In the calendar year...

Guest Gallowgate Mag

club in turmoil,  players not good enough, poor points return, I can see the dreaded 'R' word coming over the horizon.

Reddy Repherd ?

:laugh:

:lol: Classic madras. Beautiful. Better still if you say it out loud in a "Scooby Doo" voice. :lol:

Stolen from toontastic.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/8343/managerskm7.jpg

i just cant think why keegan is so popular.....

whats keegan combined?

is that like captain planet? all our hopes and dreams for the club conmbined into King kev?

I'm a huge KK fan, make no mistake about that, but I have to say those statistics are pretty damning, even taking into account the tough set of fixtures, results really haven't been impressive in the slightest.

I'm a huge KK fan, make no mistake about that, but I have to say those statistics are pretty damning, even taking into account the tough set of fixtures, results really haven't been impressive in the slightest.

ehh, he is statistically the best manager we ever had!

Not in his second spell.

Not in his second spell.

oh, you only consider his record when he picks up the pieces from fat sam.

Not in his second spell.

Look centrepaddock, I've been as supportive as anyone on KK but I'm not blind enough to not see that things have not been perfect since he got here and that perhaps the KK of 10 years ago is a different beast to the KK now.

Having said that up until a few days ago I thought getting KK back was still the best thing for this football club. Since events though have moved on I'm seriously rethinking that is the best, and a fresh start for a new owner (or most probably the current one) alonside a new manager is now what we need.

I never doubted KK when he was with us either time, never once but I would be lying if I did not say that I thought we should have done a little better in some of the games he was in charge.

Not in his second spell.

Look centrepaddock, I've been as supportive as anyone on KK but I'm not blind enough to not see that things have not been perfect since he got here and that perhaps the KK of 10 years ago is a different beast to the KK now.

Having said that up until a few days ago I thought getting KK back was still the best thing for this football club. Since events though have moved on I'm seriously rethinking that is the best, and a fresh start for a new owner (or most probably the current one) alonside a new manager is now what we need.

I never doubted KK when he was with us either time, never once but I would be lying if I did not say that I thought we should have done a little better in some of the games he was in charge.

Look Afar....not just over the last few days then...

stats mean little without their context, just look at how roeder & souness are above joe harvey, or allardyce above keegan. the effect of a worsening allardyce side and the initial drop once keegan took over account for the poor percentage or calendar year showing. once keegan got us playing well (say the brum away game) we saw our best football since SBR, and we certainly looked bright in our opening games this season. had keegan been backed in the market i think 99% of us wouldve been looking forward to a very exciting season indeed.

seems some are rewriting history based on a group of stats taken out of context.

5 out of the 9 best in Shepherd's.

That table must be for all games, Souness had games against Cheltenham, Yeading and Mansfield amongst others.  On league games alone, out of our last 4 managers, Roeder (45.51) has the best points percentage, followed by Allardyce (41.27), Keegan (41.18) then Souness (39.77). 

Keegan was here for the least number of games so his results would almost certainly have got much better if he'd stayed longer, for instance if he'd stayed and we'd won against Hull his points percentage would have been the second best and only 1% behind Roeder. I would think after another 3 games he would have been the best of the 4.

Did Keegan really make such a massive impact? By pulling in 21 points since new year, yes we stayed up, but it's hardly the most glowing endorsement of his tenure that every other manager bar those that went down managed to get more.

The difference Keegan made can be shown when you see Allardyce played 2 of the top 4 at home and 1 away, Keegan played 2 of them at home and 4 away.  Keegan faced the top 4 twice as many times and yet managed 20% less games.

Guest KeithKettleborough

I think without KK we would have gone down last season. The team were so bad and confidence shot to pieces that I doubt any manager could have saved them.

I base this on the fact that I do not think that us, the fans, would have been patient enough to wait so long for things to "click" if it hadn't been KK in charge. We would have got on players backs etc as it was happening before KK came but generally ceased when he took over.

Keeping us up was an achievement I think but actually getting that terrible team to play football and start winning, was a greater achievement in my mind than keeping us up when he first arrived.

Hopefully I am wrong but I don't think its possible that we will be talking about relegation soon, its a certainty.