airport being a bigger airport than Newcastle?

What difference would that make?  I'm sure a connection flight of 45 minutes isn't the end of the world.

Whenever I fly ba from newcastle to europe I invariably need to change over at Heathrow...whilst not an unpleasant experience, it does add on 3-4hours at least.

The airport argument should only apply to a scout - not an executive director or head of recruitment.

The latter would obviously need to travel but only to negotiate so therefore not as much as a scout imo.

Why is everyone being so 'PC' in case we offend some twats at the other end of the country?

Cockneys have been shafting this region since the year dot.

For that side of the argument I'd move from "cockneys" to the "powers that be" which is more of a class thing than simple regionalism.

The airport argument should only apply to a scout - not an executive director or head of recruitment.

The latter would obviously need to travel but only to negotiate so therefore not as much as a scout imo.

Wise is in charge of youth recruitment as part of his role so goes all over the world to look at young players. One example was the tournament in Houston that he spotted that American kid at a few months ago.

Why is everyone being so 'PC' in case we offend some twats at the other end of the country?

Cockneys have been shafting this region since the year dot.

It's not about 'offending' some twat from the other end of the country, it's about fuelling the stereotypical negative image that's been hung on the NE since the days of yore. Personally, I'm proud to be from the North East and think we've got some fantastic things going for us as a region; however, the positives that fellow geordies have worked hard to achieve, are often reduced/dismissed by the actions of a few stereotypical muppets desperate to get onto telly - why do you think we only ever see the "mongs" on SSN?